User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2021, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is Ozzy a former member of Black Sabbath?

yes, Black Sabbath currently doesn't exist, but they keep being on and off. same as Fleetwood Mac. and Ozzy got fired, they had other huge front people, then he came back, then left, then reunited, and on and on.
Would you agree that it's same for Sammy and David with VH? I say it's like the Ozzy and Ronnie example too.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is Ozzy a former member of Black Sabbath?

yes, Black Sabbath currently doesn't exist, but they keep being on and off. same as Fleetwood Mac. and Ozzy got fired, they had other huge front people, then he came back, then left, then reunited, and on and on.
I don’t know anything about Black Sabbath so I can’t comment on that. But Unwinded Dreams brought up David Lee Roth and Van Halen and Steve Perry and Journey, and I would be surprised if they were ever introduced as current members of their respective bands.

I guess it could just be semantics at this point, but I can see now, after this dialogue, why people feel the way they do. I think of Billy, Rick, or Bekka as former members, too. I realize that Lindsey’s contributions were much more longer and significant than theirs, but I think people may feel that referring to Lindsey as a former member of FM is downplaying or minimizing his role in the band, and that’s just not so. Lindsey’s self worth or value is not dependent upon his status with FM.

Another example I just thought of is Peter Gabriel and Genesis.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t know anything about Black Sabbath so I can’t comment on that. But Unwinded Dreams brought up David Lee Roth and Van Halen and Steve Perry and Journey, and I would be surprised if they were ever introduced as current members of their respective bands.
To clarify my belief, I woul call Steve Perry a former member. Journey moved on from him and made albums.
imo, FM did not move on from Lindsey. They released a Best Of with Lindsey songs on it and toured to promote that Best Of, playing songs from the Best Of and 3 covers.

I went to a handful of the 2018-19 shows and had fun at most but I feel it wasn't a moving on from Lindsey... it just was he wasn't there. Stevie still did her usual mic turn to sing GYOW and Storms to Neil like she did with Lindsey. Which was kind of out there to me because she doesn't have a past with Neil.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I need to make my point stronger because not calling Lindsey a member of Fleetwood Mac is not meant to take away his achievements in the band.

So let me make it another way. It would please me greatly that after Lindsey performs, Ryan says something like: "The amazing Lindsey Buckingham, gosh he's good, can't believe Fleetwood Mac let this guy go." or better yet....cant believe they fired this guy"

i.e. meaning, I want to world to be aware for those that missed it that he was fired. Let them google it and try to find out why. Its my way of rubbing Mick and Stevie's nose in it on a national stage.

Hope I made more sense in why I said what I said.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Could you describe Lindsey as Fleetwood Mac’s previous guitar player.?
Would that be a fair way to introduce him...
He wasn’t in the last line up but was previously.
Old 05-19-2021, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Could you describe Lindsey as Fleetwood Mac’s previous guitar player.?
Would that be a fair way to introduce him....
no. was he just one of FM guitar players in the past?

he is Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham. or Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac and solo fame. i saw this recently and made me happy:

"The concept of frontmen (or women) releasing solo projects while still a member of their successful bands can be a dicey proposition. For every Lindsey Buckingham or Pete Townshend side venture that clicks, there are plenty that fall flat (Mick Jagger anyone?). "
usually they would ist LB with Mick Jagger, so this is a nice change.
https://americansongwriter.com/revie...0zs0a8RGfXRjps

people can google LB and will find everything they want and more about 2018 firing whether or not someone brings it up at AI finale. insisting on semantics of firing at the fluff tv show finale where he is one of 10 celebrity guests makes no sense.

semantics of firing were important back in April 2018, when FM members were having a bs narrative that he left them high and dry just when they signed on for a world tour - because he didn't and that was not true. watching them twisting into pretzels because they didn't have their talking point straight was both amusing and annoying at the time.

now when firing is accepted fact, insisting on Lindsey being a "former" member of currently non-existing band is kinda silly, and also degrades his importance to the band and his legacy with the band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I could not disagree more. The reality of Lindsey being fired and accurately depicting his status with the band does not degrade his legacy with the band. Lindsey also quit the band and he was still acknowledged as a former member.

Its not semantics. Its reality. When we ignore reality or pretend it does not exist is what hurts the legacy of the band. Accepting Lindsey being fired is factual just like him being a former member is factual. There is no difference. But to each their own. I live in realville. IMHO ignoring reality is pretending he was not fired from the band.

It seems I take a different view than many on this board when it comes to Lindsey's firing. When Lindsey was hospitalized, many on this board melted down because the band was not offering statements from the stage on their tour. I was firm in my belief they should not say a word. You don't throw someone out a window, then run down the stairs pretending to be upset and offer words of encouragement. The band finally spoke from the stage. Lindsey's wife spoke up and she had the same belief as me. How dare they say a word.

Am I bitter?, probably yes. I also don't forget.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-19-2021 at 01:11 PM..
Old 05-19-2021, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would introduce him as “Lindsey Buckingham, firebrand risk taker, explosive stage performer, and studio guru of Fleetwood Mac’s most widely beloved albums, whose inventive craftsmanship and dizzyingly creative style have served as quiet inspiration to countless fans and fellow musicians for two generations.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-19-2021, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When Lindsey was hospitalized, many on this board melted down because the band was not offering statements from the stage on their tour. I was firm in my belief they should not say a word. You don't throw someone out a window, then run down the stairs pretending to be upset and offer words of encouragement.
I agree with this post.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-19-2021, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
glad you admit, and yeah sounds like it, i've noticed you also have a thing about insisting on being right
(i have that too, and i know it's not a very attractive trait )

the way you see it, you claim as a fact that Fleetwood Mac currently exists. to me fact is that contractually Fleetwood Mac currently does not exist. we've seen in Lindsey's lawsuit papers that is the case. they only have contracts connected to pieces of recording or tours.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

....Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac fame

or

let's give a warm welcome to Fleetwood Mac legend, Lindsey Buckingham....

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-19-2021, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

or

The latter implies that he's still with them.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could not disagree more. The reality of Lindsey being fired and accurately depicting his status with the band does not degrade his legacy with the band. Lindsey also quit the band and he was still acknowledged as a former member.

Its not semantics. Its reality. When we ignore reality or pretend it does not exist is what hurts the legacy of the band. Accepting Lindsey being fired is factual just like him being a former member is factual. There is no difference. But to each their own. I live in realville. IMHO ignoring reality is pretending he was not fired from the band.

It seems I take a different view than many on this board when it comes to Lindsey's firing. When Lindsey was hospitalized, many on this board melted down because the band was not offering statements from the stage on their tour. I was firm in my belief they should not say a word. You don't throw someone out a window, then run down the stairs pretending to be upset and offer words of encouragement. The band finally spoke from the stage. Lindsey's wife spoke up and she had the same belief as me. How dare they say a word.

THIS is what makes me SO INCREDIBLY ANGRY, that he wants to go back, after this public humiliation.

I'm sorry, but if he does, THAT'S JUST SICK. The Tusk guy would never go back. F*ck them. With a shovel.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What if Mick showed up to play on the song with Lindsey

They announced what song he's doing on AI Twitter
Old 05-19-2021, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

or

or they can go with "the iconic LB"