Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2023, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default In the Meantime....

.....this popped up in my youtube feed, and I wanted to post it here, and now, even though it's probably in some other thread(s) in the past, because I don't like the sadness. She looks amazing here and she was still happy in England, and she had made some new music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu39ZX5hHmA

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-24-2023 at 08:11 PM..
Old 01-24-2023, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
.....this popped up in my youtube feed, and I wanted to post it here, and now, even though it's probably in some other thread(s) in the past, because I don't like the sadness. She looks amazing here and she was happy still in England, and she had made some music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu39ZX5hHmA
I loved this so much.

God I'll miss her forever.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nk5Gx0h8GA
Old 01-24-2023, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She was happy here and standing by all her decisions to leave the Mac. Her house was finished and she enjoyed making an album with her nephew. She had something to occupy her time. In a few years she would go into a darker place. Its a blessing how she did a complete about face, sold this incredible house in isolation and came back to the Mac and their long tours.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I had seen this before but forgotten about it. What an endearing album In the Meantime remains The clip contains one of her most endearing quotes about her writing, next the viable product- padding I think we can all agree that not one of her songs would be considered padding, they were all wonderful and she never wrote a dud.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:09 AM

Her docs are always so warm, charming, about the music, and she's so humble.

Thanks for reminding me that this was out there. I watched it 100 times when it came out.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She was happy here and standing by all her decisions to leave the Mac. Her house was finished and she enjoyed making an album with her nephew. She had something to occupy her time. In a few years she would go into a darker place. Its a blessing how she did a complete about face, sold this incredible house in isolation and came back to the Mac and their long tours.
I agree. She really 'changed to the ending' of her life. So glad she got herself back out there.

-Lis
Old 01-24-2023, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember feeling so lucky to have ITM. I still feel lucky about it. My only wish is that we had gotten one more.

The reviews of the album were lukewarm to cold. This still surprises me since her singing and songwriting were very strong. Some, in fact, were pop perfection.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I remember feeling so lucky to have ITM. I still feel lucky about it. My only wish is that we had gotten one more.

The reviews of the album were lukewarm to cold. This still surprises me since her singing and songwriting were very strong. Some, in fact, were pop perfection.
I love this album more than SYW. It's a lovely arc of an album.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. I even like ITM more than her 1984 album.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree. I even like ITM more than her 1984 album.
I agree. For years, I liked it 100% better. Lately, I've appreciated the 1984 album a bit more, and think 1/2 of it is very, very good. But ITM moves me in a different way.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love watching puppies being murdered more than SYW.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That’s weirdly not the vibe I was getting. The way she was talking about Mick and John, her eyes definitely look like she was missing them. She was glowing when talking about them, but looked down when it hit her she’s not with them. There was definitely something not quite right going on.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-24-2023, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s weirdly not the vibe I was getting. The way she was talking about Mick and John, her eyes definitely look like she was missing them. She was glowing when talking about them, but looked down when it hit her she’s not with them. There was definitely something not quite right going on.
There is no question she would have worked with them on SYW had they allowed her to do so. Stevie even addresses it in the SYW doc and in an ensuing interview in Interview Mag.

Mick also hinted that such a possibility was off the table. I think that was Lindsey's doing. In order to be viable moving forward, they needed to re-establish themselves as a live act without her. Still, can you imagine how good SYW would have been had she been a part of it?

As it is, I am glad she went out on her own and did ITM. We got 12 new songs. 13 actually. 14 if you count the acoustic version of Friend.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always felt Christine should have recorded with them for SYW. It could have been a true double album and then just tour with out her. The best of both album would have been stellar. We also would have had Lindsey’s magic on Christine new ITM songs.