User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
What a great idea!!! id love to see my favorite band break up and wither away!!!
I'd rather see them go out with the dignity befitting a rock band of their stature than embarass themselves/piss off longtime fans by doing the same crap they've been doing for 30 years now, and trying to put on a soap opera before our eyes.

They've already withered, and have mostly broken up. It's already happened. They just get back together every few years when they start needing money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'd rather see them go out with the dignity befitting a rock band of their stature than embarass themselves/piss off longtime fans by doing the same crap they've been doing for 30 years now, and trying to put on a soap opera before our eyes.

They've already withered, and have mostly broken up. It's already happened. They just get back together every few years when they start needing money.
But, Steve, do you realize just how much money we're talking about? Not sure if you do.

I'm a longtime fan, but I don't begrudge any cashgrab tour Stevie and/or Fleetwood Mac embarks upon. The tours are what they are, and we, as longtime fans, can decide whether they are worth our time and money, on a tour by tour basis.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Well I hope they piss off the longtime fans for another 10 years because Ill still be going to their concerts no matter what.