Default Rare Christine McVie item up for bid

Rare indeed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31265745305...RoCeWEQAvD_BwE
Old 07-21-2021, 11:44 AM

How much alcohol was consumed back there? lol
Old 07-21-2021, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd give em $20, but not $50!

We used to have a Ledgie here that bought a dress on eBay, that Christine had worn onstage.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

One of my biggest regrets in life (serious no joke) was back in about the year 2000. Ebay was just getting huge and my first purchase from Ebay in 2000 was the video album/country club concert VHS tape. I saw another item. It was a cocktail napkin signed by Christine McVie. You could tell it was authentically her signature. In 2000 Christine and the Mac were wash ups and not really searching for memorabilia so most people just glossed it over. The seller put up his story that made sense. It was 1990 and the Mac was on tour and he was in a restaurant and there was a fuss that members of the band were there. I dont even think the guy knew exactly who Christine was but he went up to her and asked for her autograph and she signed a big signature on a cocktail napkin.
I loved the story and I loved this cocktail napkin. The signature took up almost the entire napkin. Here is the clincher..........wait for it.
He was asking $20. He held on to it for 10 years. I remember considering buying it but did not buy it. OMG, can you imagine how cool it would be to go around with a Christine McVie cocktail napkin in your wallet.
Opportunities come along like this once in life and I lost out
Today I am sure it would fetch more money. 2000 was the dark days of Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-21-2021 at 04:53 PM..
Old 07-21-2021, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One of my biggest regrets in life (serious no joke) was back in about the year 2000. Ebay was just getting huge and my first purchase from Ebay in 2000 was the video album/country club concert VHS tape. I saw another item. It was a cocktail napkin signed by Christine McVie. You could tell it was authentically her signature. In 2000 Christine and the Mac were wash ups and not really searching for memorabilia so most people just glossed it over. The seller put up his story that made sense. It was 1990 and the Mac was on tour and he was in a restaurant and there was a fuss that members of the band were there. I dont even think the guy knew exactly who Christine was but he went up to her and asked for her autograph and she signed a big signature on a cocktail napkin.
I loved the story and I loved this cocktail napkin. The signature took up almost the entire napkin. Here is the clincher..........wait for it.
He was asking $20. He held on to it for 10 years. I remember considering buying it but did not buy it. OMG, can you imagine how cool it would be to go around with a Christine McVie cocktail napkin in your wallet.
Opportunities come along like this once in life and I lost out
Today I am sure it would fetch more money. 2000 was the dark days of Fleetwood Mac.
Dang girl, you old!

I don't have much signed memorabilia, other than a guitar I've had signed by a few heroes, when I was doing sound for them, and a few signed posters(mostly country acts, so I won't bore you...).

I too am cheap, but I would have paid $20 for that napkin. Just like the backstage pass, $20 is nothing, $50 triggers my wallet padlock to snap shut!

When BuckVie was in Nashville, a friend told me where Lindsey and Christine were eating dinner, but I didn't go. That's not my style. I've worked with enough smaller stars that I try to never bother people like that, as much as it's tempting. Can you imagine chatting over dinner with the two of them?

I mean, before she let him get thrown under the bus...
Old 07-22-2021, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Dang girl, you old!

I don't have much signed memorabilia, other than a guitar I've had signed by a few heroes, when I was doing sound for them, and a few signed posters(mostly country acts, so I won't bore you...).

I too am cheap, but I would have paid $20 for that napkin. Just like the backstage pass, $20 is nothing, $50 triggers my wallet padlock to snap shut!

When BuckVie was in Nashville, a friend told me where Lindsey and Christine were eating dinner, but I didn't go. That's not my style. I've worked with enough smaller stars that I try to never bother people like that, as much as it's tempting. Can you imagine chatting over dinner with the two of them?

