User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Good. Then she can head to the studio and cement her legacy with an album or two. After all, that is what will last forever, not a jukebox concert.
She just had a year and a half to complete a new album .The only "new" thing produced during that time was an unlistenable dud of a song called "Show Them the Way". I wouldn't hold your breath.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She just had a year and a half to complete a new album .The only "new" thing produced during that time was an unlistenable dud of a song called "Show Them the Way". I wouldn't hold your breath.
You were spot on about BottleRock. I'd bet now the whole festival will postpone.

And Show Them the Way lyrics were written 12 years ago!
Old 08-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
You were spot on about BottleRock. I'd bet now the whole festival will postpone.

And Show Them the Way lyrics were written 12 years ago!
Right ! that is why I put "new " in parenthesis

Old 08-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm hoping Stevie cancels all her shows for this year and stays home where she's mostly safe. If I were in a band, I wouldn't want to tour until I felt this pandemic was surely under control and as we all can see, it isn't.
This is a seriously creepy premonition! How did you know this?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Good. Then she can head to the studio and cement her legacy with an album or two. After all, that is what will last forever, not a jukebox concert.
As far as we know, she has done something or other with Greg Kurstin, right? When will that see the light of day — whatever it is? Maybe it’s a vault album part II. Dozens of songs still need to be officially produced:
  • All the King’s Horses
  • At the Fair
  • Baby Doll
  • Beautiful Ghost
  • Castaway
  • Chanel Chanel
  • City of Hope
  • Dial the Number (was that on a deluxe CD?)
  • Don’t Treat Me Like a Stranger
  • Forest of the Black Roses
  • Impossible Task
  • Jimmy, Come Back
  • Joan of Arc
  • Julia
  • Mistaken Love
  • Night Gallery
  • Prettiest Girl in the World
  • Sanctuary
  • Space Needle
  • Three Birds of Rhiannon
  • Tragedy of One’s Own Soul
  • What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not every song deserves to make it to full production. There's a reason some of these didn't get produced despite being in the vault forever. Some are just rough ideas, some are ideas that turned out not so great, some are rough sketches... some had a few good bits that were salvaged and combined with other good bits to make new, good songs. Let's not be Stevie and think everything we poop out is gold. Some are just the meh you produced on the way to finally writing something really good.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm hoping Stevie cancels all her shows for this year and stays home where she's mostly safe. If I were in a band, I wouldn't want to tour until I felt this pandemic was surely under control and as we all can see, it isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is a seriously creepy premonition! How did you know this?
It was something I'd been hoping for. I'd like to think she read it here and decided to heed my advice. But I do feel very badly for those of you who already shelled out big bucks for tickets and travel arrangements. I had an internal feeling telling me that tours probably weren't going to happen this year.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was something I'd been hoping for. I'd like to think she read it here and decided to heed my advice. But I do feel very badly for those of you who already shelled out big bucks for tickets and travel arrangements. I had an internal feeling telling me that tours probably weren't going to happen this year.
Viv, weren't you saying that you continued on with your regular routine, even before we got the vaccine. I mean, with going out to movies and things. I would have imagined you with a concert ticket.

I kept my routine. Even during the worst of times, I was out shopping almost every day. But I have also never gone without my mask, even after I got the vaccination.

The riskiest thing I have ever done was go get my brows waxed. When I approached the shop the woman had a sign on the threshold that said, "Choose freedom not fear." So, I knew I was in trouble. But I proceeded to let her breathe right up my nose while telling me the vaccination was dangerous. I was flying home and I wanted my brows to look good when I saw my family again, so I just grinned and bore it. But as Delta grows, I wouldn't do the same thing today.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^I'm surprised Stevie agreed to the 5 appearances.
She was great in telling us to stay home and to do it out of care for fellow humans.
She should have said in her recent post: Get vaccinated and protect yourself.
Maybe she's afraid of ruffling some of her fans' feathers.
Doesn't cost anything for her to tell her fans to get a COVID19 vaccine
Old 08-15-2021, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Viv, weren't you saying that you continued on with your regular routine, even before we got the vaccine. I mean, with going out to movies and things. I would have imagined you with a concert ticket.

I kept my routine. Even during the worst of times, I was out shopping almost every day. But I have also never gone without my mask, even after I got the vaccination.

The riskiest thing I have ever done was go get my brows waxed. When I approached the shop the woman had a sign on the threshold that said, "Choose freedom not fear." So, I knew I was in trouble. But I proceeded to let her breathe right up my nose while telling me the vaccination was dangerous. I was flying home and I wanted my brows to look good when I saw my family again, so I just grinned and bore it. But as Delta grows, I wouldn't do the same thing today.
Unfortunately, Stevie has gotten real ill on several of her tours and those did not involve a worldwide pandemic. Although I have continued my regular routine, my life does not involve coming into close contact with thousands of strangers on a daily basis. I'm still going to work but I'm also only socializing with the same group of people that I have been around for the past several years. Concerts are totally out of the question for me. I have not gone to the movies since 2019 and the only "crowds" I'm around might be in WalMart or the grocery store. I'm glad you have stayed healthy also, Michele. I read last night that 206 million people around the globe have had covid and praise God we have not been one of them.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I carried on the same routine... that was allowed. TWO DAYS before we hit lockdown (3/14/20 - and we all knew it was coming), I had dental implant work done, and the f*cking assistant had her f*cking mask only covering her f*cking mouth, with her f*cking nostril air BLOWING IN MY F*CKING MOUTH! If I weren't afraid of them hurting me(more), I'd have told her off!

Ask me how I feel about it!
Old 08-15-2021, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never approved of her interaction with fans during the Edge walk anyway, even though she wore gloves. So, at least that is over for the rest of our lives. When she tours again she’ll probably just wave at the audience, from a distance. Then go greet Lori and Sharon.

Even aside from germs that walk struck me as dangerous.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Unfortunately, Stevie has gotten real ill on several of her tours and those did not involve a worldwide pandemic. Although I have continued my regular routine, my life does not involve coming into close contact with thousands of strangers on a daily basis. I'm still going to work but I'm also only socializing with the same group of people that I have been around for the past several years. Concerts are totally out of the question for me. I have not gone to the movies since 2019 and the only "crowds" I'm around might be in WalMart or the grocery store. I'm glad you have stayed healthy also, Michele. I read last night that 206 million people around the globe have had covid and praise God we have not been one of them.
You are right. She does get sick on tours. Mirage shows had to be cancelled because of walking pneumonia. The Australian Tango leg was cancelled due to Epstein Bar. She sang in the rain in New Mexico and got so sick and so many gigs were cancelled in 2001.

I totally understand her cancelling but I saw her statement and it was all about her. She was cancelling because she loves to sing and she is old and does not want to get sick. I think she should have also expressed concern for her fans gathering for these shows. I thought her statement was a bit tone deaf. But its not sure if she wrote it.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I totally understand her cancelling but I saw her statement and it was all about her. She was cancelling because she loves to sing and she is old and does not want to get sick. I think she should have also expressed concern for her fans gathering for these shows. I thought her statement was a bit tone deaf. But its not sure if she wrote it.
Boom, you've got it!
There were many people who bought tickets to these festivals only to see her.
She sure was posting on her social media not long ago... "Single day tickets are on sale now!" "Can't wait till October!"
Also, she didn't say "if you bought tickets to see me, please contact your point of purchase if you'd like a refund."
So essentially, you're s**t out of luck fans!