The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2024, 11:43 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 887
Default Sheryl working with Stevie on new song

https://twitter.com/Nickslive/status..._0pGBli-A&s=19
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 04-26-2024, 04:27 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,870
Default

One song. OK.
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-26-2024, 07:41 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
One song. OK.
mitzo, it’s an album! Remember Sheryl was a producer on TISL.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2024, 10:53 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,706
Default

Sheryl seems thrilled.... not
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-27-2024, 02:17 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Sheryl seems thrilled.... not
THE WORLD knows there ain't no art emitting from this pile... for 41 years now... laurels city.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-2024, 04:59 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,276
Default

She should do something different. She should cover Hell's Bells by AC DC.
Waddy loves that song too.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-27-2024, 05:00 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THE WORLD knows there ain't no art emitting from this pile... for 41 years now... laurels city.
Can you imagine weeding through Stevie's gibberish and trying to turn it into a song? The song probably contains thousands of words of pure nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-27-2024, 09:23 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
mitzo, it’s an album! Remember Sheryl was a producer on TISL.
Not an album, I bet. And I disliked Sheryl's production of Stevie on TISL.
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-27-2024, 09:51 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 6,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I love how Sheryl says that "Stevie only works at night" and therefore she shows up at like 7pm and then of course stays up all night, doesn't get up the next day til 2pm. But she, Sheryl, "I get up at 6am with my kids" which forces her to juggle her life and working with Stevie's schedule.... because OF COURSE Stevie won't change HER schedule, not even considering someone has children or a family or whatever else in THEIR lives that makes it hard for them to just flip their work hours around to match hers. Doesn't matter... she's a LEGEND dammit, and everyone must bend to her wishes. Reminds me of her (and her posse) showing up at Harry Styles' and listening to his new album and then not only telling him all the ways she'd have done things differently but then staying all freaking night while he, exhausted, kept trying to figure how to get her the hell out so he could go to bed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-27-2024, 10:14 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I love how Sheryl says that "Stevie only works at night" and therefore she shows up at like 7pm and then of course stays up all night, doesn't get up the next day til 2pm. But she, Sheryl, "I get up at 6am with my kids" which forces her to juggle her life and working with Stevie's schedule.... because OF COURSE Stevie won't change HER schedule, not even considering someone has children or a family or whatever else in THEIR lives that makes it hard for them to just flip their work hours around to match hers. Doesn't matter... she's a LEGEND dammit, and everyone must bend to her wishes. Reminds me of her (and her posse) showing up at Harry Styles' and listening to his new album and then not only telling him all the ways she'd have done things differently but then staying all freaking night while he, exhausted, kept trying to figure how to get her the hell out so he could go to bed.
In a 2017 interview, Stevie said Lindsey has us(FM) rehearse at 2:00pm so we can finish for him to go home to have dinner with his family and I’m like are you kidding? I can sleep until 4pm.
But when you’re the star of the band, the law is you get fired if you don’t do what the star asks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-27-2024, 10:15 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Not an album, I bet. And I disliked Sheryl's production of Stevie on TISL.
It will be an album. Stevie learned with Show Them The Way that singles or dropping a one-off new song doesn’t work. She’ll go the way she likes to do it with tv appearances and a tour.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-27-2024, 11:31 AM
blinker12's Avatar
blinker12 blinker12 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 931
Default

Haven’t we heard over the past few years that she is working on stuff with Greg Kurstin and Dave Stewart? The Kurstin talk was a few years ago and may have just been the cover of FWIW, but Stewart was back in December:

https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/202...potential.html

I wonder if she IS cobbling an album together with multiple producers, a la TISL.
__________________
There were reasons to be crazy. - Stevie Nicks, “Real Tears”
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-27-2024, 01:20 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Haven’t we heard over the past few years that she is working on stuff with Greg Kurstin and Dave Stewart? The Kurstin talk was a few years ago and may have just been the cover of FWIW, but Stewart was back in December:

https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/202...potential.html

I wonder if she IS cobbling an album together with multiple producers, a la TISL.
Kurstin co-wrote and produced Show Them The Way; Stewart played guitar on it. In 2022, she said she had recorded her best song that she's written and also that she had recorded songs with Greg Kurstin and she gave the titles. And then in December 2023 that interview with Stewart came out.
Could be she is doing what she did with TISL. Kind of weird she wouldn't have had an album out before the tour she's been on since May 2022 that's now going to be a world tour!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-27-2024, 01:31 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,964
Default

I would love another studio album from Stevie. Julia needs to be included along with a couple other songs from her “vault”. I think Sheryl Crow did a fine job on TISL. It was a definite comeback album for her in many ways. If she is going to do another “Rock” album NOW is the time to release it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-27-2024, 09:53 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It will be an album. Stevie learned with Show Them The Way that singles or dropping a one-off new song doesn’t work. She’ll go the way she likes to do it with tv appearances and a tour.
She is not going to get big sales no matter what, so what does it matter? She can't be doing this for sales. That part of her life is over.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


BILLY BURNETTE – BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY 7

BILLY BURNETTE – BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY 7" VINYL 45 RPM PROMO POLYDOR PD 14549 VG+

$6.79



Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette [New CD] Rmst, Reissue picture

Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette [New CD] Rmst, Reissue

$15.38



Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette - CD picture

Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette - CD

$16.99



Billy Burnette -  S/T - 1980 Columbia Records White Label Promo LP EX/VG++ picture

Billy Burnette - S/T - 1980 Columbia Records White Label Promo LP EX/VG++

$8.97



Between Friends LP by Billy Burnette vinyl 1979 VG+ PD-1-6242 Polydor Records picture

Between Friends LP by Billy Burnette vinyl 1979 VG+ PD-1-6242 Polydor Records

$3.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved