User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Time, as it was released, was pretty much a "compromise" album. WB had rejected the original album that was submitted with the title Another Link In The Chain due to Christine's complete absence from the album. It was all Bekka, Billy & Dave's compositions. Christine's songs were hurredly recorded & assembled in order to comply with WB's demands that (supposedly) she was contractually obligated to appear on Fleetwood Mac albums.
According to Wikipedia, This album was also the first that failed to make the charts in the US. With no Stevie and Lindsey, and a barely presence of Christine, I guess nobody was enough interested in releasing a single, but I thought the record company always try to sell a record, so a single should always exist, or so I believed.

But no single was released, was it? At the Wikipedia page of this album, there is no single mentioned. Don't know how reliable are its sources.

And if any song was intende to be a single, I guess the record company would have selected a Christine song, don't you think?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
According to Wikipedia, This album was also the first that failed to make the charts in the US. With no Stevie and Lindsey, and a barely presence of Christine
Christine sang lead on FIVE songs, more than Billy Burnette and Dave Mason COMBINED! She DOMINATED that record.

Quote:
I guess nobody was enough interested in releasing a single, but I thought the record company always try to sell a record, so a single should always exist, or so I believed.
"I Do" was released, and I think "Winds of Change" was, too.

By the time it was released, Christine was out and Mick was working with Lindsey. The record company would likely rather have paid a large advance on a Lindsey-Mick record than on promoting a new Fleetwood Mac album knowing Christine McVie was no longer in the band.

What always kills me is how people talk about how it was such a huge failure (and it was), but fail to mention that Stevie and Lindsey also hit the skids in album sales around that time, and they promoted and toured behind their albums. The "Time" band was basically done by the time the album was released.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

"I Do" was released, and I think "Winds of Change" was, too.
The promo single is on Ebay with spooky Dennis Wilson rose garden-like cover!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEETWOOD-MA...item3ca43fdaab
Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post

The German CD single for "I Do" is absolutely worth tracking down. It features the radio edit, plus "Talkin' To My Heart," and the extended & dub versions of "Little Lies."

I've never found a promo single for any of the other 'Time' tracks, but I'd love to find one if it's out there.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
The German CD single for "I Do" is absolutely worth tracking down. It features the radio edit, plus "Talkin' To My Heart," and the extended & dub versions of "Little Lies."
That's the CD single I have. (also has an alternate photo from that of the album's cover shoot)
Old 05-07-2014, 12:23 PM

I didn't realize Christine and Richard produced the track.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a different Promo CD with the Penguin on the cover. I got it off Ebay a while ago.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There was an interesting posting on Richards blog concerning Time:

Anonymous poster:
Hello Richard, what was it like working on the "Time" album during a period of such a big change within the band?

Richard Dashut:
I hated it. Remember having big problems with a stubborn Dave Mason, who wouldn’t take any production advice. Ended up quitting early on that one I was so frustrated. Felt like a big let down after five quality albums and with no Stevie and Lindsey, I had no real spiritual connection to the project. I probably agreed to do it in the first place just for the money, my bad.

I can see that come through on the album. Dave's songs (which aren't the strongest anyway) could perhaps have come across better with different/better production. I suppose that's what you get when you have people that have 'been around the block a few times'- set in their ways and unwilling to take direction from others.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
There was an interesting posting on Richards blog concerning Time:
That was my question
Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just been listening to Time again. It really does feature some good songs. Perhaps Billy's vocals need to be more prominent- he didn't sing enough lead on this album. I think the overall sound of the album was too soft as the majority of the lead vocals were Becca & Christine (Even though past albums featured 2/3 female vocalists, Stevie's harsher voice counter-balanced Christine's more).
Old 08-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...and all Christine's contributions are very good by the way. Sooner or Later in particular has just stood out to me as a song I've really under-appreciated in the past.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post

I have that promo. I recall I bought for less than 5 bucks.