User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I did see Henley like 5-6 times though, back when his solo career was on fire.
I saw Henley at Irvine Meadows on the Beast tour. I remember a bunch of us smoking pot and listening to an extended “Sunset Grill” under the stars. What a night!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
THIS. I almost wrote the same, yesterday. They live and breathe for it. The attention.
I think Mick is a really good drummer, can cover many genres and styles. Stevie is just trying to stay relevant. She's narcissistic and has nothing else in her life. Oh, and she neeeeds money!!!!!
Old 06-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I saw Henley at Irvine Meadows on the Beast tour. I remember a bunch of us smoking pot and listening to an extended “Sunset Grill” under the stars. What a night!
Very few albums are masterpieces. BTPB is a perfect album, as is Rumours. Bella Donna, too!
Old 06-04-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That sounds amazing.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:03 AM
UnwindedDreams
This message has been deleted by UnwindedDreams.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Neil said CH will play at Glastonbury in June 2022. Mac and CH at the same time?

CH did Don't Dream It's Over for The Ellen Show today:
https://www.ellentube.com/video/digi...-its-over.html

Neil's got a hot jacket.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 06-07-2021 at 04:58 PM..
Old 06-10-2021, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From a new interview with Neil:
I spoke with Mick Fleetwood a few months ago. He said he’s on speaking terms again with Lindsey Buckingham and wouldn’t be opposed to him rejoining the band. If that happens, as a fan, will you be happy? Will you gladly step aside to make room for it?
Neil: I would be delighted for them if they reconcile. I would gladly step aside to allow that to happen. I’m not entering the arena in terms of whether that is possible. But I’m really happy that Mick has crossed some bridges with Lindsey. I know that had to happen at some point. I know it’s not as simple as that. But look, if it served Fleetwood Mac and its best interests, I would be delighted for them. I wouldn’t lay any claim or put any obstacles in front of them.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing that clip and interview bit, UnwindedDreams- they sounded great and I’m so glad Neil brought back the beautiful finish to Don’t Dream It’s Over. I loved the duet between Neil and Stevie on the tour, but was bummed when they curtailed the ending the way they did… the song just ended limply. Now it’s back.

More importantly, Neil’s comments about Lindsey rejoining FM- wow! Finally, an interviewer asks the question we’ve all been wondering, and that was so cool Neil didn’t beat around the bush, hem or haw, or give a pat answer. He was honest and beyond gracious, and I suspect Mike Campbell would be, too. I felt like Neil was saying Mick and Lindsey have reconciled but no one has talked to Stevie about what that could mean for FM. I gathered that by Neil’s comment that he didn’t even want to “enter the arena” of whether Lindsey would actually rejoin FM.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thank you for sharing that clip and interview bit, UnwindedDreams- they sounded great and I’m so glad Neil brought back the beautiful finish to Don’t Dream It’s Over. I loved the duet between Neil and Stevie on the tour, but was bummed when they curtailed the ending the way they did… the song just ended limply. Now it’s back.

More importantly, Neil’s comments about Lindsey rejoining FM- wow! Finally, an interviewer asks the question we’ve all been wondering, and that was so cool Neil didn’t beat around the bush, hem or haw, or give a pat answer. He was honest and beyond gracious, and I suspect Mike Campbell would be, too. I felt like Neil was saying Mick and Lindsey have reconciled but no one has talked to Stevie about what that could mean for FM. I gathered that by Neil’s comment that he didn’t even want to “enter the arena” of whether Lindsey would actually rejoin FM.
You're most welcome, bwboy. They couldn't do the outro for DDIO on the 2018 tour because they did it in the acoustic section of the show. I suppose Heywood could've played an electric solo though.

It's very generous of Neil to say he'd give his job up for Lindsey to take. But I think he says that knowing Lindsey will never be welcomed back.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It's very generous of Neil to say he'd give his job up for Lindsey to take. But I think he says that knowing Lindsey will never be welcomed back.
Never welcomed back. To the band HE BUILT.

What's wrong with this picture? I know...
Old 06-11-2021, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Neil: I would be delighted for them if they reconcile. I would gladly step aside to allow that to happen. I’m not entering the arena in terms of whether that is possible. But I’m really happy that Mick has crossed some bridges with Lindsey. I know that had to happen at some point. I know it’s not as simple as that. But look, if it served Fleetwood Mac and its best interests, I would be delighted for them. I wouldn’t lay any claim or put any obstacles in front of them.
Dear sweet, naive Neil, as if anyone would care if he tried to lay a claim.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Dear sweet, naive Neil, as if anyone would care if he tried to lay a claim.
And Mike? I wish Mike would ask Neil to sing Tom's songs in a renovated Heartbreakers.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Mike? I wish Mike would ask Neil to sing Tom's songs in a renovated Heartbreakers.
IDK. It's NOT The Heartbreakers without Tom Petty!

That would be like a FM without Lindsey Buckingham!!!!

Oh wait, we're discussing WATERED DOWN CRAP...
Old 06-12-2021, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Neil Finn fronting The Heartbreakers???
Nah, I don't think so...he isn't 'Rock 'n' Roll' enough

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Neil Finn AND Mike Campbell were nothing more than temporary hired hands to do a one off Fleetwood Mac tour without Lindsey while he took a temporary leave of absence to do a solo album and work on his marriage.

The hiring of the office temps also gave Stevie a break from Lindsey because they cannot stand each other. Make no mistake, the Buckingham/Nicks disdain for one another was NOT the reason for the fake “firing”.

Neil’s temp job with Fleetwood Mac has come to an end—he knows it, management knows it, the band knows it. Expect an official announcement sometime by the third quarter of 2022.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IDK. It's NOT The Heartbreakers without Tom Petty!

That would be like a FM without Lindsey Buckingham!!!!

Oh wait, we're discussing WATERED DOWN CRAP...
I think Neil has the right voice to sing Tom's songs. Only because Tom died. I would never have wanted them to have someone sing Tom's songs if he were alive.