The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like both equally. The magic of the pairing is undeniable, though some of the songs Christine was able to do to fill her own album showed her branching out and embracing a blues/funk vibe (Anything is Possible; Forgiveness; Bad Journey). Then there were subtle gems like “So Sincere” and “Giving It Back” that we may not have heard had she shared a record.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I actually like both equally. Fully agree what they both did with FM. I just don't think she's ever needed him like Lindsey tries to intimate. I think they compliment each other very well.
Well, I think her songs(and production ideas) are good, but come on, he usually takes the production up a notch.

THEY'RE BETTER TOGETHER.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, I think her songs(and production ideas) are good, but come on, he usually takes the production up a notch.

THEY'RE BETTER TOGETHER.
I don't always agree with his production choices. Russ's "Christine McVie" is beautifully produced. Listen to One In A Million.

I'm not saying they aren't good together. I'm not saying they aren't remarkable together. But I love a lot of her songs that Lindsey had nothing to do with. Why is a prime example.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't always agree with his production choices. Russ's "Christine McVie" is beautifully produced. Listen to One In A Million.

I'm not saying they aren't good together. I'm not saying they aren't remarkable together. But I love a lot of her songs that Lindsey had nothing to do with. Why is a prime example.
While it's very close, I slightly prefer 1984 to ITM. It has a more cohesive band sound, IMO. And the songs sound more.....classic.

Come on... Don't Stop, Think About Me, and Hold Me? FM doesn't get better than that!

$tevie says that $he produced Why. After $he taught Bob Weston to play slide guitar, and Christine to play the piano parts.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree.

Christine’s Fleetwood Mac songs before and after Lindsey as well as her two solo albums are on par with anything she ever did with Lindsey. Her music has been surprisingly consistent and dynamic since she joined the band.

There are plenty of examples where Lindsey’s vision and production style wouldn’t have benefited the song, if not been detrimental to the song altogether. Furthermore, I think his Fleetwood Mac productions benefited more from having someone with her musical vocabulary than her songs benefited from his production.

Quote:
Come on... Don't Stop, Think About Me, and Hold Me? FM doesn't get better than that!
Show Me A Smile, Spare Me A Little, Remember Me, Save Me, Love Shines, and I Do are just as good, IMO.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2022, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While it's very close, I slightly prefer 1984 to ITM. It has a more cohesive band sound, IMO. And the songs sound more.....classic.

$tevie says that $he produced Why. After $he taught Bob Weston to play slide guitar, and Christine to play the piano parts.
Okay, I’ll be the contrary Mary and say I feel the songs on ITM blow the 1984 songs away. About 5 of the songs on the self-titled album are strong (and two of them are amazing). But pretty much all of the songs on ITM (excepting Easy Come Easy Go) are excellent.

I never thought she needed Lindsey, even if I love their collaborations. I’m with SteveMacD and Jbrownsjr when I say many of her songs independent of LB’s involvement are bullseyes.

I do agree that Stevie taught Weston everything he knew. She is great that way, a real musician’s musician.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 01-13-2022 at 07:47 PM..
Old 01-13-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I agree.

Christine’s Fleetwood Mac songs before and after Lindsey as well as her two solo albums are on par with anything she ever did with Lindsey. Her music has been surprisingly consistent and dynamic since she joined the band.

There are plenty of examples where Lindsey’s vision and production style wouldn’t have benefited the song, if not been detrimental to the song altogether. Furthermore, I think his Fleetwood Mac productions benefited more from having someone with her musical vocabulary than her songs benefited from his production.

Show Me A Smile, Spare Me A Little, Remember Me, Save Me, Love Shines, and I Do are just as good, IMO.
Heart of Stone, Sooner or Later, Friend, You Are (which sounds like LB on guitar). Bad Loser... the list is huge.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heart of Stone, Sooner or Later, Friend, You Are (which sounds like LB on guitar). Bad Loser... the list is huge.
Forgiveness, Anything Is Possible, Giving It Back, Smile I Live For, One In a Million…
Old 01-14-2022, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay, I’ll be the contrary Mary and say I feel the songs on ITM blow the 1984 songs away. About 5 of the songs on the self-titled album are strong (and two of them are amazing). But pretty much all of the songs on ITM (excepting Easy Come Easy Go) are excellent.

I never thought she needed Lindsey, even if I love their collaborations. I’m with SteveMacD and Jbrownsjr when I say many of her songs independent of LB’s involvement are bullseyes.

I do agree that Stevie taught Weston everything he knew. She is great that way, a real musician’s musician.
Probably the basis of my opinion is based on where I was in life. 1977-1984, FM could do no wrong. I worshiped everything about them(even the old goat). So 1984 holds a....more special place in my heart. ITM sounds slicker. Just like Tango sounds slicker(WAY too slicker,lol). I like a record to sound like a BAND. Not a computer, with every note quantized and pitch corrected.

Even if we disagree, at least we agree that $tevie is the greatest musician EVER!!!
Old 01-14-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Probably the basis of my opinion is based on where I was in life. 1977-1984, FM could do no wrong. I worshiped everything about them(even the old goat). So 1984 holds a....more special place in my heart. ITM sounds slicker. Just like Tango sounds slicker(WAY too slicker,lol). I like a record to sound like a BAND. Not a computer, with every note quantized and pitch corrected.

Even if we disagree, at least we agree that $tevie is the greatest musician EVER!!!
We may disagree. (pun intended) But, I was really good friends with Prince! I saw him on the freeway and he waved to me.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We may disagree. (pun intended) But, I was really good friends with Prince! I saw him on the freeway and he waved to me.
Prince was the best man at my wedding! He wrote me a song about a man from Nantucket. Then we had a quickie 3 way behind the church.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Prince was the best man at my wedding! He wrote me a song about a man from Nantucket. Then we had a quickie 3 way behind the church.
Like a willow, you could bend
Old 01-14-2022, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Oh Homie is Like a trolling slut shamer, she can bend!!
Old 01-14-2022, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's just crazy love.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
It's just crazy love.
We'd like to do a tune from the Tusk album. It's about banging. And it's called Over and Over.