User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I know fans have made this claim for a long time. I just wish there was supporting evidence. I find it hard to believe that Stevie would have stayed quiet if this had happened, especially not once Lindsey left the band and everyone was so angry. Over the next 5 years, she spent a lot of time bashing Lindsey and then FM in the press (because she was mad about Silver Springs being withheld) and if her vocals had been taken off of the Tango album, I think she would have said so during that angry phase, not to mention that I think the song versions with her voice on them would have leaked out and would have been circulating over the years. Instead, what we have is two songs and no more.

The way Everywhere sounds, is in keeping with Mick's version of events, that Stevie wasn't there and they had to layer her voice in later. She's very prominent on Everywhere during the live performances, as if to make up for not having a strong presence on the album. Stevie said of TITN, "we made Tango In The Night, which none of us were very much a part of" and I think she didn't feel like a bit part of it because she didn't record many vocals. I know she did a lot of recording of her songs (like 7 Wonders) and she has talked about that, but not about recording discarded background vocals for Stevie and Lindsey songs.

I think Stevie would have let the world know if Lindsey had axed her on TITN, because of the open acrimony after he departed. The only thing she has ever said about her background vocals on that song is how she took her own vocals off of WISYA so that she could get Lindsey's voice alone there and make it like the two were singing together, because she didn't think he would have thought to do that himself on her song.

Michele
There was that interview where Stevie was asked some question about Tango, I don't remember exactly what it was, but she responded sarcastically and said something like, "oh, you mean because Christine got four songs and I got two and Lindsey got seven??"... something like that. But I've never heard her complain about missing or removed background vocals.

Last edited by seekerj; 10-18-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Old 10-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so fed up with these discussions. It's a band. If the cover says Fleetwood Mac, all members are responsable for what it is.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm so fed up with these discussions. It's a band. If the cover says Fleetwood Mac, all members are responsable for what it is.
But the sun rises out of Steve E's arse!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I've always felt the same way. I finally burned a CD recently of the Tango I'd have preferred, and while everyone has their preferences, I think it flows pretty well:

Books of Miracles
You & I Pt. I
Big Love
Everywhere
Seven Wonders
Tango In The Night
Mystified
Joan of Arc
Little Lies
Down Endless Street
Isn't It Midnight
Family Man
Welcome To The Room... Sara
Caroline
Ricky
When I See You Again
You & I Pt. II
It's never been officially discussed, but I wonder if Lindsey was lobbying for TitN to be a double album, too. Although, I'm not a big fan of "Ricky"...I just don't hear how they could've made that song better...it's not very good as is. A shame that "Book Of Miracles" never got to "Juliet" phase. It's pretty good as an instrumental, but it is pretty repetetive without having vocals. "Down Endless Street" sounded the most finished of all the B-sides (except "You & I, Part 1", which I think was a late scratch out of the final track listing), but it still would've needed a lot of work to make it fit the album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
but I think Lindsey's choice of snare drum sounds was poor. He was following the late-'80s trend of a super-crisp, high-ended snare, and the result doesn't sound real.

It probably wasn't. Considering his extensive use of a Fairlight on Go Insane he probably processed Mick's drums through a Fairlight to get some of those sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Lindsey wasn’t the first to do that sort of thing---The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix did it quite a bit---but it's certainly a big part of his approach to recording.
And, they weren't the first either...you can go all the way back to the late '40s & the '50s to those Les Paul & Mary Ford records. Les INVENTED the whole multi-track process and there's a whole lot of examples where Lindsey obviously copied Les' recording & overdubbing techniques.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
We've seen some pics from the recordings, not a lot, but some interesting pics.
Really, where? Could these be reposted?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
Ms. Perfect-Saint-Who-Does-No-Wrong.
I agree with this!!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If the cover says Fleetwood Mac, all members are responsable for what it is.

I've been looking for someone to
blame for Time and Behind The Mask.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
All of them who made it.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Blame Peter Green for starting the revolving door of personnel changes in the band.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
All of them who made it.
Lindsey guested on BTM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read through this entire thread for the first time and had a recollection that apparently "the band" (possibly just Lindsey, but who knows?) originally only wanted two Stevie tracks included on the TITN album, but that the record company intervened and insisted upon a third selection at the last minute. Is anyone able to substantiate this?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Lindsey guested on BTM.
And on "Time".

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And on "Time".
Which tune is he on, "Time"?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Nothing Without You...you can really hear him at the end...would love for them to do a Rumours-era line up rendition of this!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. Even if outside people who have nothing to do with any creative processes start whispering in band members ears and convincing them something else should be done that would help line their pocketbooks more. At the end of the day everyone signed off on a project or we wouldn't have it.