Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
How do you not know she's too busy to make the call! He should be grateful he got a letter from her!
haha! The letter where she told him what to do.

I'm not the boss.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It makes me sad, to be honest. She may have very well caused his condition. It's so very inhumane to do that to someone. Not just the firing, but the cutting him out. She couldn't even tell him to his face that she didn't want to tour with him anymore. She had mgmt do her dirty work and then went on National TV and lied through her teeth. Christine's face in that interview says it all. Stevie had to grab their hands to lie. Their body language was very telling.

Mick's even afraid to mention him in interviews. He's so careful about what he says. And has even admitted he's been scolded. It's like she owns all of them.

Now I understand why they were afraid to call BuckVie a Fleetwood Mac album.
What a f*cking PATHETIC ending to our band.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What a f*cking PATHETIC ending to our band.
But, they love each other!
Old 06-08-2021, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

From NME:
“Being an ex-girlfriend, I wrote more than that. I said: ‘You’d better stay well and you’d take care of yourself’.
Whoa! Being an ex-girlfriend, she really got deep down and personal. Gives me goose bumps, even now.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Whoa! Being an ex-girlfriend, she really got deep down and personal. Gives me goose bumps, even now.
Silver lining, she got to boss him around once last time!
Old 06-08-2021, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Silver lining, she got to boss him around once last time!
Yes. Just imagine the fun she would have had when he could not talk. She should have taken the opportunity to tell him off good, while he was unable to reply, even if she had to take a break from the FM tour to do it.

Last edited by michelej1; 06-09-2021 at 12:44 AM..
Old 06-08-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yes. Just imagine the fun she would have had when he could not talk. She should have taken the opportunity to tell him off good, while he was unable to relply, even if she had to take a break from the FM tour to do it.
I'll follow you down to til the sound of my voice will haunt you!!!
Old 06-09-2021, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll follow you down to til the sound of my voice will haunt you!!!
I was just thinking that although kicking him out of the band hurt him deeply, there’s probably nothing she could SAY to him that he would even care about. He’s already heard it all. “You’re bad in bed. I wish you dead.” He’d just shrug.

Well, she could tell him Tusk stinks again. That never ceases to get under his skin.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From NME:
“Being an ex-girlfriend, I wrote more than that. I said: ‘You’d better stay well and you’d take care of yourself’.

Wasn't that so warm and comforting?

“But we haven’t had any communication [since the letter]”, she added. “It’s OK. If it’s ever meant to happen, it will. If we’re meant to communicate ever again, we will. It’s not happening right now.”

Checking-in during his recovery and rehabilitation wasn't meant to be. When he's ready to apologize for her mandatory cardigan uniform on the 2003 tour, then they can start communicating.
Stay well! Take care of yourself!!

Stevie the ever incredible poet, devoting as much sentiment to someone she’s known for 50+ years as you do to that person in high school who asks you to sign their yearbook but you’ve never said more than two words to ever. Her letter to him had as much depth as “have a great summer! Good luck next year!”
Old 06-11-2021, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I get it. We’ve been had.

I speculated early on after Lindsey “firing” if the whole drama wasn’t just some plan to give Lindsey some time off from “The Big Machine” to work on a solo album and save a crumbling marriage. Then—a global pandemic, a heart attack, and a pesky divorce unexpectedly delayed the game plan.

The plan would also keep the band working and employ Stevie’s friend Mike after the untimely passing of his band leader.

The ultimate finale would be a kiss and make up FAREWELL tour designed to send the Rumours 5 out in grand style. Unfortunately, age has started to kick in and the farewell needs to happen sooner than expected.

We are “punters” and this band has been toying with us for 46 years.

Last edited by WatchChain; 06-11-2021 at 10:32 AM..
Old 06-11-2021, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I get it. We’ve been had.

I speculated early on after Lindsey “firing” if the whole drama wasn’t just some plan to give Lindsey some time off from “The Big Machine” to work on a solo album and save a crumbling marriage. Then—a global pandemic, a heart attack, and a pesky divorce unexpectedly delayed the game plan.

The plan would also keep the band working and employ Stevie’s friend Mike after the untimely passing of his band leader.

The ultimate finale would be a kiss and make up FAREWELL tour designed to send the Rumours 5 out in grand style. Unfortunately, age has started to kick in and the farewell needs to happen sooner than expected.

We are “punters” and this band has been toying with us for 46 years.
Ssshhh... That would make Lindsey look, well, you know...
Old 06-11-2021, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Ssshhh... That would make Lindsey look, well, you know...
Partly guilty of subterfuge.

After all, they don’t call it the big machine for nothing!

I got played in 1997 when, after a decade of musical meandering and innocuousness, the five got back together with a seemingly new maturity in which each member’s strengths were lovingly highlighted and all the band’s quirks were celebrated again by critics and the public, as in days of old. I was gullible enough to think that the reunion ethos would settle over all the band’s activities from that point on. But then Christine went and left, and Stevie trotted back off to the solo career (the career that was initially started to accommodate a band that wouldn’t record enough for her taste), and the others kind of stood around wondering, “What happened to our new dawn?” That flush of excitement and good will didn’t even last a year.

I’m not certain that this band and its surrounding machinery engineer all this drama so far out into the future. I think what happens is that someone gets annoyed and turns dramatic and creates a sort of activity vacuum, and the rest of the team spills in because of gravity, and all sorts of hokum is disseminated to the press. Despite their reputation, I don’t think Fleetwood Mac are very resilient — I think they have always responded like a simple life form in a petri dish when you poke it with a small instrument.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-15-2021, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She reminds us all she's his ex-girlfriend when it suits her.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
She reminds us all she's his ex-girlfriend when it suits her.
Nearly everything she does or reminds of us, suits her.