The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
Well that was alright. I'm suprised they put the last 3 guys through! They were all very charismatic though, I'll give them that. I felt bad for the little Asian girl (who's skirt I loved by the way). She was a bit ditzy, but the other 2 in her group seemed like real bitches. And she seemed like she CAN sing...if she could have remembered the words! Who was Paula fighting for? The blonde guy?
I have that Asian girl's skirt, 2 versions. But I didn't feel sorry for her, unless she has some kind of learning disability or something. I mean, it's pretty basic to learn the lyrics. And especially of such an easy song. I mean, what was she doing? she had plenty of time to learn that. And I didn't think those girls were tooo bitchy, considering part of their performance was riding on what she did. If she was having problems she should've just sat down with the lyrics for an hour. I kept waiting for one of those afterschool special "I....I CAN'T READ!!!" moments.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I think Jenae is super gorgeous and she rocks! I think Natalie didn't make it because of her butt ugly yellow earrings...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! the chubby guy group had some tight harmonies! I'm glad the surly one kicked it out. (scott)
Ok, swinging hair low voice guy is making me sick...ha, they dissed his whole group! Oh, wait, this is the part where they fight. ewww, Simon has his ugly winning smirk on - and it was the blond guy. He got to stay.

Last edited by amber; 02-10-2005 at 12:49 AM..
Old 02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Oh, wait, this is the part where they fight. ewww, Simon has his ugly winning smirk on - and it was the blond guy. He got to stay.
Paula said on Good Day Live this a.m. that she was fighting for the black guy with the cornrows who did the dumbass dance (and whose twin was in another group, and got thru...). Not sure this is what you are saying here, but regardless.

And I have no idea why she was fighting for anyone in that group - they all sucked. I think they only let the blonde guy thru cuz he's semi-pretty.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Paula said on Good Day Live this a.m. that she was fighting for the black guy with the cornrows who did the dumbass dance (and whose twin was in another group, and got thru...). Not sure this is what you are saying here, but regardless.

And I have no idea why she was fighting for anyone in that group - they all sucked. I think they only let the blonde guy thru cuz he's semi-pretty.
Oh, ok, the cornrow guy. Yes, that's exactly what I thought - They did all suck and the blond guy was cute.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have that Asian girl's skirt, 2 versions. But I didn't feel sorry for her, unless she has some kind of learning disability or something. I mean, it's pretty basic to learn the lyrics. And especially of such an easy song. I mean, what was she doing? she had plenty of time to learn that. And I didn't think those girls were tooo bitchy, considering part of their performance was riding on what she did. If she was having problems she should've just sat down with the lyrics for an hour. I kept waiting for one of those afterschool special "I....I CAN'T READ!!!" moments.
I can't help but feel sorry for someone so dumb! She did have a good voice though.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Jenae is super gorgeous and she rocks! I think Natalie didn't make it because of her butt ugly yellow earrings...
Quote:

I thought the same thing - "what's with those friggin earrings?" And she was not that attractive, very plain but a little stuck-up. And she kinda sucked.

The other broad - OMG, the words are NOT that hard. Even if she can't read, just listen to the damn song over & over, you'll get it eventually! At first, I thought the other girls were total bitches, but then she was playing dumb - "What's up? What do you mean? Like, I can sing. I'll work it out. What's the problem?" What's the problem? HELLOOOOO?!?! You don't know the f*cking words you dumbass! And then to cry & say "this was really unfair." Unfair how? Idiot.

Those 3 at the end are so lucky, I would've never let them through. Must have needed to have a certain # of people.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I thought the same thing - "what's with those friggin earrings?" And she was not that attractive, very plain but a little stuck-up. And she kinda sucked.

The other broad - OMG, the words are NOT that hard. Even if she can't read, just listen to the damn song over & over, you'll get it eventually! At first, I thought the other girls were total bitches, but then she was playing dumb - "What's up? What do you mean? Like, I can sing. I'll work it out. What's the problem?" What's the problem? HELLOOOOO?!?! You don't know the f*cking words you dumbass! And then to cry & say "this was really unfair." Unfair how? Idiot.

Those 3 at the end are so lucky, I would've never let them through. Must have needed to have a certain # of people.
I know, they are very lucky. I couldn't believe that Asian girl said "this is so unfair" either. um, a two year old probably could've learned it?

Old 02-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight was a really good episode. All in all the judges picked the best that they could. Of course some got cut that shouldn't have and some fell through the cracks.

I think what they are doing tomorrow is a great idea. I think the talent will be 10 times better because of the reviewing of past performances and possible interviews. I bet the contestants that were put through thought they made it to the semis. WRONG!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was good tonight. It's pretty harsh the way they are doing it though! Telling them they got through, then cutting 20 more people But I think it's a good idea. For the most part, I thought the judges did a good job. There were a couple of people I was really sad to see go, and a couple that I was shocked made it. I just want to get on to the voting! I guess that starts next week...
Old 02-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
There were a couple of people I was really sad to see go, and a couple that I was shocked made it.

That annoying guy with the corn rows that has a twin that Paula tried to fight for......I don't like him at all.....He's annoying as all get out. He better not make top 12....24 for that matter.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I must have missed it last night when they were explaining how they're going to cut the 20 who will leave tonight. Do they at least get to sing again before they're cut so they have another chance to impress the judges? Though I suppose the judges have seen enough to have already pretty much made up their minds.

I agree that last night was a good show, though Paula's fake crying when she was telling the groups they were through made me gag. After the first group it was pretty obvious which of the other groups were going to stay and which were going. There were a few people in the first group who could have gone through, I think. I liked the vocal instructor, but I guess they thought she didn't have the right look or was too mature.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress
I must have missed it last night when they were explaining how they're going to cut the 20 who will leave tonight. Do they at least get to sing again before they're cut so they have another chance to impress the judges? Though I suppose the judges have seen enough to have already pretty much made up their minds.

The judges are going to review the tapes of everyone and it looks like they are having interviews. I dunno about that, though. It said that we will find out the results when they do. So maybe the reveal is live?
Old 02-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
The judges are going to review the tapes of everyone and it looks like they are having interviews. I dunno about that, though. It said that we will find out the results when they do. So maybe the reveal is live?

Don't know if the reveal is live. That would be cool.

Last night was great, I thought 1 was in, but obviously I was wrong. I knew 3 was out right away, though. Lots in that group were out of tune or just not that good. I think in general the judges made the right choices.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
That annoying guy with the corn rows that has a twin that Paula tried to fight for......I don't like him at all.....He's annoying as all get out. He better not make top 12....24 for that matter.
Yea he sucked! I think he was one that they showed last night and after watching him I thought for sure that room wasn't going through to the next round!