User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, she’s wrong on that. The demos were almost as lifeless as “Dreams” until Lindsey did something with them. “Thrown Down” was one of the best on the album.
Oh I disagree, the "Thrown Down" outtake from the TISL sessions (with Lindsey and Mick) is vastly superior to the SYW version. John Shanks made it into a huge epic rock song and Stevie sounds great on it.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Don’t forget all the complaining Stevie did about somehow being forced to record the vault album in two weeks in Nashville. She made comments that made it sound like she was under some sort of contractual obligation that would come due in the middle of the Fleetwood Mac tour. Of course Stevie went into her fall on the sword for Fleetwood Mac mode and implied she had to sacrifice her album for Fleetwood Mac. Blah blah blah Fleetwood Mac is like the army blah blah blah I’m the victim blah blah blah we just toured in 2013 blah blah.

She put such a damper on any Fleetwood Mac momentum that came with Christine’s return. Good on Christine and Lindsey for getting BuckVie over the finish line without her. For somebody who was allegedly happy about Christine’s return, she had middle child syndrome the entire time. I still laugh about the interview where Christine mentions that Stevie gave her an iPod with 24K Gold on it. Classic Stevie - I don’t want to record with you, but let me shove my new album in your face because I’m the greatest.
Let's also not forget that Stevie (and her people) set up a Rolling Stone cover story on Stevie and Stevie alone in the middle of a big FM tour after Christine's return. How's that for team spirit? She was NOT promoting a solo album or touring for one at that time. Lindsey was totally and rightfully p*ssed about this and refused to contribute to the article.. same for Mick and for John. Chris was the only one to speak to the reporter and give any quotes.

She'll delay a band tour for a solo tour, and she'll promote herself OVER her band WHILE touring with them.... but god d*m don't dare "smirk" when she's blathering on and on (and even if everyone around you is waltzing away, rolling their eyes, and laughing about your speech, don't be Lindsey or none of that will matter, you'll still be the bad guy)
Old 01-05-2023, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She was NOT promoting a solo album or touring for one at that time.
Actually, 24KG had come out three or four months earlier.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's also not forget that Stevie (and her people) set up a Rolling Stone cover story on Stevie and Stevie alone in the middle of a big FM tour after Christine's return. How's that for team spirit? She was NOT promoting a solo album or touring for one at that time. Lindsey was totally and rightfully p*ssed about this and refused to contribute to the article.. same for Mick and for John. Chris was the only one to speak to the reporter and give any quotes.
Really? And here I thought Rolling Stone chose to interview Stevie and put her on the cover, not that Stevie (and her people) set it up. Funny that you mention team spirit and then praise Mick, John, and Lindsey for not speaking to the magazine. The double standard here completely undermines your point.

Someone else mentioned before that at one time Stevie wouldn’t talk to Rolling Stone about FM, which was childish. Here, they do the same thing, which was equally childish.

Just to add, I remember being surprised that RS did a cover story on Stevie when FM was in the midst of a tour, a tour that brought back Christine, no less. But RS had done a cover story and interview with FM not that long before this one, so maybe that was a factor, who knows. When one member of FM gets press, it benefits the group as a whole, anyway, whether it be a solo interview with Lindsey, Stevie, or Christine.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris was the only one to speak to the reporter and give any quotes.
It's true she spoke to the magazine. However after Christine passed away, it turns out that the interview where Chris spoke with RollingStone wasn't just about Stevie. It was a full unreleased interview. It was about what it's like to have two lead women in a band, the longevity of the band, how Lindsey is the one in the band who knows what Stevie is trying to achieve with her songs (i.e. for Dreams, Chris said to Stevie "“I don’t know what the **** you mean.”), and she says Lindsey had a marvelous solo career.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
But RS had done a cover story and interview with FM not that long before this one, so maybe that was a factor, who knows.
I don't think it's true they got a cover in 2014. The last cover for FM was The Dance.

They were on the Today Show in March 2014. Just as the 2018 lineup was on CBS This Morning with no Rolling Stone Cover.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It's true she spoke to the magazine. However after Christine passed away, it turns out that the interview where Chris spoke with RollingStone wasn't just about Stevie. It was a full unreleased interview. It was about what it's like to have two lead women in a band, the longevity of the band, how Lindsey is the one in the band who knows what Stevie is trying to achieve with her songs (i.e. for Dreams, Chris said to Stevie "“I don’t know what the **** you mean.”), and she says Lindsey had a marvelous solo career.
Not a big deal, but just to be clear, because I was the one who posted that full interview with Christine here after she passed away, the interview in question was about Stevie. In the original, published Rolling Stone article, the writer only included questions and answers to and from Christine that were about Stevie, because that was what the article was about. After Christine’s death, the writer posted the entire interview with Christine, which included questions and answers not specifically about Stevie. It is a great read, and I’m thankful he posted the full interview because Christine shared some really interesting answers.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t confusion, since I was the one who posted it here.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? And here I thought Rolling Stone chose to interview Stevie and put her on the cover, not that Stevie (and her people) set it up. Funny that you mention team spirit and then praise Mick, John, and Lindsey for not speaking to the magazine. The double standard here completely undermines your point.

