User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Most of the fans that go ARE Stevie Nicks fans. That's the draw. There's no need to say it over and over again. .
huge chunk of the audience at FM shows are SN fans. the other huge chunk are fans of the old legendary bands who want to see the name brand band while at least some of them are still around.

that is different from Fleetwood Mac fans.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And I had to laugh at this. It was FM when Lindsey quit the band, it was FM when Stevie quit the band, it was FM when Christine quit the band, and it was FM when Lindsey was fired from the band. Saying it wasn’t is reminiscent of the Trump era. You can repeat it over and over again, doesn’t make it true.
I tell you....this is the first tour I've missed since Rumours(because I was too young for that one - I was too young for Tusk, but got my older cousin to take me).

Because $tevie RUINED the brand, by getting Lindsey fired.

So there you have it. Lifelong rabid fan, lost. This is $tevie's FM now.

NOT INTERESTED.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Elle's point is that there becomes of blurred line of what this entity is anymore. I mean I guess you could call it Fleetwood Mac.
Yeah, I guess you could call a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yeah, I guess you could call a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac.
I get it, but not Elle's point. Maybe you didn't understand what Elle's saying. You're in the ballpark tho.

And by the way, if we're keeping score here, that entity above you mentioned was called "Buckingham McVie". And we both know why that wasn't called Fleetwood Mac, now don't we?

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-09-2021 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The thing is...while some of Lindsey's comments may appear to be low blows, if we're being really honest about things:

1. Christine has apparently (according to Lindsey) already alluded to the fact that she was purely financially motivated to participate in the 2018 tour and didn't want to rock the boat defending Lindsey.

2. Anyone who googles Mick Fleetwood will be very aware of his financial struggles. I'd venture to say Mick would be the first to admit he doesn't have the best financial track record.

3. The comments about Stevie's choices - well, after all of these years it really makes one wonder where does all the resentment come from at this point in time? They cleared the air in 2012/2013 in which Stevie was very proud to tout the story to the press about her hours-long phone call rant to Lindsey Buckingham, which was well-received by Lindsey.

The rest of the band has been able to move on with the exception of her. I'm sure it causes Lindsey to wonder if it's long-term resentment caused by some core differences between him and Stevie.

4. Stevie has publicly acknowledged many times how he is really credited for making Fleetwood Mac shows a really good rock and roll show. Those comments started in 2003/2004 and continued through at least 2009. She's very aware of what he brings to the table. Again, for Lindsey to wonder if this is where the resentment starts to play a role, he's not making far-fetched suggestions.

5. BOTH Mick and Lindsey pleaded with her to participate in the Buckingham McVie project and she still bowed out. Lack of creativity isn't exactly a far-fetched thing to conclude when wondering why she wouldn't participate. It's a valid question to ask. Not to mention the majority of her rebuttals at the time had nothing to do with Lindsey and everything to do with "albums don't make money" or "I'm busy with my project".

Long story short - although his comments are very sharp-cutting on paper, none of it is untruthful or baseless assumptions.

There's a lot of ugliness behind the curtain and he's not sugar-coating it.
I wholeheartedly agree. I didn’t think any of his comments were off-base or even in bad taste. People are just used to reading well-monitored commentary on Nicks. Everyone has been exceedingly kind to her these past 15 or so years. The truth is, she is a cultural force, but a bitter, solipsistic one. The solipsism has always been there. The bitterness has deepened over time. Where she wields her power is by manipulating the greed and shallow ambitions of the British trio. If they had half as much integrity as Lindsey, they would never have gone through with the 2018 tour.

That said, I can totally see Lindsey being an unpleasant, self-righteous, arrogant handful.

So there’s that.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Stevie's statement about Lindsey not being fired due to her wills and wants is some Class A political double speak and is almost laughable in its transparent obfuscation of the actions she took.
Stevie didn’t fire Lindsey, she fired herself — and then went on tour with Fleetwood Mac and two Lindsey replacements. ROFLMAO!

Quote:
Azoff comes off as the detestable, egotistical douche he has always been.
At first I thought he was as nutty as Stevie is, but then I realized that he is merely fronting for his client — Stevie. So his m.o. is to say that Lindsey’s version of events is not factual, and a few paragraphs later he admits he is and has always been Stevie’s advocate — hardly the voice of objectivity about the events three years ago. (He also says he was with Stevie from the beginning, but wasn’t she managed by Kaufman and Frontline before Azoff? You could, if you wanted to, take apart each phrase in Azoff’s statement and disprove it with data.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-09-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

At first I thought he was as nutty as Stevie is, but then I realized that he is merely fronting for his client — Stevie. So his m.o. is to say that Lindsey’s version of events is not factual, and a few paragraphs later he admits he is and has always been Stevie’s advocate — hardly the voice of objectivity about the events three years ago. (He also says he was with Stevie from the beginning, but wasn’t she managed by Kaufman and Frontline before Azoff? You could, if you wanted to, take apart each phrase in Azoff’s statement and disprove it with data.)
You've opened my eyes a bit. At first, I thought to myself "Well it's his job to make money. And he sure is good at it. " But you're right. I forgot about Kaufman and Frontline and where the timeline is on all that.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Also, The Classic was an Azoff project, so surely he wasn't happy that Lindsey was candid about the motivation ($$$$) for that. If Azoff can have a controlling interest in the Eagles and FM, he will be able to stage more oldies festivals for $$$$ with various hired hands to replace dead or difficult band members.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember being labeled a bad fan
You’re a bad fan.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Money over legacy.
Unless money is the legacy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-09-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You’re a bad fan.

Urine happens to be very edgy these days.
And thank you for the compliment!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She has a point, and I'm not sure what it has to do with Trump.
I hope bwboy is admonished for bringing up Trump and the election. And for asking elle if she thought Trump won the election. That was really disrespectful and it reads as if bwboy was trying to insult elle's intelligence.

I was admonished for highlighting Stevie's actions towards a person of color. So only right.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I hope bwboy is admonished for bringing up Trump and the election. And for asking elle if she thought Trump won the election. That was really disrespectful and it reads as if bwboy was trying to insult elle's intelligence.

I was admonished for highlighting Stevie's actions towards a person of color. So only right.
I don't think so. Bwboy was trying to say the repetition of what Trump does. . I think it all got caught up in the spirit of disagreement. Anywho, I didn't read it as a shot to Elle. Bwboy is a nice poster, we just disagree on Stevie.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Do I even want to know about Stevie's actions towards a POC?
Old 09-09-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Do I even want to know about Stevie's actions towards a POC?
Oh God, please don't. Let's stick to the article.

The only reason Trump is brought up here is because Lindsey did bring him up in the article. I have no reason to believe she's racist or anything I couldn't back up. And that might lead to way more spirited disagreements.

Other than that. Good to see you in here Anusha!!