Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Where's the BEST town to see Lindsey

Hi... I'm new to posting on this message board but I have been reading it daily for... hmmm.. a while....
So... Where would be the best city to see LB? When his last tour announced the dates there weren't any FL dates, I even called his mgmt to make sure they were not coming down here... They assured me that it was NEVER going to happen..... Soooo I went to Denver for the day to see his show... the Denver audience was great! Pretty much on their feet and completely enjoying LB. Since I was by myself, everyone around me were very welcoming and couldn't believe that I came all the way from S. Fla to see him.... Well, OF COURSE I would! To spend a room full of people not asking, "who's she?" AAHHHH...Heaven....
Well, needless to say, LB came to Ft. Laud and of course, I saw him again! But the mood was, shall I say, a little more somber? (maybe it was that the bar closed after the show started?) I don't think anyone even stood up for I Know I'm Not Wrong! EEKKKK!

So again... which city would be the best city to see LB?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Hi... I'm new to posting on this message board but I have been reading it daily for... hmmm.. a while....
So... Where would be the best city to see LB? When his last tour announced the dates there weren't any FL dates, I even called his mgmt to make sure they were not coming down here... They assured me that it was NEVER going to happen..... Soooo I went to Denver for the day to see his show... the Denver audience was great! Pretty much on their feet and completely enjoying LB. Since I was by myself, everyone around me were very welcoming and couldn't believe that I came all the way from S. Fla to see him.... Well, OF COURSE I would! To spend a room full of people not asking, "who's she?" AAHHHH...Heaven....
Well, needless to say, LB came to Ft. Laud and of course, I saw him again! But the mood was, shall I say, a little more somber? (maybe it was that the bar closed after the show started?) I don't think anyone even stood up for I Know I'm Not Wrong! EEKKKK!

So again... which city would be the best city to see LB?
Boston! (extra characters)
Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Northampton is to Massachusetts what Castro is to San fran.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
So... Where would be the best city to see LB?
I'm going to say San Francisco. He's from the area, and there's always a handful of his family members in the audience.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I'm going to say San Francisco. He's from the area, and there's always a handful of his family members in the audience.
I think it's easier to perform in front of strangers than people you know.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK-
Based on my opinions of the Northeast shows I attended last time, I would say--bar none--nothing beat the Philly crowd. They were with him every single step of the way, from the moment he walked on that stage. Enthusiastic, energetic and alive. GREAT audience.

And, I'm a New Yorker. So, there is no hometown prejudice.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I think it's easier to perform in front of strangers than people you know.
I agree- that's one of the reasons why I said SF. There's nothing worse than attending a concert where everyone is on autopilot.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would think they get most riled up for the shows where their peers are going to be, because they want to make the best impression. Those are the shows where the critic reviews will mean the most too. So, I say the best place to see someone is NY or L.A.

Michele
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would think they get most riled up for the shows where their peers are going to be, because they want to make the best impression. Those are the shows where the critic reviews will mean the most too. So, I say the best place to see someone is NY or L.A.

Michele
Yes, this is absolutely true- for just about every act, really.

For example, the first Rosemont (Chicago) show on the SYW tour was performed with noticeably much more energy and enthusiasm than their other shows in the region (Grand Rapids, Moline, etc.) in the week or so prior.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wrong! I am from Los Angeles - and every musician makes a big deal out of how L.A. audiences are notoriously bad!
Because there are so many music industry comps there are people who are not there for the "right" reason and are completely disinterested. Also, because we are able to see sooooooo many shows - there is a tendency to get a "jaded" crowd.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

C H I C A G O (preferably at PARK WEST!!!!)
Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know people are gonna think I'm nuts, but I saw Lindsey in Des Moines last year at a cool old 50's style ballroom. It had great atmosphere people were packed in, and the show rocked! Also, everyone knows about the Asheville show. To a man, EVERYONE I talk to that was at that show and some others as well as Lindsey's entire crew all said in unison that show was easily the best of the tour.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I know people are gonna think I'm nuts, but I saw Lindsey in Des Moines last year at a cool old 50's style ballroom. It had great atmosphere people were packed in, and the show rocked! Also, everyone knows about the Asheville show. To a man, EVERYONE I talk to that was at that show and some others as well as Lindsey's entire crew all said in unison that show was easily the best of the tour.
Well, heck. I want to see the Biltmore estate anyway. So, I'll go to Asheville.

Michele
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Something just tells me Asheville is a great place to see a concert. I follow a few bands on messageboards and it's always the Asheville concerts that have the most excitement leading up to them and then the most chatting about how awesome they were afterwards!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

San Diego!
He loves us!
He played so many songs, it was not even funny, but soo cool!