The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking at some videos from her last tour with Lindsey trying to find a nice one to post as a homage. We were all so very lucky to enjoy her talent.
Her legacy as one of the greatest female songwriter will remain forever.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In tears, absolutely devastated. I'm just so glad I got to see her perform with Fleetwood Mac and then with Lindsey a few times. I will treasure those memories.

Goodbye, Christine.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is indeed a miracle that she returned to the band. For all of those years it seemed like a certainty she never would. Then, the impossible happened. She left her dogs for us, We got stolen time.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the saddest day. God bless you always, Christine. I will never forget the show in Philadelphia, when Christine had returned to the band, and the deafening roar when she began, "Sweet, wonderful you..." Pure magic. My heart is broken.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I found cryptic this Tweet from Lindsey yesterday, though I thought he was referring to himself rather than to Christine: https://twitter.com/LBuckingham/stat...11326406905857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw that too. It makes sense now.

Devastated

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I thought he was talking about his life nearing its end.
Same here.

In light of this other pieces also fall into place..... the whole auction thing now feels like proactively clearing out her estate. Looking at the auction website it struck me that clearly someone was cleaning out one or several storage units worth of stuff (honestly some of that stuff looked like it had been packed away for quite a long while....). Perhaps it'll be that she had an illness and was setting out how she wanted her estate disposed of while she still could... selling her catalog, clearing out storage unit(s), and all that.

It also makes me think back to one of the last interviews that I heard her on, which was on the radio in the UK (someone on here will remember more precisely) where she sounded like she had a bad cold and also talked about her bad back.... And how in that interview or perhaps it was one before that where she said she didn't think the band would tour again (only to get smacked down and have to walk it back)

I hope it was not a long protracted thing (having seen that up close and personal). I agree with others who have said how great that she did come back and she did get that last hurrah with the band and then with Lindsey. I'm so glad I saw them on tour together. Shame on you Stevie.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder now if maybe that's why Lindsey had cancelled his tour. I'm just guessing of course but it's possible

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-30-2022, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder now if maybe that's why Lindsey had cancelled his tour. I'm just guessing of course but it's possible
No. He wouldn't have been canceling dates, one by one.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A nice photo tribute to Christine: Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie – a life in pictures https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-fleetwood-mac

I put links to various other obituaries and tributes in a thread in the Rumours forum.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Christine. I will never forget the show in Philadelphia, when Christine had returned to the band, and the deafening roar when she began, "Sweet, wonderful you..." Pure magic. My heart is broken.
I remember watching as many clips as I could find from that tour just to hear that awesome roar of the crowd and I loved hearing Stevie tell a reporter how the audience was spoon feeding Christine.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Christines’s passing and Stevie’s response

I’m very sad by Christine’s death. She was such a talent. As far as Stevie’s response, like always she went overboard. According to Christine, they didn’t talk a lot when not working, yet Stevie said she was her best friend in the whole world…While chatting with Rolling Stone, McVie spoke about the Mac's most recent members — Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House leader Neil Finn: “Those guys were great. We have a great time with them, but we’ve kind of broke up now, so I hardly ever see them. I don’t communicate with Stevie (Nicks) very much either. When we were on the last tour, we did a lot. We always sat next to each other on the plane and we got on really well. But since the band broke up, I’ve not been speaking to her at all.”
Old 12-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylounge View Post
I don’t communicate with Stevie (Nicks) very much either. When we were on the last tour, we did a lot. We always sat next to each other on the plane and we got on really well. But since the band broke up, I’ve not been speaking to her at all.”
Well that's not what Stevie says at all!
Old 12-01-2022, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi. This is Lis...Marty and I used to run this site. Of course after the devastating news yesterday, i had the desire to just return here for a bit. I don't even know what to say about a woman who impacted my life in so many ways. Marty and I both send our love and condolences to Christine's family. Today my heart really hurts for Mick and John. I just can't imagine.

Always very proud to return to this site. We loved this band so much. Still do. Xoxo
Old 12-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Hi. This is Lis...Marty and I used to run this site. Of course after the devastating news yesterday, i had the desire to just return here for a bit. I don't even know what to say about a woman who impacted my life in so many ways. Marty and I both send our love and condolences to Christine's family. Today my heart really hurts for Mick and John. I just can't imagine.

Always very proud to return to this site. We loved this band so much. Still do. Xoxo
Hi Lis. Of course we remember the amazing biography you wrote for Christine. It was one of a kind and used as a resource by both fans and the industry.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hi Lis. Of course we remember the amazing biography you wrote for Christine. It was one of a kind and used as a resource by both fans and the industry.
Thank you. ♥ still very proud of my John/Chris epic. never got part 3 up although it was almost all completed. This is 1st time logging in here in ages. Marty gave me the info on how to do it. Very nostalgic.

Unbelievable how sad I feel. Haven't stopped crying since yesterday.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I remember watching as many clips as I could find from that tour just to hear that awesome roar of the crowd and I loved hearing Stevie tell a reporter how the audience was spoon feeding Christine.
Me, too! LOVED it so much and loved seeing that lovely, appreciative look she had on her face when she heard the crowd. Those were such beautiful moments.