Someone else mentioned before that at one time Stevie wouldn’t talk to Rolling Stone about FM, which was childish. Here, they do the same thing, which was equally childish.

Just to add, I remember being surprised that RS did a cover story on Stevie when FM was in the midst of a tour, a tour that brought back Christine, no less. But RS had done a cover story and interview with FM not that long before this one, so maybe that was a factor, who knows. When one member of FM gets press, it benefits the group as a whole, anyway, whether it be a solo interview with Lindsey, Stevie, or Christine.

Even if Rolling Stone had approached Stevie's camp about a cover, it doesn't seem likely she said "Thanks, but we're in the middle of a Fleetwood Mac project and it should really be a Fleetwood Mac cover if anything" She went right along with a solo cover story. There hasn't been a new FM cover shot for Rolling Stone since '97.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if Rolling Stone had approached Stevie's camp about a cover, it doesn't seem likely she said "Thanks, but we're in the middle of a Fleetwood Mac project and it should really be a Fleetwood Mac cover if anything" She went right along with a solo cover story. There hasn't been a new FM cover shot for Rolling Stone since '97.
there has to be some old threads about this. i remember it was discussed here, and basically RS approached them through Stevie's mgmt and wanted the FM cover story, and Stevie's mgmt said how about making a cover story about Stevie instead.

Chris was the only one who was way to nice and a game while others were all not happy that Stevie's trying to make FM tour about only her, and turns out that while Chris gave a nice interview about the band in her answers, only Stevie-related answers were included (of course).

promoting Stevie only in the middle of the FM tour is NOT promoting FM. it's trying to promote that FM is only about Stevie.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2023, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there has to be some old threads about this. i remember it was discussed here, and basically RS approached them through Stevie's mgmt and wanted the FM cover story, and Stevie's mgmt said how about making a cover story about Stevie instead.

Chris was the only one who was way to nice and a game while others were all not happy that Stevie's trying to make FM tour about only her, and turns out that while Chris gave a nice interview about the band in her answers, only Stevie-related answers were included (of course).

promoting Stevie only in the middle of the FM tour is NOT promoting FM. it's trying to promote that FM is only about Stevie.
Oh gross, I was not aware of that. She's a real gem.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m not trying to be argumentative, but honestly, if my local newspaper wanted to do a profile on me regarding my work with drug addiction, my role in the community, and a look at my family, I would probably say “sure thing!” It wouldn’t occur to me to tell them they should instead do an article and photo spread of my co-workers as well.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? And here I thought Rolling Stone chose to interview Stevie and put her on the cover, not that Stevie (and her people) set it up.
you thought what Stevie's PR team wanted you to think. that's why they are paid big bucks!

same as you probably think the Stevie deservedly became the first woman inducted into rnrhof twice, rather than numerous other women with way more successful solo carriers, starting with Tina. that's why when Tina (and several others) was finally inducted for the second time, there were no mentions about Stevie already being there. because it was shameful and looked bad for rnrhof.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you thought what Stevie's PR team wanted you to think. that's why they are paid big bucks!

same as you probably think the Stevie deservedly became the first woman inducted into rnrhof twice, rather than numerous other women with way more successful solo carriers, starting with Tina. that's why when Tina (and several others) was finally inducted for the second time, there were no mentions about Stevie already being there. because it was shameful and looked bad for rnrhof.
What's funny is that Stevie mentions it in her speech.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This isn't a dig at Stevie, but Tina should of been inducted first. It's mind boggling that she wasn't. Tina was part of the Ike and Tina Review, but also had her own solo career.

Okay, this might be a partial dig...I think this is proof of how Stevie's solo career has perhaps (dare I say!!) been over inflated in the past 10-15 years or so. The inflated cult status got her into the HOF before Tina. The prolific songwriter that has been dormant (of writing new material) since 1999....

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-05-2023 at 01:00 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
This isn't a dig at Stevie, but Tina should of been inducted first. It's mind boggling that she wasn't. Tina was part of the Ike and Tina Review, but also as a solo artist!!

Okay, this might be a partial dig...I think this is proof of how Stevie's solo career has perhaps (dare I say!!) been over inflated in the past 10-15 years or so. The inflated cult status got her into the HOF before Tina. The prolific songwriter that has been dormant (of writing new material) since 1999....
Absolutely, at this point having great mgmt is key. Like Elle said, she gets the best press money can buy. Lindsey didn't really kiss ass when it came to the powers that give such awards or record companies, mgmt, etc.. It clearly hurt him. They dropped him like a 7 dollar bill.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-05-2023 at 01:30 PM..