User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
No offense, but is Stevie really your favorite artist of all time? Like Really? I want to know who is 2nd and 3rd to this braintrust.
Why would you find that so hard to believe when we've all been members of a FM board for all this time?

Stevie Nicks is MY favorite artist of all time. No I'm not happy at all that she got Lindsey fired from Fleetwood Mac and no I don't love every song she has ever released but yes, in so many ways she has enhanced my life for the better. I'm turning 60 in two months and since the age of 15 she has rocked my world. My 2nd fave of all time is Andy Williams and The Beatles come in 3rd.
Old 12-19-2021, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Why would you find that so hard to believe when we've all been members of a FM board for all this time?

Stevie Nicks is MY favorite artist of all time. No I'm not happy at all that she got Lindsey fired from Fleetwood Mac and no I don't love every song she has ever released but yes, in so many ways she has enhanced my life for the better. I'm turning 60 in two months and since the age of 15 she has rocked my world. My 2nd fave of all time is Andy Williams and The Beatles come in 3rd.
Well, I think there are basically two types of fans.
Fleetwood Mac fans.
Stevie Nicks fans.

Many Stevie fans proclaim to be both, but the band doesn't exist to them without her. Those people aren't really Fleetwood Mac fans, IMO.
Old 12-19-2021, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, I think there are basically two types of fans.
Fleetwood Mac fans.
Stevie Nicks fans.

Many Stevie fans proclaim to be both, but the band doesn't exist to them without her. Those people aren't really Fleetwood Mac fans, IMO.
Loved Bekka's live version of GDW on the 1995 tour when I saw them live but I threw the Time album in the trash. I rarely listen to the SN fan coveted TISL album. Not happy with the majority of those songs. The demos of TISL were a billion times more enjoyable than the final release, IMHO.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Loved Bekka's live version of GDW on the 1995 tour when I saw them live but I threw the Time album in the trash. I rarely listen to the SN fan coveted TISL album. Not happy with the majority of those songs. The demos of TISL were a billion times more enjoyable than the final release, IMHO.
Bekka is the best singer FM ever had. She is a powerhouse! It's a shame that lineup wasn't really given a chance to take off. I remember watching the concert, and people all around me were bitching incessantly about Stevie not being in the band. They did Dreaming The Dream, and Bekka won me over for life.

Old I'm Not The Boss really is a seat filler. And I'm not talking about after she eats a bag of White Castles. Although I'm sure mama can hold her own in that department...
Old 12-20-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:

Of all the artists out there, Stevie Nicks isn't even on my radar. I think her career was made from having other artists help her.
I'm talking about actors, writers, painters, musicians, show runners, fashion designers, etc.

I adored Stevie when I was a child, but then again that was because of my love for Fleetwood Mac and the two amazing solo albums. But she's never been even close to my favorite of all time.
Christine McVie is top 5 of my musicians. Someone like Neil Peart or Lyle Mays might be my favorite artist of all time, and neither of them even sing. (but that changes with my moods, and eras of my life).

My comment to Unwinded was genuine. Must be disappointing to have someone you still adore ,AND your favorite turn out to be such an entitled, ego laden buffoon.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-20-2021 at 08:46 AM..
Old 12-20-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
That is a very good GDW version. Agree with Homer, she's got lungs.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-20-2021 at 08:58 AM..
Old 12-20-2021, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would agree with that opinion up until 2018. If Stevie left FM today, it wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac because 2018 is when FM became her E Street Band or Silver Bullet Band. In 2021, Stevie Nicks is Fleetwood Mac like Chrissie Hynde is Pretenders.

If Finnwood Mike makes an album, then I'll call it FM.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of all the artists out there, Stevie Nicks isn't even on my radar. I think her career was made from having other artists help her.
I'm talking about actors, writers, painters, musicians, show runners, fashion designers, etc.
She's like a commercial conception nurtured by executives and producers, right? Like a Bieber, Madonna, or Celine Dion.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I would agree with that opinion up until 2018. If Stevie left FM today, it wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac because 2018 is when FM became her E Street Band or Silver Bullet Band. In 2021, Stevie Nicks is Fleetwood Mac like Chrissie Hynde is Pretenders.

If Finnwood Mike makes an album, then I'll call it FM.
Well, for the casual fan, $tevie (now) IS FM.

Throw back to the Time era, that lineup couldn't get past the specter of the Rumours 5.

I have accepted other lineups in the past(Time band), HOWEVER, Old I'm Not The Boss's power play, seizing control of the band, has forever ruined their legacy. Because it's no longer a BAND. It's now Stevie Nick's FM.
It's not even about Lindsey as much as it is her- seizing control.
F*ck her and her massive ego.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
She's like a commercial conception nurtured by executives and producers, right? Like a Bieber, Madonna, or Celine Dion.
I used to consider her an artist. Now, she's just an IA seat filler that bellows really bad vocals.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't really understand this logic.

Bruce wrote/co-wrote all Bruce and E-street band songs.
Chrissie wrote/co-wrote all Pretenders songs.

or they had some covers, but not songs exclusively written by other band members. but they were/are the principal songwriters.

Stevie Nicks wrote or co-wrote less than one third of Fleetwood Mac hits, and about a third of their songs all together. how can FM be equal to these other bands?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-20-2021, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stevie Nicks wrote or co-wrote less than one third of Fleetwood Mac hits, and about a third of their songs all together. how can FM be equal to these other bands?
Especially since Christine wrote most of the band’s hits and she was still there.

The initial setlist of the 2018 tour featured a lot of songs from eras that didn’t involve Stevie as well as a few legendary songs from the new guys’ careers, which seems to further emphasize that Fleetwood Mac is the opposite of those bands.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-20-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Old 12-20-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Especially since Christine wrote most of the band’s hits and she was still there.

The initial setlist of the 2018 tour featured a lot of songs from eras that didn’t involve Stevie as well as a few legendary songs from the new guys’ careers, which seems to further emphasize that Fleetwood Mac is the opposite of those bands.
I just read an article from 2020 relating to Christine's contributions.

https://jeremyhelligar.medium.com/ch...e-fadd4f03b217
Old 12-20-2021, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just read an article from 2020 relating to Christine's contributions.

https://jeremyhelligar.medium.com/ch...e-fadd4f03b217
Interesting, but am I the only one who gets annoyed when they refer to 1970-74 as “bluesy?” Like, have they actually listened to those records? Do they know what blues music is and sounds like?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
as well as a few legendary songs from the new guys’ careers
Why do you think they didn't play any original Stevie solo songs or any Chris solo songs?

Surprised there's no live album from this tour.