I mean, before she let him get thrown under the bus...
You are older than me buying 8 track tapes. What's so old buying something from Ebay in the year 2000.
Signed memorabilia is not my thing either unless its personal to me. Although I do cherish my signed Lindsey poster from his last tour. That's pretty cool.
Part of me just liked the story that went with the napkin. She was cool enough while eating and drinking to find something to sign. We all know how much Christine likes to drink so having a cocktail napkin would be the ultimate signed keepsake.
I too would never bother anyone eating especially for an autograph. During the Dance tour, I had a friend who worked at the Breakers hotel where they were staying and he would tell me what they ate, etc. They all checked in to the hotel with the cheeziest names. I think Mick was "Corona Light."

****sigh**** I wonder what happened to that napkin. Someone bought it or the seller maybe never sold it and threw it away. I want everyone to know if you have it, I will buy it.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-22-2021 at 04:15 AM..
Old 07-22-2021, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no idea why anyone would want an item that was signed to someone else. If Christine had signed that napkin directly to me, then it would be priceless, because it would be a memento of an experience. Just having her signature when it wasn't signed to me .... why is that even interesting?

I guess I just don't have the "collector" mindset.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I have no idea why anyone would want an item that was signed to someone else. If Christine had signed that napkin directly to me, then it would be priceless, because it would be a memento of an experience. Just having her signature when it wasn't signed to me .... why is that even interesting?

I've been selling off some of my guitar collection recently. I know most of you don't know who Buck Owens is, but in 1996 Fender released a signature red, white and blue sparkle Telecaster. I bought one, and my friend actually knew Buck's secretary. Long story short, I mailed the metal pick guard to him, to have him sign it. Instead, he had it engraved to me, from him. I mean that's priceless to me, BUT it really affects the value, because it has my name on it. I've talked to collector shops about it, and they say having MY name on it actually probably hurts finding a buyer for it. I do have a fairly common name, so if we could find another guitar player with my name, I'd be in business. Billy Joel had a long time guitar player with my name.....

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-22-2021 at 10:27 AM..
Old 07-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It was not signed to someone else that included their name. It was simply Christine's signature on the napkin. I would not be interested in someone else's personal note.
IMHO, its cooler than having a Rumours album cover with her signature. The albums are just stacked high to sign or thrown in front of them. A napkin is priceless in my book because its inventive and showed she took time for someone while having dinner and drinks. Someone came across her spontaneously, came with nothing and she was cool about it.

I will never forget that youtube video of when it was leaked Christine would be re-joining the band. It was before her first stage appearance in Ireland and she was at a hotel. Someone threw the album Rock A Little in front of her face. She still signed it though. That pissed me off and was disrespectful to Christine. She never worked on that album and why would you want Christine's signature on it. If you really want to impress her, bring her solo album!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-22-2021 at 10:26 AM..
Old 07-22-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Agree with this. I'm not a collector of these kind of items. If FMAC signed an album for someone else, I wouldn't care. It wasn't my moment. It's the moment that counts for me.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the pic of her on the pass. Always have liked that shot, which is so much better than the big hair, makeup, and shoulder pads of the “Love Will Show Us How” video.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a great video about the history of the Country Club. Just about every artist played here and Prince threw parties here (I wonder if Stevie was there). I would have sawed off my left arm to have been at Christine's show.

It really begins about 7:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBZWHXKyG4
Old 07-23-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Here is a great video about the history of the Country Club. Just about every artist played here and Prince threw parties here (I wonder if Stevie was there). I would have sawed off my left arm to have been at Christine's show.

It really begins about 7:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBZWHXKyG4
Probably a leg, too.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Probably a leg, too.
In the long history of the Ledge, has anyone ever posted they were at this show? Or the Bob Welch and friends show in 1981 at the Roxy?

I am so jealous
Old 07-25-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
In the long history of the Ledge, has anyone ever posted they were at this show? Or the Bob Welch and friends show in 1981 at the Roxy?

I am so jealous
I could have attended if I was a smart enough 15 year old. But, I was in Cleveland. I should have had my grandma fly me out.