User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2024, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It was great at first. But later turned into a Stevie shrine. ANY criticism of Stevie and you were kicked off the board. Seriously.

When they asked me to be a mod, I was like, "well sh*t, this isn't going to go well", and I declined.
But you could have been King Sh*t of Turd Mountain of the Stevie Shrine!
Old 01-23-2024, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
But you could have been King Sh*t of Turd Mountain of the Stevie Shrine!
That would be Turd Mountain.

I can't remember now if it began during The Great Ledge Implosion of 2007....or there were also a few times The Ledge went down for several days. But somebody started that board as a result of troubles here.

And for those who weren't around for the implosion, there was a kid from KY on here, who would start MANY threads each and every day. We had a "supermoderator" back then. Well, everyone was complaining about the kid. The Supermod told us all that he could do whatever he wanted, and we could all just get over it. (I'm hazy on this next part)....somehow there was another mod who would drunkenly make crazy posts in the middle of the night. Well, this girl named Carrie talked us all into making a pic of a horse's ass(no B-hole, just tail) into our profile pics. Well, the sh*t hit the fan the following morning, and something like 30 of us were banned for a month(although the Super had a couple friends that did it, and they got away with it). I'm now 90% sure that that's when Seven Dunders became a board. BTW- so after a couple days, the bans were lifted, and the Supermod wasn't around much longer.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That would be Turd Mountain.

I can't remember now if it began during The Great Ledge Implosion of 2007....or there were also a few times The Ledge went down for several days. But somebody started that board as a result of troubles here.

And for those who weren't around for the implosion, there was a kid from KY on here, who would start MANY threads each and every day. We had a "supermoderator" back then. Well, everyone was complaining about the kid. The Supermod told us all that he could do whatever he wanted, and we could all just get over it. (I'm hazy on this next part)....somehow there was another mod who would drunkenly make crazy posts in the middle of the night. Well, this girl named Carrie talked us all into making a pic of a horse's ass(no B-hole, just tail) into our profile pics. Well, the sh*t hit the fan the following morning, and something like 30 of us were banned for a month(although the Super had a couple friends that did it, and they got away with it). I'm now 90% sure that that's when Seven Dunders became a board. BTW- so after a couple days, the bans were lifted, and the Supermod wasn't around much longer.
Haha I kind of remember this stuff but was very inactive in my perusal of this board at that time. Hey I was mid-20’s and had more important…interests. Anyway, I know EXACTLY who you’re talking about with the drunken chaos posts all night long. She was totally off her rocker! Was it really that long ago or did she make a random return a few years later? Gold dust Stevie or something?
Old 01-23-2024, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was also the Stevie impersonator, turned eBay fraudster, who eventually did time in Jail for animal abuse!
Old 01-24-2024, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Haha I kind of remember this stuff but was very inactive in my perusal of this board at that time. Hey I was mid-20’s and had more important…interests. Anyway, I know EXACTLY who you’re talking about with the drunken chaos posts all night long. She was totally off her rocker! Was it really that long ago or did she make a random return a few years later? Gold dust Stevie or something?
I think her real name was Chris. And her Ledge name was golddustwoman? I think?

And your mid 20's interests were clearly where they should've been. Not wasting your time talking about dinosaurs.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think her real name was Chris. And her Ledge name was golddustwoman? I think?

And your mid 20's interests were clearly where they should've been. Not wasting your time talking about dinosaurs.
Yep that’s it. I think it was abbreviated - maybe gldstwmn or something like that. Too funny, some of those posts were downright off the wall and a real trip to see!!

Oh man, it was almost 20 years ago but they were indeed dinosaurs even then! Now they’re just fossils.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
There was also the Stevie impersonator, turned eBay fraudster, who eventually did time in Jail for animal abuse!
Goat crimes?
Old 01-24-2024, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And for those who weren't around for the implosion, there was a kid from KY on here, who would start MANY threads each and every day. We had a "supermoderator" back then. Well, everyone was complaining about the kid. ]
Was that MusicMan08 or something like that? I think I remember that kid.

Why did the SevenWonders board tank? Personally I think The Ledge just had better format.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Goat crimes?
Here we go again.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

Why did the SevenWonders board tank? Personally I think The Ledge just had better format.
Holy sh*t...yeah it was MusicMan something. What a blast from the past.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another blast from the past...I remember when Bobbye Hall's collection of documents from her career with Stevie wound up for sale on a memorabilia site called Wynco and later more showed up on ebay. It was sort of fascinating, lots of tour documents etc.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I wanna say it was Musicman408. I actually know his real name. Ethan Kinkle.

I'm pretty sure the layout for Seven Dunders was just a free forum template. I've belonged to other band forums that used the same layout.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I wanna say it was Musicman408. I actually know his real name. Ethan Kinkle.

I'm pretty sure the layout for Seven Dunders was just a free forum template. I've belonged to other band forums that used the same layout.
Wow, how did you remember that.
Old 01-24-2024, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, how did you remember that.
You should see me play 50 songs on the jukebox without looking up a single number. Because I remember them all. I'm weird. Hold Me is #8704.

And normally I'm NOT good with names, but on one of the offshoot FM boards, after the 2007 implosion, we used to make mocking memes of him. I think that's the reason I remember his name. Plus, he's facebook friends with former Ledgie Michelle2677, so maybe once a year I'll see his name in the comments on her posts.
Old 02-18-2024, 05:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Any chance you can upload this show again? I would love to hear it but it says it's now in your trash.