Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2022, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Alternate Collection

Released today, 11/25/22, FLEETWOOD MAC: The Alternate Collection

https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/202...rnate.html?m=1

Don’t think there’s anything here we don’t already have, but some might like the package.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:19 PM

Wow, they really keep at it with the re re re re re releases.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You know what I got today on Amazon Black Friday Deal at 40% off...the 1969 -1974 box set for only $37.00. All remastered . Its less than $5 per CD!!!! Been looking at it since it came out and today was the day. I cant wait to have the 1974 radio concert on CD. I only had it on cassette from the 80s recorded from the radio.

Check it out on Amazon. You cant beat the price. The used ones were best priced at $47. Today's black friday deal for new is too good to pass up.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-25-2022 at 05:51 PM..
Old 11-25-2022, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You know what I got today on Amazon Black Friday Deal at 40% off...the 1969 -1974 box set for only $37.00. All remastered . Its less than $5 per CD!!!! Been looking at it since it came out and today was the day. I cant wait to have the 1974 radio concert on CD. I only had it on cassette from the 80s recorded from the radio.

Check it out on Amazon. You cant beat the price. The used ones were best priced at $47. Today's black friday deal for new is too good to pass up.
The 69-74 cd set is totally worth it for the extras, the remastering, and the ‘74 soundboard. Though the cd cuts off her very effective piano solo on “Bermuda Triangle.” The live “Homeward Bound” on the Bare Trees disc is worth the price of admission alone!
Old 11-26-2022, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I know. I cant wait. This was so over due but as they say, good things come to those who wait. The studio concert has always blown me away. I love these early 70s gems.
We are used to the Stevie/Lindsey drama in the band. But when you look back it must have been frustrating to be a Mac fan in the years leading up to Lindsey and Stevie joining. While both Mystery and Heroes are great albums there was no touring due to drama or someone being fired. I think they did a few concerts for Mystery but no real tour. Bare Trees/Penguin era was their last real tour. I wonder since Bob was not happy and there was no tour they came up with the idea for the studio concert idea for Heroes. It must have been incredibly frustrating to record such a fine album that finally cracked the American top 40 charts with NO promotion and NO tour. Its crazy to think at the time of the recording Mick had already heard Lindsey's playing. 2 weeks later he would make the call.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Apparently there are several fans with money to spare as I have read several FB comments from people saying they already have all the music represented here but they bought this CD for the sticker placed on the plastic. I look at that sticker and see nothing of value for me. I only think, "WTF?"
Old 11-26-2022, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Apparently there are several fans with money to spare as I have read several FB comments from people saying they already have all the music represented here but they bought this CD for the sticker placed on the plastic. I look at that sticker and see nothing of value for me. I only think, "WTF?"
Exactly. People are idiots. I'm not buying the same songs, over and over. The 2003? reissues were the LAST time I'm buying White, Rumours, or Tusk.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:45 PM

My uncle used to save the stickers and put them inside the cd by popping out. the cd holder.

He was obsessed with the promo stickers.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
My uncle used to save the stickers and put them inside the cd by popping out. the cd holder. He was obsessed with the promo stickers.
Would your Uncle pay the $150 or so price tag for the sticker? Would Bob Dylan?
Old 11-26-2022, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My uncle used to save the stickers and put them inside the cd by popping out. the cd holder.

He was obsessed with the promo stickers.
You buckeyes are special...
Old 11-26-2022, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know. I cant wait. This was so over due but as they say, good things come to those who wait. The studio concert has always blown me away. I love these early 70s gems.
We are used to the Stevie/Lindsey drama in the band. But when you look back it must have been frustrating to be a Mac fan in the years leading up to Lindsey and Stevie joining. While both Mystery and Heroes are great albums there was no touring due to drama or someone being fired. I think they did a few concerts for Mystery but no real tour. Bare Trees/Penguin era was their last real tour. I wonder since Bob was not happy and there was no tour they came up with the idea for the studio concert idea for Heroes. It must have been incredibly frustrating to record such a fine album that finally cracked the American top 40 charts with NO promotion and NO tour. Its crazy to think at the time of the recording Mick had already heard Lindsey's playing. 2 weeks later he would make the call.
There was a full US tour for HEROES in the fall of 74. I think something like 43 dates.

PENGUIN and FUTURE GAMES had full tours in the US with additional dates in the UK.

BARE TREES and MYSTERY had aborted tours, which is why MYSTERY did not chart as high as PENGUIN and HEROES.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You buckeyes are special...
No personal attacks!!!
Old 11-27-2022, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No personal attacks!!!
It's not my fault you're from the King's Island state. Did you meet the Brady Bunch when they were there?
Old 11-28-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's not my fault you're from the King's Island state. Did you meet the Brady Bunch when they were there?
Speaking of Brady, Cleveland Browns beat him in OT. Hasn't happened... well ever...
Old 11-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of Brady, Cleveland Browns beat him in OT. Hasn't happened... well ever...
I was busy watching Narcos