Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2023, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1993 press conference

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, so am plopping it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lc7hE9TIr0

1993 presser at the Virgin Megastore with Lindsey, Christine, John and Mick just a week or so before the inaugural performance for Clinton. They are also promoting the boxed set. They claim Stevie is not there because she's under the weather.

When asked Chris says she's honored Clinton picked her song, while Mick says "She's a Republican!" He says he would have voted for Clinton if he were eligible to vote in the US. Chris actually says she would have as well. John says he DID vote as he does have US citizenship, but doesn't reveal who he voted for. Lindsey says he also voted but doesn't really say who for.

Interesting to hear Christine talk several times about her desire to continue her pursuit of a solo career, and how she's already made it known to the band she really wasn't keen to do any more big tours with the band.

Lindsey gets asked about the difference in sales between his solo work and FM, and says that's not really the goal for the solo work. He also gets asked about Mick's book and with Chris watching with interest Lindsey says people have to do what they have to do, and while some of it may not have been what he would have written about, and that he addressed some in one of his songs, but ultimately it is what it is and that there are no hard feelings with Mick and in fact they've been hanging out together in the studio. At one point while LB is answering Chris says something to John about "one is...(something) and one is accurate" but not sure just what she's referring to.

LB says he left after an album but before a tour thinking that would be easiest for the others i.e., to find players to join on the road and then be able to take that new lineup into the studio later. He saw the Clinton gig as a way to get a sort of "closure" they didn't get when he left.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She also says something about starting a new Fleetwood Mac album in April.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2023, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John as far as I know voted Republican the other three that could vote here mostly Democrat with Lindsey being the farthest to the left.

Old 01-30-2023, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
John as far as I know voted Republican the other three that could vote here mostly Democrat with Lindsey being the farthest to the left.
Is Lindsey the only one who has played Democrat Party fundraisers?
Old 01-30-2023, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When John said he voted 'for one of 'em...' , he definitely voted republican lol. he was not a fan of clinton.

and yes, chris made some joke about someone writing a book that's accurate, which made john laugh, but there was some awkward tension at the other end of the table because Lindsey had just said, 'I think Mick's book was enough for all of us, for awhile.' mick's guilty expression is kind of funny.

I like how John firmly gives his run down of his plans for the 1st quarter of the year. and how his face completely softens when chris pushes him, 'and what are you doing after *that*, John?' argh so adorable.

--Lis
Old 01-31-2023, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was actually most intrigued by Christine's statement about wanting to pursue solo work and that she'd let the band know she wasn't keen on any more big tours.

Interesting because when she did the 1984? solo album she said in some interviews that she kind of did it because it was sort of expected, since the other two had done solo albums....and that she really didn't seek to be a 'front person'

Also, if she was not keen on any more big Mac tours, had her fear of flying started? If so, how was she thinking she'd promote even a solo album??
Old 01-31-2023, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I was actually most intrigued by Christine's statement about wanting to pursue solo work and that she'd let the band know she wasn't keen on any more big tours.

Interesting because when she did the 1984? solo album she said in some interviews that she kind of did it because it was sort of expected, since the other two had done solo albums....and that she really didn't seek to be a 'front person'

Also, if she was not keen on any more big Mac tours, had her fear of flying started? If so, how was she thinking she'd promote even a solo album??
Wasn't it only a handful of cities, and didn't sell very well? Jbrowns saw her in... Cleveland?
Old 01-31-2023, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Looking back it sounds intriguing but not really. Chris has made this statement so many times and nothing happened. In 1984 after her solo album she said it was so fun she was making another one with cover songs. In 1987 in that Tango interview she said she was going to make another one after Tango. During the Dance interview she said she still had a solo album to make. And yes in this interview she says the same.
She always said it but unfortunately it never happened again till 2004.
Her 1984 solo tour dates were fairly extensive for a small tour. Many dates did not sell well. When I saw her the paper said there were only around 500 people in attendance. But no dates were ever cancelled. I applaud Chris or her management or tour promoter who kept it going despite its less than stellar reception. It rolled on by tour bus across the entire USA. A few years ago I posted here a review of Chris's show from 1984. The music reviewer said despite the low attendance it was one of the best concerts that came to Pittsburgh the entire 1984 year.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-31-2023 at 06:15 AM..
Old 01-31-2023, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
But did he vote Republican in 2016? THAT, as they say, would be a horse of a very different color.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But did he vote Republican in 2016? THAT, as they say, would be a horse of a very different color.
Exactly, that's what distinguishes a Republican like John and a Republican like Rick Vito/James Woods
Old 01-31-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The FM men were all searching and fighting for a Madge.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Exactly, that's what distinguishes a Republican like John and a Republican like Rick Vito/James Woods
Rick Vito is a Republican?
Old 01-31-2023, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Rick Vito is a Republican?
I think someone posted here that Rick says Mick never invites him to play anymore because of his politics which are on the far right. I dont follow Rick but I think that has been brought up here many times over the years.
Old 01-31-2023, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is Lindsey the only one who has played Democrat Party fundraisers?
Possibly as a solo. But Lindsey, Mick, and Stevie played a couple of Democratic Party fundraisers for individual initiatives, including Proposition U and Proposition 65, plus the Sanctuary Movement.

Fleetwood Mac played a couple of fundraisers for a Democratic senator in the late 1970s. Apparently, this dude helped a few of them get green cards or permanent residency (?) Birch Bayh was his name.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-31-2023, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Possibly as a solo. But Lindsey, Mick, and Stevie played a couple of Democratic Party fundraisers for individual initiatives, including Proposition U and Proposition 65, plus the Sanctuary Movement.

Fleetwood Mac played a couple of fundraisers for a Democratic senator in the late 1970s. Apparently, this dude helped a few of them get green cards or permanent residency (?) Birch Bayh was his name.
He lost his seat to Dan Quayle.

THE Stephen Hopkins