User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2023, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The sad thing is she could explore a new direction and make records that really serve her current vocal range really well, instead of hobbling through her pop catalog that is quickly doing her zero favors. I'm sure there are a line of producers who would love to make a record with her, if she was willing to go outside of her comfort zone.
She's such a numbers person, I think she's too embarrassed for a project to sell only 30k copies.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Firstly, THIS.

Secondly, THIS.

Thirdly, THIS.

She's got to be winding it up, and nobody buys records, and she's never been wrong.
so this got me thinking -- COVID had to have given her a small sort of taste of what 'retirement' will be like i.e., no more life on the road and all that. It really seemed to freak her out... but maybe that was because she couldn't replace touring with a substitute i.e., personal travel. We know she hates staying in one place too long. But COVID would have given her a taste of what it's like to not be creating and/or performing any more..... wondering how that went over....
Old 03-23-2023, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so this got me thinking -- COVID had to have given her a small sort of taste of what 'retirement' will be like i.e., no more life on the road and all that. It really seemed to freak her out... but maybe that was because she couldn't replace touring with a substitute i.e., personal travel. We know she hates staying in one place too long. But COVID would have given her a taste of what it's like to not be creating and/or performing any more..... wondering how that went over....
What's sad is that it's the only life she knows.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder why she chose I Sing for the Things, Fall From Grace, and Sara only.

Whole Lotta Trouble, No Spoken Word, and Juliet would be great replacements for Free Fallin', For What It's Worth, and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

"I sing for the things that money can't buy me".
Old 03-25-2023, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
"I sing for the things that money can't buy me".
Is she singing "can't buy me"? In the Las Vegas show video I watched, I didn't hear "can't buy me"
Old 03-25-2023, 11:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is she singing "can't buy me"? In the Las Vegas show video I watched, I didn't hear "can't buy me"
It was recorded by 'Midnight' at Hyde Park and uploaded to YouTube - 'Stevie Nicks Nation'

I just wish that guy wasn't, talking, so loud.
Old 05-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie didn't sing And So It Goes with Billy in Nashville. Sheryl Crow sang Landslide with her. After Landslide Stevie said Sheryl was very close to becoming the only female other than Christine and Stevie to join "one of the most famous bands in the world" and thanked her for almost doing that.

In my mind they would not have made new music with Sheryl had she been permitted to join. It would have been Sheryl just singing Christine's songs in Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sheryl was very close to becoming the only female other than Christine and Stevie to join "one of the most famous bands in the world"
I want to think she meant joining a band with already one female singer in its lineup, so becoming 2 girls in the band again. Otherwise Bekka would be Sue Storm.

Wait! In terms of studio albums, not tours, Time got two female singers. So Bekka is the Invisible Woman to Stevie?
Old 05-21-2023, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I want to think she meant joining a band with already one female singer in its lineup, so becoming 2 girls in the band again. Otherwise Bekka would be Sue Storm.

Wait! In terms of studio albums, not tours, Time got two female singers. So Bekka is the Invisible Woman to Stevie?
The fact is Stevie has a terrible memory. She also said to Sheryl in Nashville that she hadn't sung Landslide with her in 13 years; they sang it together 3 years ago in 2019 at the Ace Hotel Theatre along with Sheryl's Prove You Wrong with Waddy and Steve Jordan.
Old 05-21-2023, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact is Stevie has a terrible memory. She also said to Sheryl in Nashville that she hadn't sung Landslide with her in 13 years; they sang it together 3 years ago in 2019 at the Ace Hotel Theatre along with Sheryl's Prove You Wrong with Waddy and Steve Jordan.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL how ironic. You've got pictures of Christine in the background as you're singing Landslide and then thanking Sheryl for nearly signing on as Christine's replacement. Were the fake tears on display too?

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-22-2023 at 08:15 AM..
Old 05-22-2023, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard her say "buy me" in a clip I watched. I guess she wanted the narcissism to be extra clear.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
LOL how ironic. You've got pictures of Christine in the background as you're singing Landslide and then thanking Sheryl for nearly signing on as Christine's replacement.
That is kind of weird, but I think its inadvertent. If I thought Stevie had the ability to manage all these criss-crossing trains of thought, Id be unnerved by this one. But this has got to be just torrential expressions of all her emotions and memories scrambled up in her egg beater brain and then shared without filters for the crowd.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-24-2023, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That is kind of weird, but I think its inadvertent. If I thought Stevie had the ability to manage all these criss-crossing trains of thought, Id be unnerved by this one. But this has got to be just torrential expressions of all her emotions and memories scrambled up in her egg beater brain and then shared without filters for the crowd.
I agree. As weird as it is, it probably wasn't intentional at all.