The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lucky you! There was a sign for this song in Chicago but he didn't play it. Was still an excellent show tho. Maybe he'll add it for the rest of the tour
Old 10-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He played the outro! Isn't this the first time? I hope it stays in the setlist and that he plays it if he records any for a DVD.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

YES!!!

Thank you to those who petitioned for it.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm gobsmacked by Lindsey's voice being in such top form. (And even on this song, right at the very end of a long setlist.)

I also love him playing the wrong chord and saying "Oops" all without missing a beat. Real live music!

And allow me to point out that even in the same week as Lindsey added a song to an already very long, one-man setlist, the four-frontman lineup of Stevie, Christine, Neil and Mike reduced their setlist by one song.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Last night's show in DC was my first seeing Lindsey truly solo (so, not counting two Buck/Vie shows last year) since 2007 in Austin, when he played at a theater that I had classes in at the University of Texas! Happy to report we've both gotten bolder, both gotten older since then.

I don't have much more to add than what's already been said about these shows. His voice is really remarkable, the band sounds great, and he seemed to be really enjoying himself. As Elle alluded to, there was some feedback during Never Going Back Again, and I think some sort of pedal issue that he discovered just before Street of Dreams. But the audience really heaped praise on him in between songs.

The OOTC stuff was what I was looking forward to most and sounds really great, but what surprised me the most was how good the stuff rom Go Insane sounds. Slow Dancing was a highlight for me, as was Go Insane itself (also: does he use a pick for this one? It looked like it broke in his hand, mid song? He kind of made a face and kept going.) I always enjoyed his acoustic version of that song, but I never really liked it when FM played it as a band in 2009. But with this band, it just works. I think he's figured out a way to translate the recordings to the stage -- they sound updated but true to the originals.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of folks praising Jimmy Paxson, too. That guy is killer back there, and based on Lindsey's comments during introductions, he recognizes that, too.

Oh, and I did my part to fill the place last night by getting two of my wife's friends to go with us! They're casual Fleetwood Mac fans, but would never pay the ticket prices they're asking for those arena shows. LB's show was not on their radar, but they were really glad they went -- loved it! And my wife surprised me by saying her two favorites were Shut Us Down ("I like the beat," lol) and "Rockaway Blind." She's got good taste!

Looking forward to my front row seat to the York show next month!!!
Old 10-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Ledgie

Truly amazing. Wow. Thanks for this.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Lucky you! There was a sign for this song in Chicago but he didn't play it. Was still an excellent show tho. Maybe he'll add it for the rest of the tour
you never know but don't think he will. i think you need to work on him and ask for it and then he might do it, like he did here and there during One Man shows in 2012. (apparently he thinks 2012 was 3 years ago ). also, his shows ends about 5 minutes to 11 pm, and most venues have a curfew and charge performers if they go over 11, so that plays a role too, i think. several of us worked pretty hard on him at the m&g before the show to convince him to do it and at the end of it he said he will see what he can do but no promises. so it was fantastic that not only it was back but that he actually did the outro - FIRST TIME EVER live!!

here he is addressing "Fleetwood who?" shouts from the crowd. classy and zen as usual.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He really seems content with the situation. Some people have the knack for stepping back and viewing it from the outside almost. Can't say I'm always capable of that---it's a quality I admire. In Chicago he was super positive and got a lotta love from the fans. I'm going to 2 more shows

We were going to get a FM/Solo LB tour and then all hell broke loose. We still ended up with a somewhat FM/Solo LB tour---isn't that weird! I was telling my sister about my M&G and Lindsey's show. She wanted to know if it felt strange because of all the goings on. I said no cause as a fan of his solo stuff I've moved on. The anthology and the tour definitely help with the moving on process but even so I've always liked his solo work so there's no diff. He'll put on a great show no matter what and I'm going to rock out no matter what.

On the other hand, the life long FM fan inside me is still wounded...... I've got a permanent scar.