Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default NEW Entertainment Weekly article on website

The link is on www.ew.com

“Lindsey Buckingham breaks down ten of his best guitar riffs.”

Sorry I can’t post the whole article here. It’s a great read!
Old 09-14-2021, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for this - yes, interesting stuff. It's so strange though, the way he's talking about FM now, it's almost as if he's still a member of the band:

"The thing about 'The Chain' is, yes, it's a signature piece of ours," he adds. "But it's also the spirit of the song and the content lyrically is very much in keeping with the legacy we built over a long period of time of always being able to rise above the difficulties in order to fulfill a greater destiny, so there was always a chain."

It feels like some kind of deliberate campaign to get back with them. I don't get why he's using this strategy to sell his solo record! Shouldn't he be celebrating his freedom from the restraints of being in a band?
Old 09-14-2021, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
It feels like some kind of deliberate campaign to get back with them. I don't get why he's using this strategy to sell his solo record! Shouldn't he be celebrating his freedom from the restraints of being in a band?
Honestly, and I don’t know if it’s deliberate or not, but it’s brilliant for Lindsey to use his connection to Fleetwood Mac to get the word out about his new album. I mean, if that’s what it takes to spread the word, I say go for it. A lot of times when Stevie is interviewed for her solo stuff, she or the interviewer bring up FM a lot as well, so more power to him for doing the same. And I love that he chose so many FM songs to talk about on this list, he really could have chosen more of his solo work but I think he was being honest about his choices rather that choosing to focus on his solo work. Even better, this article is all about the music.

Quick question regarding Holiday Road- my understanding is it only charted to #85 or something like that (please correct me if I’m wrong) but I STILL hear that song on the radio, even more than Trouble, which was a top ten hit. Does anyone have any theories about why it didn’t chat higher, or why it’s so well known despite the poor chart performance? It really is one of my favorites, so it’s shocking to me that it wasn’t a big hit.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Quick question regarding Holiday Road- my understanding is it only charted to #85 or something like that (please correct me if I’m wrong) but I STILL hear that song on the radio, even more than Trouble, which was a top ten hit. Does anyone have any theories about why it didn’t chat higher, or why it’s so well known despite the poor chart performance? It really is one of my favorites, so it’s shocking to me that it wasn’t a big hit.
Because EVERYONE loves National Lampoon's Vacation movies.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There’s ANOTHER great interview on the www.ew .com website. Man, Entertainment Weekly have been big supporters of FM and Stevie, and now Lindsey too. It’s a great read.