User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How come? You made me just go check, to make sure I didn't suffer the same fate! Nope, I'm still there.
Did you pee in her Wheaties?
No idea, she added me and then a few weeks later she de-friended me. Actually most FM members dont' actually write back or communicate with people via facebook. The only two that do that I know of are Rick Vito and Bob Welch. Bekka certainly ain't one of them in my experience.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Bekka singing "Gold Dust Woman" made me dislike her
I know, a lot of Stevie fans were offended when Bekka sang GDW so much BETTER than Stevie Nicks.

Sad reality really, Bekka WAS the best vocalist of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I know, a lot of Stevie fans were offended when Bekka sang GDW so much BETTER than Stevie Nicks.

Sad reality really, Bekka WAS the best vocalist of Fleetwood Mac.
I think she easily had the best voice box: she's a real soul belter.

But I find myself having next to no interest in listening to her when I line her up with my favorite Fleetwood Mac vocalists: Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Dave Walker, Chris McVie, Stevie Nicks, Rick Vito.

Give me Rick doing a genuinely moving & believable "I Loved Another Woman" any day over a florid, overdramatic, affected Bekka Bramlett rendition of "Shakin' the Cage" or "Say You Love Me."

I haven't heard Bekka in many years. Maybe she has matured a bunch, & learned to tone it down -- learned the aesthetic value of understatement.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think she easily had the best voice box: she's a real soul belter.

But I find myself having next to no interest in listening to her when I line her up with my favorite Fleetwood Mac vocalists: Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Dave Walker, Chris McVie, Stevie Nicks, Rick Vito.
I think I love you (well not about the no interest in Bekka bit, but about the DW bit!)
Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

As opposed to her OLD married name "Bramlett"??

Her maiden name is O'Farrell.

Plus, her Rosanne character's husband was played by David Crosby.
I guess I did word that strangely! Still, usually if someone famous is well known by a certain last name, they continue to use it or at least hyphenate it. That's why the use of the last name 'Sheridan' seemed out of place to me.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I haven't heard Bekka in many years. Maybe she has matured a bunch, & learned to tone it down -- learned the aesthetic value of understatement.
Oh and yes she has matured a lot since The Zoo album. You would hardly recognise her voice from the Time era. I guess 15 years does that to a young voice. Kind of like Stevie between 1975 and 1990, who would have been of a corresponding age.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt CM ever even met Bekka Bramlett.

RE: BB's rendition of GDW...

It's a completely different version than Stevie's, and I can enjoy both of them for what they are; I don't think one is better than the other, and I don't agree that Bekka could've taught Stevie how to sing her own song. I like Bekka and think she's a fine singer; she and SN are very different vocalists, and there's no need to compare the two at all, IMO.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I think I love you (well not about the no interest in Bekka bit, but about the DW bit!)
I love him too!!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
They obviously met...at least for group photos....well, unless they had photoshop back in '94. The BIG surprise isn't so much seeing Christine & Bekka in the same photo, but seeing Christine & Dave Mason in the same photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fleetwoodmac_1995.jpg (64.9 KB, 41 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Would someone care to enlighten me re: this Christine + Dave Mason friction?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Would someone care to enlighten me re: this Christine + Dave Mason friction?
There was speculation that Christine took Steve Winwood's side in a spat between Winwood and Mason. Mason said there was no animosity between him and Steve though. Here's an interview of Mason's from 2005 where he mentions the Time tour and Winwood:

Sarasota Herald Tribune (FL) Sarasota Herald-Tribune

June 17, 2005

Dave Mason's not feelin' 'alright'
MARTY CLEAR CORRESPONDENT

Dave Mason's coming to town this weekend. But he's not happy about it.

Oh, it's not that he has anything against Sarasota in particular. But after some 40 years of a high-profile career in rock and pop music, Mason just doesn't find any glamour on the road.

"I like playing and I like to keep this band together," Mason said in a phone interview from his California home. "But I don't like the traveling. It was difficult before 9/11, and it's even more difficult now. It's just draining."

