User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
They certainly were not his stories to tell, but neither was Christine’s affair with Curry Grant and he told that. So where is the line drawn? If Christine’s having an affair with the band’s erstwhile engineer (Birch), that’s pretty darn significant to the band. I’m betting Christine said he could tell one story but not the other. But who knows? Maybe it was selective memory. The interesting thing is that, with time, most of the stories have come out anyway, either through personal confession or from someone else spilling the beans.
Have you read Billy Burnette’s book? It’s so much more interesting than Mick’s book. Not because he gives more dirt, because he doesn’t, but because he gives more interesting stories about the band, such as gigs they played, behind the scenes tour info, etc. I think you would like it. But as to your post, I would say it was selective memory as to why Mick mentioned certain things but not others- Billy said in his book that the day Mick’s autobiography was released, John, Christine, and Stevie were irritated and the tour became awkward. That’s why I don’t think it was something like Christine telling Mick he could write about one affair but not the other, for example. Maybe Mick wrote only about one because that particular affair lasted longer, or upset John more, or was more awkward for the band, etc.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Exactly. I love Don Henley as an artist but what an incredibly horrible person to out a woman for having an abortion. There was a klonopin era interview with Stevie where she sounded very hurt saying "I guess I can talk about this now since I did not have a choice and Don told the world" or something like that. I just don't understand why anyone would do that let alone someone who is an ex lover and current friend. Don also supposedly hung up the phone on Stevie when she called him and told him she was marrying Kim Anderson. Strange relationship those 2 have.
While I LOVE The Eagles, he and Glenn were both MAJOR ASSH*LES, IMO. Glenn more so, but "Don's a malcontent. He's always been a malcontent, and that's just life" - David Geffin
Old 11-10-2021, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
he's a flaming dick and it's so ridiculous how she tolerated his **** because he was Mr Famous. She talked back in the late 70s/early80s about how impressed she was at how famous the Eagles were (she always knows how to find the people in a crowd who can be useful to her "I wanna be a star, I don't wanna be a cleaning lady"). She also said that it was Don who "taught" her "how to be a rock star".... so we can thank him for that. "I get the Presidential suite because I demand it" and all that happy claptrap. She talked about how she would be all quiet and not talk about her career and Fleetwood Mac around him/the Eagles and, in her words, "trick them to death". That's why I find her "feminist" claims laughable. She is so totally a product of the era she grew up in (50s) and women need to flatter men and bat their eyelashes and pretend they don't have any ambition etc. That was her approach with Don... and he being of the same era was all white, male privilege...treating everyone like dirt. I guess if you wanna become an a$$hole diva, learn from the best.
The Holy Spirit is speaking through you...Amen!
She is totally a product of the 50s. I.E. She said Harry wearing a dress on VOGUE was crazy but he had to so he could get on the cover. WTF! Jagger wore dresses in the 70s. Rod wore dresses.