Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Everywhere by Anne Marie and Niall Horan

In the UK we have a charity day called “CHILDREN in need”…it’s an all day event on TV and radio etc
A single is released every year to help raise money…
This year it’s ….Everywhere….
Performed by Ann Marie and Niall Horan ..
Backing singer Sam Smith and guitarist Ed Sheeran…

It’s just been on Radio2 for the first time and it’s not bad, (and it is to raise money for loads of charities).

Later will be a full evening of comedy and music, all to raise donations ….and they will perform “Everwhere” live.
(Last year 57 million was raised)
Old 11-19-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
In the UK we have a charity day called “CHILDREN in need”…it’s an all day event on TV and radio etc

It’s just been on Radio2 for the first time and it’s not bad, (and it is to raise money for loads of charities).

Later will be a full evening of comedy and music, all to raise donations ….and they will perform “Everwhere” live.
That's really really cool. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You re very welcome…
I missed it as my Granddaughter was round and we mixed Christmas puddings.

It’s on YouTube tho.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post

love that.

https://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/...-41062598.html

TEAM EFFORT Niall Horan teams up with Anne-Marie to release single in aid of Children in Need
"Togetherness sits at the heart of BBC Children In Need, and that’s what this track is all about.”

Niall Horan and Anne-Marie (BBC Children in Need/PA)
Clodagh Meaney

November 17 2021 05:21 PM

Niall Horan has teamed up with Anne-Marie to release a single in aid of BBCs Children in Need.

The pair have joined forces to cover Fleetwood Mac’s hit song ‘Everywhere.’

It is their second single together, as the pair previously released ‘Our Song’ in 2021 for Anne-Marie’s second album ‘Therapy’.

In the music video for ‘Everywhere’ the singers are joined by fellow pop superstars Ed Sheeran on guitar, Griff on synths and Yungblud on bass.

Fleetwood Mac star Christine McVie, who wrote ‘Everywhere’, shared her praise for their cover: “I’m thrilled with this new version of Everywhere and to be part of this year’s Children In Need campaign. I hope we can really make a difference.”

Niall said that the song is about togetherness.

“I have supported BBC Children In Need many times over the years, but given what we have all been through over the last year and a half, it feels more important than ever. Togetherness sits at the heart of BBC Children In Need, and that’s what this track is all about.”

“I hope people enjoy it, but above all, I hope it lets anyone who might be struggling right now know that we are here for them,” he added.

Everywhere (BBC Children in Need)

Speaking about their duet, Anne-Marie said: “As we have seen over the past eighteen months, amazing things happen when we come together to help make a difference, and that’s why I am so proud to be releasing this special track with Niall.”

“I hope everyone loves it as much as we do.”

Last year’s BBC Children in Need single went straight to number one on the UK singles chart. The charity song saw Foo Fighters perform their hit ‘Times Like These’ along with a host of pop stars.

SUNDAY WORLD NEWSLETTER

Dua Lipa, Chris Martin, Jess Glynne, Mabel, Sigrid, and Paloma Faith were all part of the song, as was Anne-Marie.

Children in Need is an annual telethon from the BBC in order to raise money to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the UK. Celebs take part each year for a night of fundraising that entertains viewers with comedy sketches, musical performances and challenges. People who have previously been supported by the charity also tell their story.

The telethon has released charity singles in partnership with the BCC since 1985. Boyzone, McFly, S Club 7, JLS and the Spice Girls are among the artists who released covers in aid of Children in Need.

Sir Terry Wogan (Yui Mok/PA)
The show began in 1980 and was presented by Terry Wogan for 34 years until 2014. Since then it has been presented by Dermot O’Leary, Tess Daly and Mel Giedroyc.

This year Mel will be joined by Ade Adepitan, Graham Norton, Chris Ramsey and Alex Scott.

‘Everywhere’ will be released on Friday November 19th - the same day this year’s Children in Need telethon will broadcast.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2021, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.stereogum.com/2168196/an...-in-need/news/

Anne-Marie, Niall Horan, Ed Sheeran, & More Cover Fleetwood Mac’s “Everywhere” For BBC Children In Need

NEWS NOVEMBER 19, 2021 4:22 PM BY PETER HELMAN
Anne-Marie and Niall Horan have teamed up to cover Fleetwood Mac’s “Everywhere” for the BBC Children In Need charity. Their version features an all-star backing band including Ed Sheeran, Griff, Lewis Capaldi, Sam Smith, and Yungblud. As the official single of this year’s fundraising campaign, the song will help raise money to support disadvantaged young people across the UK. Watch their performance below.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-20-2021, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Elle
Thanks for posting those write ups …
comment in there from Christine too.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to like this version. I respect their decision to do it and the reason behind its release. But their approach to the song offers nothing new. And since neither of these singers has Christine's unusual tone, the cuteness of the melody comes off as cloying.

Christine's ear worms work so well when she sings them. They come off as bland when singers of less character try to cover them.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I want to like this version. I respect their decision to do it and the reason behind its release. But their approach to the song offers nothing new. And since neither of these singers has Christine's unusual tone, the cuteness of the melody comes off as cloying.

Christine's ear worms work so well when she sings them. They come off as bland when singers of less character try to cover them.
I can't stand Songbird because of the above. (by any other singer)
Old 12-03-2021, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Perhaps part of the monies raised through this endeavor could be diverted to someone who is genuinely in need: Christine "I just bought a house" McVie.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Perhaps part of the monies raised through this endeavor could be diverted to someone who is genuinely in need: Christine "I just bought a house" McVie.
Perhaps she could have stepped up to the plate, and acted like a human being, when they fired her collaborator of 43 years, and stopped his firing. BECAUSE SHE COULD HAVE STOPPED IT.

Nope. She couldn't be bothered...

These aren't good people we've followed during our lives...
Old 12-03-2021, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Perhaps she could have stepped up to the plate, and acted like a human being, when they fired her collaborator of 43 years, and stopped his firing. BECAUSE SHE COULD HAVE STOPPED IT.

Nope. She couldn't be bothered...

These aren't good people we've followed during our lives...
They are flawed (as are all people), each demonstrating varying degrees of narcissism and self-absorption. It’s often said fame does this to people, but I wonder to what extent they would have been disappointing as ordinary people.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
They are flawed (as are all people), each demonstrating varying degrees of narcissism and self-absorption. It’s often said fame does this to people, but I wonder to what extent they would have been disappointing as ordinary people.
I like Macfan's sig -
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which I’m not part of. We don’t socialize much."

That shows how stardom changed Stevie.

I'd guess that once you've got enough money to last the rest of your life, you don't bother yourself with giving AF?