User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As much as I really want to boycott by not attending, I'll probably break down and go. Fleetwood Mac's music is part of the fabric of my life. I have NEVER missed a tour since 1977, including the train wreck of the Behind The Mask/Time Tours. So, I'm sure I'll bite the bullet.

That being said, it's amusing to me that some people are speculating that the band will play tunes like "Freedom" and "Save Me" from that era. Uh, yeah, that's NOT going to happen. What we ARE likely to see is the same greatest hits set list with a few Pre-1975 songs thrown in. Neil will sing Lindsey's parts on "World Turning" and "Don't Stop". If they're really brave, they'll attempt "Go Your Own Way" with Neil and hope that no one throws tomatoes out of ironic anger. Oh, the irony!

The band will plow through "Oh Well" and another blues number like "Black Magic Woman. "Station Man" might make the final cut. I'm sorry, but this band has NO BUSINESS playing Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over". That would be a blasphemous lounge act, at best. Also, expect that bland overplayed disco number "Stand Back" to make a dreaded return to the set list.

What WILL be a true gem for me is to hear Christine play "Spare Me A Little of Your Love" and "Why". If they stand ANY chance at pleasing the true fans, I would suggesting pulling out one of these Pre-75 songs. Sharon Celani and the other "background girl singer of Stevie's choice" would add great harmony vocals to both of these tunes.
They are going to play Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and probably Freedom too, and you can't stop them, lol. If Billy really was the other audition, that all but confirms that some BTM era stuff is coming back.

As for older stuff, haven't they name-dropped Rattlesnake Shake and Station Man already? And Oh Well? They're going out to please themselves on this tour, the "ten hits" are for the fans. 60 songs on the board to choose from, according to Stevie. Their whole catalog is up for grabs right now.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
They are going to play Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and probably Freedom too, and you can't stop them, lol. If Billy really was the other audition, that all but confirms that some BTM era stuff is coming back.

As for older stuff, haven't they name-dropped Rattlesnake Shake and Station Man already? And Oh Well? They're going out to please themselves on this tour, the "ten hits" are for the fans. 60 songs on the board to choose from, according to Stevie. Their whole catalog is up for grabs right now.
I've been wrong before, but I'm willing to bet a lot money that there's no way in hell that a lackluster tune from a sub par album like "Freedom" will make it into the set list. With many amazing songs that have never been played before to choose from, if "Freedom" is in this set list, I will consider it the final nail in the coffin.

Billy was the other audition, but it was not to play tunes from "Behind The Mask" and "Time"--they considered him for the old blues/Pre-75 stuff, which at least has some artistic credibility.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been wrong before, but I'm willing to bet a lot money that there's no way in hell that a lackluster tune from a sub par album like "Freedom" will make it into the set list. With many amazing songs that have never been played before to choose from, if "Freedom" is in this set list, I will consider it the final nail in the coffin.

Billy was the other audition, but it was not to play tunes from "Behind The Mask" and "Time"--they considered him for the old blues/Pre-75 stuff, which at least has some artistic credibility.

I don't think Freedom is a lackluster song, or that BTM is all that subpar. But it was also my intro to FM. IF Billy was the other audition, songs from his FM album are definitely in consideration, and that was part of the point. I agree it was also prolly for some older songs, but also for doing Lindsey's songs.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 04-28-2018 at 12:49 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Freedom" in the set? Dear god, no.

And I'd also bet that they'll end up dropping most of the pre-BN stuff. They'll keep Oh Well and maybe one other song or two.