User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2023, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I've never heard Billy's Rock and Roll. I believe his background singer does it when they play You May Be Right.
That would be Miss Crystal Taliefero! A true force of nature. A friend from my hometown, and she got me my first pro keyboard, as she had an endorsement. She started with Mellencamp, then Springsteen, but she's been with Billy now for decades.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That would be Miss Crystal Taliefero! A true force of nature. A friend from my hometown, and she got me my first pro keyboard, as she had an endorsement. She started with Mellencamp, then Springsteen, but she's been with Billy now for decades.
I love her. I think she teaches at IU as well. Billy has another singer that plays in a tribute band.
One moment i love every time Billy sings I Go To Extremes, and he sings clear as a crystal, he shouts Crystal and the screen shows her.

I remember she was in Bruce's "Other Band" Tour. Probably the best member. Bruce did bring Roy along for that tour which to me means that Roy is the E Street Sound
Old 02-20-2023, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love her. I think she teaches at IU as well. Billy has another singer that plays in a tribute band.
One moment i love every time Billy sings I Go To Extremes, and he sings clear as a crystal, he shouts Crystal and the screen shows her.

I remember she was in Bruce's "Other Band" Tour. Probably the best member. Bruce did bring Roy along for that tour which to me means that Roy is the E Street Sound
She's a wonderful, down to Earth person. She's battled cancer for the past couple of years, but I think she's beaten it now.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=UnwindedDreams;1282950]Billy has another singer that plays in a tribute band.

Yep! His name is Michael DelGuidice. His tribute band has been around for a long time. He's been in Billy's band for quite a while now too. That man can sing and play! He does his own shows, the tribute band shows, a "From the Cans" show, and Billy's. I first saw him when I went to a NYE show of Billy Joel's a few years ago. During 2020, I learned he did shows online too - still does occasionally between other gigs.

Honestly, to have both Billy's band and Stevie's in the same night is a good night.

In Billy's shows, he sings "Nessum Dorma" and the "Rock N Roll" interlude in "You May Be Right". Huge fan now of both Billy Joel AND DelGuidice. While I would LOVE to hear Billy's band and Stevie do "Rock N Roll", it's probably one of those wish list items darn it.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Billy has a great band. Crystal Taliefero is my favorite, followed by Mark Rivera.

If Stevie had Crystal as a member in her band, she would take her live show to another level. But percussion got cut from the Stevie budget in 2012.
Old 02-23-2023, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I always wondered what was behind that random decision to no longer have a percussionist on stage. I guess it was eating into the take home tour profits??

It looks like Benmont Tench isn't part of the 2023 band any longer. I didn't see him in any videos of the recent shows she's done.
Old 02-23-2023, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I always wondered what was behind that random decision to no longer have a percussionist on stage. I guess it was eating into the take home tour profits??

It looks like Benmont Tench isn't part of the 2023 band any longer. I didn't see him in any videos of the recent shows she's done.
Probably since everyone plays with tracks now, they just unmute the percussion tracks.
Old 02-23-2023, 06:22 PM
Ledgie

Longtime SN and FM fan here. And also an ardent Springsteen fan, so your comment comparing Stevie's setlist and Springsteen's setlist caught my attention.

- Saw Springsteen in concert second stop of this tour from front and center in the Pit. My 14th Springsteen show since 1984 and it was incredible. For him, a relatively short show at "just" 2:44 minutes. But it was a non-stop, full speed ahead, kick-ass rock show. 73 year old Springsteen and band really brought it. Worth every dollar of the (face-value, but rather pricey $349+ fees) Pit tickets I purchased.

- One of the big complaints some Springsteen fans have had (in addition to the much reported "Dynamic Pricing" brouhaha with Ticketmaster) on their similar indy fan message board: his setlist this tour is barely changing one show to the next. Maybe a song or two here and there. But it has basically been the same setlist.

I'm hoping to get to see Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band one more arena show this tour in a month. If it is the exact same setlist I've already seen, no complaints from me - it was that good!

- In contrast, I don't know if I'm going to see Stevie Nicks this tour. I like her music a lot and enjoy her concerts. But the ticket prices are ridiculous. Even if she is taking requests to supposedly change up the setlist, I don't think her show justifies the prices she is charging. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks that... she's hardly sold any tickets for her show in Atlanta (same venue that I saw Bruce at, that was almost entirely sold). The market is finally pushing back against ridiculously priced concert tickets, and I'm glad to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Agree 100%. On a side note I have been reading great reviews about Springsteen's tour. Imagine if Stevie gave us set lists like his that change every night? Plus he does 27 songs per show. The last 7 songs he sings are his encores!

Last edited by deluge; 02-23-2023 at 06:36 PM..
Old 02-23-2023, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluge View Post
Longtime SN and FM fan here. And also an ardent Springsteen fan, so your comment comparing Stevie's setlist and Springsteen's setlist caught my attention.

- Saw Springsteen in concert second stop of this tour from front and center in the Pit. My 14th Springsteen show since 1984 and it was incredible. For him, a relatively short show at "just" 2:44 minutes. But it was a non-stop, full speed ahead, kick-ass rock show. 73 year old Springsteen and band really brought it. Worth every dollar of the (face-value, but rather pricey $349+ fees) Pit tickets I purchased.

- One of the big complaints some Springsteen fans have had (in addition to the much reported "Dynamic Pricing" brouhaha with Ticketmaster) on their similar indy fan message board: his setlist this tour is barely changing one show to the next. Maybe a song or two here and there. But it has basically been the same setlist.

I'm hoping to get to see Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band one more arena show this tour in a month. If it is the exact same setlist I've already seen, no complaints from me - it was that good!

- In contrast, I don't know if I'm going to see Stevie Nicks this tour. I like her music a lot and enjoy her concerts. But the ticket prices are ridiculous. Even if she is taking requests to supposedly change up the setlist, I don't think her show justifies the prices she is charging. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks that... she's hardly sold any tickets for her show in Atlanta (same venue that I saw Bruce at, that was almost entirely sold). The market is finally pushing back against ridiculously priced concert tickets, and I'm glad to see that.
I know Bruce hasn't changed his set that much night to night, but he's still playing 6-9 songs from albums released 2020-2022 so it is a fresh setlist. It looks like he's doing album tracks like Kitty's Back, Candy's Room, Johnny 99, and E Street Shuffle which aren't necessarily setlist staples. His setlist is almost double Stevie's.
Stevie really just needs to do Edge of 17, Stop Draggin, Rhiannon, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, and Stand Back, and then she should choose 10-12 songs to work around those.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluge View Post
The market is finally pushing back against ridiculously priced concert tickets, and I'm glad to see that.
I was shocked to read at his latest tour stop many of his tickets were reduced to 10.00 just to be able to fill the swaths of empty seats. Some tickets were even lowered to 6.00. So I am also glad to hear people are not spending their life savings to see a concert. I'm sure the same thing will happen to Stevie.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was shocked to read at his latest tour stop many of his tickets were reduced to 10.00 just to be able to fill the swaths of empty seats. Some tickets were even lowered to 6.00. So I am also glad to hear people are not spending their life savings to see a concert. I'm sure the same thing will happen to Stevie.
I'm not sure her ego would allow $6 tix.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Were these official box office tickets lowered or resale?
Old 02-24-2023, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Were these official box office tickets lowered or resale?
I think so but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:26 PM
Ledgie

I can answer this question definitively, since I’ve been following it closely as a fan:

1) The $6 and $10 tickets to Springsteen you read about were for *behind the stage* tickets at one venue: Tulsa. A city where Springsteen does not have a strong following. He’s actually played there very few times previously.

2) These $6 and $10 tickets were *sold by re-sellers* taking a bath on their misguided attempt to scalp tickets in a very weak market. These were NOT first-sale tickets sold by the venue/TM. (Notably, tickets that were not behind the stage were not discounted like that by resellers even in Tulsa.)

3) Tickets for Springsteen everywhere else are commanding high prices. Both first-sale by the venue/TM and by resellers. This was really a unique situation in one city only, with behind the stage tickets, sold by resellers who took a bath trying to scalp tickets in a weak market.

Regarding Stevie Nicks tickets for this tour: I’ve never seen a show sell as poorly as her upcoming show in Atlanta. I’ve been going to concerts for 40+ years and my read is she overplayed her hand in her pricing.

Quote:

Last edited by deluge; 02-24-2023 at 09:33 PM..
Old 03-10-2023, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has returned Fall From Grace to her setlist after 12 years. Sara has returned after 16 years.

Edit: The Christine tribute was photos of her and Stevie on the screen during Landslide.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 03-11-2023 at 12:05 AM..