The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-15-2020, 07:05 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,558
Default The Tango Tour

As disappointed as I was at the time that Lindsey left after the release of Tango in the Night and didnt tour...the tour rocked and was amazing as I remember . It was the beginning of using the additional musicians that took some getting use to but what a great live performance. I listened to the live from Salt Lake City show from 11/87 today. Billy and Rick had a lot of energy and Christine and Stevie sounded amazing. That tour really kept that album selling and Lindsey sure did benefit.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 04-16-2020, 05:30 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As disappointed as I was at the time that Lindsey left after the release of Tango in the Night and didn’t tour...the tour rocked and was amazing as I remember . It was the beginning of using the additional musicians that took some getting use to but what a great live performance. I listened to the live from Salt Lake City show from 11/87 today. Billy and Rick had a lot of energy and Christine and Stevie sounded amazing. That tour really kept that album selling and Lindsey sure did benefit.
I think the hit singles is what kept the album selling. I am surprised it did not sell more in the US based on its top 40 single success. While I enjoyed the Tango tour, the BTM or Farewell tour was better IMHO. Rick and Billy seemed more confident and adding a few more licks to the songs to make it theirs. We got a very basic Rhiannon in 1987 and a few others. But the tour pulled out some major surprises: Don't Let Me Down Again, Stand Back and HAWAFY. It was probably the last tour before Stevie's lights were turned off for 6 years. She was on klonopin but it was not affecting her performance (yet). Its too bad Stevie got sick and the Australian leg of the tour was cancelled. The band made it up to Australia by opening their 1990 tour in Australia. In the 1980s it was a common event in arenas for people to throw frisbees around the arena or beach balls during the concert. I got to see Stevie pick up a frisbee on stage and throw it back to the audience. It was a very very lame throw but it made it into the crowd.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2020 at 05:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She was on klonopin but it was not affecting her performance (yet)..
I didn't go to any Tango or BTM concert. Just have seen the Tango video. But I've read (and talked with friends) that her perfomance was evidently affected during those tours. Specially Tango.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:53 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I didn't go to any Tango or BTM concert. Just have seen the Tango video. But I've read (and talked with friends) that her perfomance was evidently affected during those tours. Specially Tango.
Christine McVie really stepped her game up on the BTM and Tango (somewhat) tours.

By the time we got to the Dance, she was fading, (still sounded wonderful) but, Lindsey was running the show. For all intents and purposes during BTM, Christine really shined the most.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2020, 02:36 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine McVie really stepped her game up on the BTM and Tango (somewhat) tours.

By the time we got to the Dance, she was fading, (still sounded wonderful) but, Lindsey was running the show. For all intents and purposes during BTM, Christine really shined the most.
With Lindsey gone, and $tevie doped up, she had no other choice but to step it up.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2020, 10:59 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
With Lindsey gone, and $tevie doped up, she had no other choice but to step it up.
Always putting the band first no matter what the rest of the ding dongs had done. Can't imagine why she got tired of dealing with that year after year.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I didn't go to any Tango or BTM concert. Just have seen the Tango video. But I've read (and talked with friends) that her perfomance was evidently affected during those tours. Specially Tango.
I saw the Tango tour early in October 1987. No sign of anything wrong. Stevie was alert and having fun on stage. Many times during the show she would go out of her way to get the crowd whipped up. Remember that she started with a small dose. It was not until I saw her 2 years later in 1989 that it was evident there was a problem.
Even the extensive interviews she did with MTV in 1987 were classic Stevie with no visible impairment at all. 2 years later she had the klonopin stare and seemed distant and uninterested. Like any drug she kept upping her dose over the years.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2020, 03:53 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw the Tango tour early in October 1987. No sign of anything wrong. Stevie was alert and having fun on stage. Many times during the show she would go out of her way to get the crowd whipped up. Remember that she started with a small dose. It was not until I saw her 2 years later in 1989 that it was evident there was a problem.
Even the extensive interviews she did with MTV in 1987 were classic Stevie with no visible impairment at all. 2 years later she had the klonopin stare and seemed distant and uninterested. Like any drug she kept upping her dose over the years.
reminded me of the MTV interviews she did for WH in which she was clearly coked out...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2020, 04:53 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
reminded me of the MTV interviews she did for WH in which she was clearly coked out...
Really?
I could not disagree more. In 1983 her voice was coked out and she would sway back and forth. She seemed grounded IMHO
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2020, 08:18 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw the Tango tour early in October 1987. No sign of anything wrong. Stevie was alert and having fun on stage. Many times during the show she would go out of her way to get the crowd whipped up. Remember that she started with a small dose. It was not until I saw her 2 years later in 1989 that it was evident there was a problem.
Even the extensive interviews she did with MTV in 1987 were classic Stevie with no visible impairment at all. 2 years later she had the klonopin stare and seemed distant and uninterested. Like any drug she kept upping her dose over the years.

Yes...thats how I remembered it. On the 1987 tour she was fine.....saw a slow decline on the OSOTM tour and BTM tour. When I met her after a Street Angel show she was out of it....but she sure sounded good that night.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-22-2020, 04:46 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes...that’s how I remembered it. On the 1987 tour she was fine.....saw a slow decline on the OSOTM tour and BTM tour. When I met her after a Street Angel show she was out of it....but she sure sounded good that night.
She was off klonopin when Street Angel was released. She had a huge accident and finally got help towards the end of recording Street Angel. When she got out of a long rehab she finished the album.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

RARE ORIGINAL THE BEATLES PHOTO GEORGE HARRISON FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS 1977
$599.99
RARE ORIGINAL THE BEATLES PHOTO GEORGE HARRISON FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS 1977 pictureRARE PHOTO OFFICIELLE FAN CLUB COULEURS SIGNÉE PAR " STEVIE NICKS "
$306.13
RARE PHOTO OFFICIELLE FAN CLUB COULEURS SIGNÉE PAR rock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc )
$249.0
rock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc ) pictureSTEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 11” x 16” Concert Photo
$200.0
STEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 11” x 16” Concert Photo pictureVintage Fleetwood Mac Stevie Nicks 79-80 tour shirt
$175.0
Vintage Fleetwood Mac Stevie Nicks 79-80 tour shirt picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved