Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default new album/tour or nothing?

A simple question for all you FM fans here. What do you think FM will do in 2010 and 2011. Will they make a new album and go on tour again or perhaps only make a a new album without the tour...... Will they go solo and no FM in the next 2 years... What do you think will happen????????
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, we know Dave Stewart recently finished up cowriting a song with Stevie. That leads me to believe she's working on a solo album... not a Fleetwood Mac one. It's possible she's readying demos to bring to the Mac table... but again, I'd kind of doubt she'd be working with a Eurythmic to write a Mac song.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i hope she is working on a new cd.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I hope Fleetwood Mac will have a new album, but I have no idea if it will happen.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dance View Post
A simple question for all you FM fans here. What do you think FM will do in 2010 and 2011. Will they make a new album and go on tour again or perhaps only make a a new album without the tour...... Will they go solo and no FM in the next 2 years... What do you think will happen????????
John McVie just paid fifty two billion dollars to take a Nasa trip to the moon. Mick is spending his off time cultivating coffee beans on his Hawaiian plantation. Lindsey is holed up in the studio with his wife and son teaching them how to write more hits for him because let's face it, it was a great day, a great day. Stevie is in Mexico with her girlfriends Rhiannoning. Christine may return to the band, but only if she's allowed to end each and every show with a song titled Songbird.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's hard to say. This last tour is definitely over, and everyone seemed happy and i thought Stevie and Lindsey were getting along really well, but they may have decided to part ways for their own solo projects.

To me, something that was a clue to that possibility was the Grammys. Mick was with his Blues Band, and only them. Yes, they were nominated and doing interviews and photos on the red carpet, but it appeared to me Mick's appearance there and Stevie's performance were completely separated to the point where they were no longer associated with each other. No interviewer (that i can remember) asked Mick about the future of Fleetwood Mac, because they are probably going to be on hold for awhile. And now we know Stevie is producing for Michelle Branch and writing with a producer/songwriter who is still hot and in demand (Dave Stewart), so that gives a greater possibility to 2010 and 2011 being without Fleetwood Mac and with at least two solo outings.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie needs to make another solo album. It's been 9 years since her last one, which is her longest gap between solo releases. I'm convinced that she's got one more solid record in her! I'd be ok with her rounding off her solo career with Trouble In Shangri-La (thank God it wasn't Street Angel!) but would be frustrated too...

Mick seems happy with his Blues band and will probably keep being a road-dog forever! John just seems content to sail, relax and enjoy the fruits of his labour until the next FM project comes calling.

As for Lindsey, I think he's the wild cared. He's done so much solo stuff in the past few years, and then the huge Mac tour, I really don't know what he'll do! He could just spend the next year or 2 in the studio doing his next solo project I suppose. I don't see anything coming out from him anytime soon, that's for sure.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what if dave stewart produced the mac album?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
what if dave stewart produced the mac album?
Then it would be called EurythamMacs
Old 03-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suspect and hope 2010 is going to be a year for Stevie & Lindsey, but esp. Stevie to begin building upon some artistic vision for what is next. We're already beginning to see an example of this w/ Stevie's recent song collaboration w/ Dave Stewart. So I see Stevie & Lindsey both writing and recording demo's for what will either be new solo recordings or a new FM cd to come out this fall (wishful thinking) or more likely Spring/Summer 2011 in time for a final big tour.

We all know that Stevie was not crazy about the way SYW turned out. She fought against it being a double disc, who she wanted to mix the CD, The sequencing of the songs on the CD, & was not crazy about a few of Lindsey's songs or the way some of her's turned out. I think letting her title the CD was a consolation prize.

They made alot of $$$ on the "Unleashed" greatest hits tour, which by & large was playing it safe by Stevie's insistence & testing the vibe of the band. The tours success gives them some breathing room to test their artistic opportunities. So unless Stevie gets more of what she feels is needed on the next FM record i.e., an outside co-producer and more creative control, I think we will see her record a solo CD.

Last edited by Christopher; 03-01-2010 at 03:27 PM..
Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

i have no desire for a fleetwood mac record not produced by lindsey. i remember him in his BTM saying that he couldnt understand why they would "not use all the tools available to them" during Mirage. a FM album not produced by lindsey would be not using the most important tool they have.

i see one more album, maybe
a tour probably
and solo stuff from both stevie and lindsey

Old 03-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Well, we know Dave Stewart recently finished up cowriting a song with Stevie. That leads me to believe she's working on a solo album... not a Fleetwood Mac one. It's possible she's readying demos to bring to the Mac table... but again, I'd kind of doubt she'd be working with a Eurythmic to write a Mac song.
If Dave Stewart were also to produce Stevie's next solo album, it is most certainly going to be great. His productions from the 2000s always sounded stellar due to the involvement of engineer Ned Douglas and Dave's fearless musical arrangements. They should have done that earlier and it's great that they are jumping at the chance of working together now.

As for FM albums not produced by Lindsey, I must point towards "Behind the Mask" (Greg Ladanyi, RIP) and "Time" (Richard Dashut mostly).
So I'd nominate Richard Dashut for first choice of outside producer. If it wasn't for Warners but for Interscope, I could imagine FM dragging labelhead Jimmy Iovine himself back into the studio. It's about time he gets back into the recording experience. But since it's likely going to be for Warners, there's probably no chance of having him on board.
But please let's not have Glen Ballard.

In fact, I doubt that a FM album is in the works and find solo works more likely. Just as most of you, a new Christine McVie album would be a real treat, especially if she lets her piano and keyboard skills shine on it even more than on her previous outing.
I'm all for a quick follow-up to Lindsey's great "Gift Of Screws", too, because that one is so good. If you'd ask me, I think he should work with Mike Elizondo.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Well, we know Dave left a question for Lindsey at that radio station (or did it happen the other way around?). Maybe Lindsey has been writing songs with Stewart too.

Michele
Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dance View Post
I guess they'll fire Azoff if he doesn't get his *ahem* STUFF together and find a great marketing strategy for that forthcoming cd/dvd Rumours with "never-before-seen" footage" package...

If they work that out, then yeah they will tour and perhaps even do one more photo shoot.

Oh, and Stevie will start saying in a bunch of irrelevant interviews how she hated the Unleashed Tour (even though she was pretty much all smiles let's not forget) and fought with Lindsey for the entire 100 year tour. In fact, the kangaroo hopping he did onstage in NZ was really just him trying to make her trip over his guitar cable...and she will NEVER do another album with him again (even though the album they just finished working on together is in the can and ready to be released after she finishes all these smoke blowing interviews...). Then, Kristen will snap pictures a few feet away while Lindsey joins Stevie at her interview house for a few well-timed tapings just to prove how they are so NOT best friends....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, we know Dave left a question for Lindsey at that radio station (or did it happen the other way around?). Maybe Lindsey has been writing songs with Stewart too.

Michele
Haha!! Funny how I was thinking that too. Dave left a question for Lindsey when he had been there the week before. Good stuff!