Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's set closer

I was looking up Christine's solo sets on setlist.fm and the sets I saw didn't make clear which songs (if any) were encores and which song actually closed her set.

Which was her closing song? If there was an encore, what was the last song played before the encore?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On Christine's solo tour DVD(vhs burned to DVD), it was Songbird, right? It's been quite a while since I've seen it, but I'm 99% certain.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She ended her solo tour set with Dont Stop and then came back for Songbird for the encore. Interesting note that this was the first time Dont Stop was used as a closer in concert. In later Mac tours it became the first encore. Prior to 1984, Dont Stop on the Tusk and Mirage tours was done very early in the set.
I think Chris saw how it could turn into an anthem of sort and was a great way to end a show.
Sadly, I think her 1984 solo tour was the last time she played a real piano for the song.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:06 AM

Songbird for the show in Cleveland. Literally right in front of me and she even smiled at my parents and me.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-16-2021 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-15-2021, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don’t Stop is not my favorite song, but when you are out in public and you hear the first 5 seconds of the song starting …. it is still a magical feeling after all of this time.

And I think that it closing the concert as discussed above is why. It’s not the studio version of the song that makes me excited. It’s the memories of the stage shows and the exhilaration and exhaustion. The audience revved and grateful. The band spent, but satisfied. It brings all those flashbacks to me, the end of something beautiful.

Yesterday’s gone? No.