User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2023, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’m as judgmental of Stevie as anyone and in particular her stale ass set lists. But props to her literally debuting a revamped version of a song from a 37 year old album that has never been performed before. It would not be my choice at all but I like the idea of doing this. She has a lot of albums and songs that are forgotten to the masses.
I agree there could have been other choices for songs that we've all wanted to hear for years. But I think given the state of her current voice, it was refreshing to hear a bit of a deeper unknown song from a past album. I think she did the song more justice than the album version.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry but I just don't hear a whole ton of difference between this version and the RAL version... I was hoping for the bouncy piano from WH the way she was going on about it and how bad the recorded RAL version was.....but nope.

Interesting no gloves onstage... has she been gloveless for the whole tour so far??

I can't explain why, but I'm getting the feeling that she won't tour again after this.... she so wanted to tour during Covid time and was vocal about her resentment at losing those couple years... I feel like she's touring now because $$$ and also to somehow "go out on top".... But who knows. Maybe she'll want to headline one more time after this....

Her voice shows the effects of age but it also feels like the effects of not singing for several years. Like how Chris's voice diminished with age and lack of touring (albeit no live singing for way longer than Stevie). Given the state of Stevie's voice on this tour....I personally don't see her doing many more. Maybe that one more headliner and that's it..... just special appearances and such, like she's done with her recording....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-16-2023 at 09:57 PM..
Old 03-17-2023, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am surprised at the surprise of many that she did this song. Its a surprise in the sense of any new song in her set is a surprise. But I Sing For The Things is one of the tiny few songs on RAL that she wrote. Of course going over her albums this would be one to showcase since its never been done before and is from the RAL era. Her other songs she regularly performed live from RAL are also songs she wrote (No Spoken Word, HAEWAFY). Its also on 2 studio albums (RAL and Wild Heart reissue).
I applaud her for adding a deep track but when you think about it, it would not be a surprise. Why would she perform a deep track from an album she does not like and did not write? She would have to bring in drum machines for many other RAL tracks.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened to a couple of songs, and I was very pleasantly surprised..
I thought she sounded better than of late.
Bit more melodic.
And I like the little black trainer things, they look far better than seeing her stumble around on her platforms.
Why does she wear a uniform. Beyond me.

One thing I do not like ? The hair, it’s dreadful.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Bit more melodic.
And I like the little black trainer things, they look far better than seeing her stumble around on her platforms.

The hair makes her look so old and unkempt. It’s up there with some of her awful late 80’s hair
Old 03-17-2023, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also think this might be the last tour. Or at least the beginning of the end. I think it should be. How long can you keep going as you get older and without any new music. I'm so glad she did I Sing for the Things. Surprised us all.

I'd like to see her do a book. If not about her life than a book on her art or photographs, or her clothes and hair thru the years. I think she needs to keep busy to feel young, but I don't know how much more touring her voice and body can take.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 03-17-2023, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I also think this might be the last tour. Or at least the beginning of the end. I think it should be. How long can you keep going as you get older and without any new music. I'm so glad she did I Sing for the Things. Surprised us all.

I'd like to see her do a book. If not about her life than a book on her art or photographs, or her clothes and hair thru the years. I think she needs to keep busy to feel young, but I don't know how much more touring her voice and body can take.
She loves the road. If she retires, I see her announcing a farewell tour. I bet she has another tour before her final tour. She still packs them in. They may not be long tours but if health is still good, she has several years left IMHO. Lots of acts have not recorded new music longer than her and tour every summer. She will be playing all the hits until final curtain call.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post

I think she'll keep touring until the very end. Moving around from place to place was how she was raised, so that won't ever change. I could see her publishing a coffee table style book of her art and poetry, but not an autobiography.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I could see her publishing a coffee table style book of her art and poetry, but not an autobiography.
Can you imagine an autobiography? It wouldn't be 5% truth.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see this tour as the end. I think it's the beginning of the end. I think I've summed up the rest of her career with these questions:

1. Will she create 1 maybe 2 more albums, one being something brand new and the other being another 24-karat-esque style album?

2. Will she announce a farewell tour and call it off as far as "touring" goes, but could still
do shows like Billy Joel does at MSG but Stevie does it in Vegas or something until she's tired of it...

3. Will hell freeze over and she and LB make amends and do one more final fleetwood mac farewell and end it on a less than sour note? I understand that it's over-over with Chris being gone, but even if it's just for a handful of shows I think Stevie could swallow her ego and give it to the fans one last time so they can say goodbye somewhat properly. I think there's a 5% chance of this happening, btw.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Bit more melodic.

I have mixed feelings on the hair.

On one hand I was like omg wow look at her hair, she's doing something different for a change.

Then the more I look at it, the more I think of Timespace Tour Stevie hair and the Street Angel Tour hair, and I'm like gurl, no. Stop it.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 shows postponed for Covid. SF and Sac….
Old 03-22-2023, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
I don't see this tour as the end. I think it's the beginning of the end. I think I've summed up the rest of her career with these questions:

1. Will she create 1 maybe 2 more albums, one being something brand new and the other being another 24-karat-esque style album?

2. Will she announce a farewell tour and call it off as far as "touring" goes, but could still
do shows like Billy Joel does at MSG but Stevie does it in Vegas or something until she's tired of it...

3. Will hell freeze over and she and LB make amends and do one more final fleetwood mac farewell and end it on a less than sour note? I understand that it's over-over with Chris being gone, but even if it's just for a handful of shows I think Stevie could swallow her ego and give it to the fans one last time so they can say goodbye somewhat properly. I think there's a 5% chance of this happening, btw.
Ok I'll bite...

1. No

2. Maybe... to the doing one last tour but don't see her doing a residency anywhere....but who knows

3. No. it'd be like admitting she was wrong, or like admitting she was petty and she will not do either.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Ok I'll bite...

1. No

2. Maybe... to the doing one last tour but don't see her doing a residency anywhere....but who knows

3. No. it'd be like admitting she was wrong, or like admitting she was petty and she will not do either.
Firstly, THIS.

Secondly, THIS.

Thirdly, THIS.

She's got to be winding it up, and nobody buys records, and she's never been wrong.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The sad thing is she could explore a new direction and make records that really serve her current vocal range really well, instead of hobbling through her pop catalog that is quickly doing her zero favors. I'm sure there are a line of producers who would love to make a record with her, if she was willing to go outside of her comfort zone.