User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, scripted. How much of a psycho do you have to be, to repeat word for word the same “banter” that you exchanged on a very popular DVD and concert broadcast? Isn’t that weird?
That is pretty weeyuhd!

To Lindsey's credit, he didn't repeat the MLD intro word for word every time. There were a few shows where he shortened it and left out the preamble about "this whole reconvening of this [sic - you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan!] five people." He also threw Sardonic World in there a few times, a holdover from his solo shows. He tried to make their Hamburger Helper different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or turning the sweet moment of the show into a concert t-shirt.

It’s been a Broadway show since The Dance, SWY being the exception.
Stevie always said that if she had been born 15 years earlier, she would've been a Broadway star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I've always felt like Fleetwood Mac never had a clue about their die-hard following, especially since 1997. They acknowledged that their crowds became highly diversified in age, but I don't think they ever realized how many younger, major fans were up front for multiple shows and multiple tours between 2003-2015. They've always pandered to the casual fanbase that came to see the hits.

I think Lindsey's eyes have been opened upon seeing so many fans following his solo tours and being very enthusiastic about his album catalog, not necessarily "the hits". He's been more accessible in general over the past 10+ years. I think he realizes that although his solo material is not exactly mainstream, he has a very dedicated base.
They threw the diehards a few bones when they put lesser-known songs like Farmer's Daughter, Storms, I Know I'm Not Wrong, and Without You back into their setlists. But that's one or two songs every couple of years. Then again, there are some songs they just can't do anymore because of Stevie's voice, so I'd rather they not subject audiences to her droning on Blue Letter.

Lindsey is prob the hippest member of the band. He doesn't use social media, but he isn't locked in his own little world like Stevie.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The McVie's are spineless. I mean, I know they're all 100 now, but jesus, step up to the plate!

They might not have been huge without $tevie, but THEY ALSO WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN HUGE WITHOUT LINDSEY.
I'm not at all shocked that they didn't say anything. They probably should have, but they've always tended to keep to themselves. It's likely habit at this point.

Thinking about all of this, wondering how long it'll take Mick to write that tell-all... After Lindsey left in 1987, Stevie said that everything with them goes in two-year cycles. All of their problems get ironed out in roughly that amount of time. If the world doesn't fold on itself, we should know soon enough. They will either patch things up and make some money off of yet another public reunion, or Mick will start doing book signings at B&N.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post

Thinking about all of this, wondering how long it'll take Mick to write that tell-all... After Lindsey left in 1987, Stevie said that everything with them goes in two-year cycles. All of their problems get ironed out in roughly that amount of time. If the world doesn't fold on itself, we should know soon enough. They will either patch things up and make some money off of yet another public reunion, or Mick will start doing book signings at B&N.
I've read Mick's first book MANY MANY times.

I bought his second book several years ago... I've never cracked the cover open. Now that we know what a LYING POS he is, I just don't care what drivel he cares to spin. Because 90% of it is lies, I'm sure.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post

Stevie always said that if she had been born 15 years earlier, she would've been a Broadway star.
If $he'd been born 15 years earlier, $he'd have been too old for Lindsey, and $he'd still be a f*cking waitress now.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
If $he'd been born 15 years earlier, $he'd have been too old for Lindsey, and $he'd still be a f*cking waitress now.
Welcome to Planet Hollywood. Table for 2?

Edit: My post is completely ruined because its too tough to post photos here

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-22-2020 at 06:08 AM..
Old 12-22-2020, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Welcome to Planet Hollywood. Table for 2?

Edit: My post is completely ruined because its too tough to post photos here
I know. It's so hard to post pics here. I tried to go to Photobucket a few weeks ago, and it's no longer free hosting. That's how I used to post them here.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've read Mick's first book MANY MANY times.

I bought his second book several years ago... I've never cracked the cover open. Now that we know what a LYING POS he is, I just don't care what drivel he cares to spin. Because 90% of it is lies, I'm sure.
I read part of Mick's first book online years ago. It was a poorly formatted .doc that was difficult to read, and I don't think the pre-existing editorial errors made it any easier to get through. I didn't get much out of it. As with most accounts like this, there are probably kernels of truth in it. I feel the same way about CAH's book.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I read this interview with Neal Schon that came out on RollingStone yesterday and I could think from his comments about Mr. Irving Azoff's practices that Irving could have lied to Lindsey about Stevie saying "he goes, or I'm leaving" MF told a paparazzo that Stevie didn't give the band an ultimatum.

Neal suggests Irving isn't a 'straight-shooter'

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...iverse-1109823

And for anyone who wants to write "Who cares?" to this post... maybe you should start your own message board where you can have rubber stamp friends.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I read this interview with Neal Schon that came out on RollingStone yesterday and I could think from his comments about Mr. Irving Azoff's practices that Irving could have lied to Lindsey about Stevie saying "he goes, or I'm leaving" MF told a paparazzo that Stevie didn't give the band an ultimatum.

