Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1947 or 1949?

Ok, I should know this, but for the life of me I cant get a straight answer to this. I remember attending the 10-3-1997 Fleetwood Mac concert in Cincinnati, and I swear I remember fans holding up signs wishing Lindsey a happy 50th. But I've had many other people tell me he was born in 1949. which is it?
Old 06-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

October 3, 1949
Old 06-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Ok, I should know this, but for the life of me I cant get a straight answer to this. I remember attending the 10-3-1997 Fleetwood Mac concert in Cincinnati, and I swear I remember fans holding up signs wishing Lindsey a happy 50th. But I've had many other people tell me he was born in 1949. which is it?
Wow he must have loved that. Yes, the correct year is 1949 he is a year younger then Stevie.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For God's sake he is a year younger than Stevie...she didn't turn fifty until AFTER the Dance. If you are gonna make signs people, at least get your facts straight.

I know Marissa wore a tiarra for his birthday on the SYW tour...I am sure if she had his age on a sign ...it was the CORRECT age.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Wow he must have loved that.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
For God's sake he is a year younger than Stevie...she didn't turn fifty until AFTER the Dance. If you are gonna make signs people, at least get your facts straight.

I know Marissa wore a tiarra for his birthday on the SYW tour...I am sure if she had his age on a sign ...it was the CORRECT age.
We didn't have an age on the sign, which probably made him love the sign more. It just said "Happy Birthday, Liddy Buck." The tiaras were like the best idea ever, Mariss.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't know why this always pisses me off... it shouldn't! We have a book called "this day in rock" and they incorrectly have his birth year as 1947. I can't remember if it was rolling stone or some other magazine, but they also listed the year as 1947. I scream every time I see it wrong! I think somebody must have printed it incorrectly a long time ago, and then everyone else started using that as a source or something like that........
Old 06-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyD
I don't know why this always pisses me off... it shouldn't! We have a book called "this day in rock" and they incorrectly have his birth year as 1947. I can't remember if it was rolling stone or some other magazine, but they also listed the year as 1947. I scream every time I see it wrong! I think somebody must have printed it incorrectly a long time ago, and then everyone else started using that as a source or something like that........
I posted this a few months back. I think I should tell the story again.

The other day one of my male co-workers (who is 4 days older then Stevie by the way) tells me that he saw “that Lindsey guy on TV” I ask what it was that he saw. He tells me that it was some kind of a video and that Stevie was not around and that it did say Lindsey Buckingham on the credits. OK so I ask what LB was doing in the video. He tells me ‘that he was jumping around acting like he knew how to play guitar”. OK I take it with a grain of salt because this guy likes to be a b--- buster.
So the next day he says to me “Trouble” that was the name of the video. Ok so now on to the point of my story. Then he tells me “ hey that dude is older then me”. Right away I knew what he meant so I just laughed and shook my hand in the air and said, “ NO! It’s 1949 NOT 1947! So I told him that LB’s birth date info is incorrect and Oct 3 1949 is the correct date of birth. We had a mock fight over the date every time I would go over there he would say to me “1947” and I would say “1949”. Well today he brings in the ‘bible’, which is a book of who’s who by Billboard. It says 1947 is the year of Lindsey’s birth. I know that a lot of different sources have LB’s date as 1947 and I am just wondering why. I would hope that Billboard would have more accurate information. It is very frustrating to see incorrect info taken as law.
This past summer I saw a calendar card for Oct 3rd and Lindsey was listed as a famous birthday but he was listed as Lindsay Buckingham born Oct 3rd 1947! I was happy to see Lindsey recognized but please have the right information!
I just figured that I would share my “Lindsey incorrect birth date” story with you.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I posted this a few months back. I think I should tell the story again.

The other day one of my male co-workers (who is 4 days older then Stevie by the way) tells me that he saw “that Lindsey guy on TV” I ask what it was that he saw. He tells me that it was some kind of a video and that Stevie was not around and that it did say Lindsey Buckingham on the credits. OK so I ask what LB was doing in the video. He tells me ‘that he was jumping around acting like he knew how to play guitar”. OK I take it with a grain of salt because this guy likes to be a b--- buster.
So the next day he says to me “Trouble” that was the name of the video. Ok so now on to the point of my story. Then he tells me “ hey that dude is older then me”. Right away I knew what he meant so I just laughed and shook my hand in the air and said, “ NO! It’s 1949 NOT 1947! So I told him that LB’s birth date info is incorrect and Oct 3 1949 is the correct date of birth. We had a mock fight over the date every time I would go over there he would say to me “1947” and I would say “1949”. Well today he brings in the ‘bible’, which is a book of who’s who by Billboard. It says 1947 is the year of Lindsey’s birth. I know that a lot of different sources have LB’s date as 1947 and I am just wondering why. I would hope that Billboard would have more accurate information. It is very frustrating to see incorrect info taken as law.
This past summer I saw a calendar card for Oct 3rd and Lindsey was listed as a famous birthday but he was listed as Lindsay Buckingham born Oct 3rd 1947! I was happy to see Lindsey recognized but please have the right information!
I just figured that I would share my “Lindsey incorrect birth date” story with you.
I'm not sure anyone except his family and friends and us fans would care if his date of birth was printed incorrectly. Technically, they should have the right info. Somebody obviously screwed up.. Anyway, funny story and tell your ballbuster friend that he is a genius with the guitar.

On edit: That Lindsey is a genius with the guitar. Not your ballbuster friend.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

that's probably where I saw 1947, in Billboard somewhere.

1949 has to be correct, because there have been several interviews where Lindsey or Stevie has mentioned that Stevie was a year ahead of Lindsey in high school, and I've never heard anyone dispute Stevie's birth year of 1948. So unless Stevie was really smart and skipped a couple years of school (ha ha), or Lindsey failed a couple years (another ha ha), then it must be 1949. ok, i'm getting too analytical here........
Old 06-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What is it with Mac members and their ages being some big mystery? The same thing happens with Mick. A whole group of people believe he is six years older than Stevie...which he is NOT. They cite the line in BC when Stevie says "you fell in love when I was only ten" as proof that Mick was 16 when Stevie was ten. His birthyear is also incorrectly listd in books etc. I think he is only one or two years older than Stevie in reality.
BTW...Christy bought LB's High School yearbook and I am pretty sure he is a junior in HS when Stevie is a senior. That is the way the Fritz story goes in LB's BTM too. Stevie went off to college when LB was a senior at Menlo Atherton but they still hooked up for gigs, etc.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Definetly 1949. He was a year behind Stevie in school.