User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2022, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Chicken Shack live 1968

Wow. Does anyone know who the person is that is posting these? Such great quality and rare gems. Chris sounds so good. I was not even born yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijU4E5PYXhs
Old 03-16-2022, 07:34 AM

Yes, these are fantastic. They were released on CD in the early 2000's or late 90's. It's when I discovered her piano skills. She's so held back in FM, especially after B/N joined. Partly due to genre, partly due to her demeanor, and partly due to Lindsey.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy crap! What a week! First the Des Moines show from ‘84 and now this. The quality is really good on these—and she sounds great. Cool piano licks and all.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even worse than doing a lot of hard drugs, Peter Green’s biggest screw up was not putting Christine Perfect in Fleetwood Mac. Yeah, that worked itself out eventually, but it sucks hearing things like this paired with Stan Webb’s guitar playing. Like, imagine Peter Green’s guitar playing with this…

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2022, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where have these treasures been all these years? Steve is right- why the hell didn't the band put her in up front and early? Christine sounds fantastic in voice and playing- the blues suit her.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As jbrownsjr quite rightly mentioned, these tracks were available - at least in Europe - on a CD called "From The Vaults", which was released in 1997 on the Indigo label (check on the Discogs pages). This was a truly interesting 19-track collection, but sadly no info was given about the sources - the BBC connection, though, was pretty obvious.

BTW - six years earlier Auntie Beeb herself had released another 12-track batch of radio stuff on her Band Of Joy label under the title "Chicken Shack On Air" . . . but info on the recording dates and broadcast sources was equally non-existent.

Last edited by lazy poker; 03-18-2022 at 11:11 AM..
Old 03-19-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
As jbrownsjr quite rightly mentioned, these tracks were available - at least in Europe - on a CD called "From The Vaults", which was released in 1997 on the Indigo label (check on the Discogs pages). This was a truly interesting 19-track collection, but sadly no info was given about the sources - the BBC connection, though, was pretty obvious.

BTW - six years earlier Auntie Beeb herself had released another 12-track batch of radio stuff on her Band Of Joy label under the title "Chicken Shack On Air" . . . but info on the recording dates and broadcast sources was equally non-existent.
The individual Chicken Shack Albums: OK KEN and FORTY BLUE are also must haves.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The individual Chicken Shack Albums: OK KEN and FORTY BLUE are also must haves.
DEFINITELY!

Further recommended is the Blue Horizon 45 "When The Train Comes Back" (alternate non-LP version with brass) / "Hey Baby" (non-LP) or compilations featuring that single plus other non-LP numbers, primarily the 3-CD-"Complete Blue Horizon Sessions".

As an addendum to the aforementioned "On Air" comp for collectors: The same 12 tracks have been released earlier this year as a limited edition on clear vinyl under the title "BBC Sessions - Aeolian Hall - April 14,1969" on the No Kidding label.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
DEFINITELY!

Further recommended is the Blue Horizon 45 "When The Train Comes Back" (alternate non-LP version with brass) / "Hey Baby" (non-LP) or compilations featuring that single plus other non-LP numbers, primarily the 3-CD-"Complete Blue Horizon Sessions".

As an addendum to the aforementioned "On Air" comp for collectors: The same 12 tracks have been released earlier this year as a limited edition on clear vinyl under the title "BBC Sessions - Aeolian Hall - April 14,1969" on the No Kidding label.
The three-cd complete Blue Horizon sessions are essential. I actually prefer hearing those songs on that release because they wisely omit Stan Webb’s banter between the songs on OK KEN. He was trying to be funny —and in small doses it is—but the persistence of it becomes intrusive and annoying.

The three-cd begins with the single “It’s Okay With Me, Baby,” which is so damn good and should have been included on the first album.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The three-cd complete Blue Horizon sessions are essential. I actually prefer hearing those songs on that release because they wisely omit Stan Webb’s banter between the songs on OK KEN. He was trying to be funny —and in small doses it is—but the persistence of it becomes intrusive and annoying.

The three-cd begins with the single “It’s Okay With Me, Baby,” which is so damn good and should have been included on the first album.
She has some really great sophisticated piano solos on a few of these!!
Old 03-25-2022, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Often even more so on the Stan Webb-fronted ones.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Shack wouldn't have been half as good without her - too bad that the egotistic Stan Webb wasn't a real guitarist and singer!