Maybe he has a right to be a little cranky. Mason -- who is playing the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall with Mickey Thomas' Starship after illness forced him to cancel a show with Rita Coolidge at the venue last December -- has built a career of almost staggering longevity.

He's written a slew of classic songs, including the oft-covered "Feelin' Alright," and he's been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He's been a member of Traffic, Fleetwood Mac, and Delaney and Bonnie and Friends, and has a respectable solo career.

And he has played the opening acoustic guitar riffs on such monumental records as The Rolling Stones' "Street Fighting Man" and The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "All Along the Watchtower."

But in a lot of people's minds, Mason's a one-hit wonder, the guy who did "We Just Disagree" (No. 12, 1977) -- a song he didn't even write.

Mason came to prominence in the '60s as a founding member of Traffic, one of the most musically adventurous bands of the era. He was in and out of the band through the early 1970s, playing last with an expanded Traffic lineup on the great live LP "Welcome to the Canteen" in 1971.

Meanwhile, he had moved to America in 1969 and began a solo career, starting with "Alone Together," a semi-classic of the era. He's had a string of successful solo albums since then, but he's been all but forgotten at home.

"My solo career is in this country," he said. "I'm not known as a solo artist in England at all."

He also participated in a number of one-time collaborations, including a record with Cass Elliott and a none-too-successful stint with Fleetwood Mac in the mid-1990s, after Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham left and before they came back.

"Christine McVie did the record but wouldn't come on the tour," he said. "It was me and Mick Fleetwood and John McVie with Bonnie Bramlett's daughter (Bekka) and Billy Burnette. It became like a Fleetwood Mac cover band."

Mason said that he had always hoped the original Traffic -- the quartet that also included Steve Winwood, Chris Wood and Mason's boyhood friend Jim Capaldi -- would reunite.

"Steve just didn't want to do it," Mason said.

Wood and Capaldi have died, so obviously a reunion is impossible. But assumptions that Winwood and Mason were hostile toward each other -- assumptions fueled by Mason's failure to perform with his bandmates when Traffic was inducted into the rock hall last year -- just aren't true, he said.

Mason would have loved to play with Traffic again, but the details, which included that he play bass in Traffic during the induction ceremony, couldn't be worked out.

"There were dictates about all sorts of things that I couldn't agree to," he said. "I'm not a bass player. I haven't picked up a bass in years. The dictates came from Winwood's camp. I never got to talk to Steve directly."

So Dave Mason continues to perform solo -- even if he dislikes the travel.

"I tell people that I'm not getting paid to play, I'm getting paid to leave the house," he said.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"Christine McVie did the record but wouldn't come on the tour," he said. "It was me and Mick Fleetwood and John McVie with Bonnie Bramlett's daughter (Bekka) and Billy Burnette. It became like a Fleetwood Mac cover band."
Wow Ouch!!

BTW Love these articles you find Michele!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sadly that was what Mick or the record company made it. The same could clearly have been said for Stevie/Lindsey in 1975 even though Christine was the continuing thread (but then Billy was the continuing thread in the Time band).

Sure, they had to do songs by previous versions of FM, it was expected, but it should have been more about the NEW material not the old.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No idea, she added me and then a few weeks later she de-friended me. Actually most FM members dont' actually write back or communicate with people via facebook. The only two that do that I know of are Rick Vito and Bob Welch. Bekka certainly ain't one of them in my experience.
I think it was on Facebook(or was it here?), but some asshat was causing her much grief, and I think she sort of stopped doing much, although I do get updates from her, maybe once a week.

I think a lot of stars lack the emotion maturity, of dealing with the public criticisms, they can have to deal with, on FB, or even message boards like this one.

Hell, I helped talk Jennifer Nettles out of quitting FB, yesterday!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post

Yeah. In the TIME CD book, there is only 2 pictures of Christine, a closeup, and Chris with Mick and John. Probably even studio sessions were in different dates. If so, that is not even a band! It's a sum of pieces.