And for anyone who wants to write "Who cares?" to this post... maybe you should start your own message board where you can have rubber stamp friends.
Mick is a god damned liar, though. I don't believe a word he says.

And WHY ELSE would they break up the Rumours five? Mick is all about the paycheck, so he wouldn't. The McVies wouldn't do it. It had to be that stupid old goat!

(after reading your Journey link) I'm sure that management is part of the problem. When you're no longer communicating with each other, but sending your messages through "your people", things are bound to get f*cked up.

Rubber stamp people....there's no reason to bring $tevie's friends into this!
Old 01-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And WHY ELSE would they break up the Rumours five?
I think Mick and Stevie both don't want to make new Fleetwood Mac music. They'd rather hear the roar of the crowd when the old classic rock radio songs are played.
They don't want a lukewarm applause for new songs.

You have to wonder why Storms was dropped in the first month of the 2018 tour when it was played for an entire year on Unleashed. I think it bothers Stevie to see people sitting and chatting, or people walking with beer in their hands while she's singing a song in which she's pouring her heart out. What did she replace Storms with.. oh how surprising, Gypsy
Old 01-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Mick and Stevie both don't want to make new Fleetwood Mac music. They'd rather hear the roar of the crowd when the old classic rock radio songs are played.

You have to wonder why Storms was dropped in the first month of the 2018 tour when it was played for an entire year on Unleashed. I think it bothers Stevie to see people sitting and chatting, or people walking with beer in their hands while she's singing a song in which she's pouring her heart out. What did she replace Storms with.. oh how surprising, Gypsy
Then why would Mick have made BuckVie? I think this is all on $tevie.

As far as Storms, that's the way any band should be...if the crowd is bored with it, you shouldn't be doing it(IMO - I play in a band, and when we learn a new song, we'll do it 7-8 times live, and if the crowd isn't responding, we drop the song, 9/10 times).
Old 01-10-2021, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why would Mick have made BuckVie?
I understand. As you know well, BuckVie started as songs for a FM album. We had the summer 2014 pics of LB and CM pics at Village. It got pushed away because Stevie chose to do her album.
I think Mick wanted to be a part of seeing that music which he started to play on in 2014 go public. Of course, I'm really just talking off the top of my head
Old 01-10-2021, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Honestly, I don't think that Steve has sung her heart out in decades. She much more of a parody of what she used to be...going through the motions of what she thinks that her fans want or expect. She doesn't have to do the whole possessed Rhiannon to prove it but she is much too shallow of a person to reach down and actually mean what she sings anymore.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Please, I’m the one who’s been saying the whole smirk thing was BS all along. I still LOL that he and his minions believed that.

Lindsey’s days in Fleetwood Mac were numbered starting on June 20, 2017, when he told an L.A. Times reporter that he/Fleetwood Mac were doing the Classic shows for the money as well as a favor to Irving Azoff.
Quote:
Asked how he felt about playing a show explicitly geared to evoke memories of the old days, Buckingham cringed.

"It doesn't necessarily speak of the aspiration to present anything in the way that Fleetwood Mac would want to present it on its own terms," he said. "But we're all very close to Irving, so it was just sort of a 'Why not?'"
Pretty diplomatic for a rock star.

“I was going to put it less diplomatically, but I stopped myself," he said.

"Do the undiplomatic version," McVie chimed in. "What were you going to say?"

"I was going to say, 'Just close your eyes and take the money,'" Buckingham answered, and the soundstage rippled with laughter again.
The interviewer also reviewed the Classic West show and gave them a terrible review.
Quote:
I can’t say I wasn’t warned.

In a recent interview with Lindsey Buckingham, I asked the Fleetwood Mac frontman about turning his attention from his and Christine McVie’s new duets album to Fleetwood Mac’s participation in Classic West.

First he cringed, as though the mere mention of the two-day festival — which brought Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles, among other veteran rock acts, to Dodger Stadium over the weekend — had embarrassed him. Then he explained that the explicitly nostalgic event wasn’t exactly his dream gig, but that he’d agreed to do it in deference to his manager, Irving Azoff, who put the Classic West together.

Buckingham’s mantra for the show? “Just close your eyes and take the money.”
Having seen Sunday’s miserable excuse for a concert, I wish I’d been closing my eyes.
How do you think that went over with Irving Azoff, who was still promoting the shows and selling tickets? He had millions invested in those shows, and then the talent starts talking it down? Think it’s also purely coincidental that Irving dropped Lindsey as a client after Lindsey got fired from Fleetwood Mac?

By all accounts, the tour negotiations in November, 2017 were brutal. I can easily imagine Irving, not feeling the love for his client, asking Stevie how Mike Campbell was doing since Tom’s untimely passing at some point.

The decision to fire Lindsey was made before MusiCares.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2021, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. I think the seeds were sown then. Lindsey and Chris doing an album and Stevie not wanting to record new music with the Mac. I'd say the different paths are Lindsey doesn't want to be an oldies band and Stevie is fine with that.

I have changed, but you remain ageless