Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://twitter.com/BeltwayGreg/stat...24059044732930

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i bought those side tix next to Chris on drops day of on Fleetwood Mac's final tour back in 2015. they were $50 more than they are now, interestingly. actually, the section that dropped today was all sold out back in 2015, it was that section further towards the side (the one that starts at row F or something like that) that dropped the day of the show in 2015. those tix haven't dropped yet today and i suspect they probably won't even be on sale since these currently available won't sell. i would have bought these side stage tix on a drop today if LB was still with the band.

needless to say - of course i'm sitting out. i wouldn't go even if someone got me in for free. his heart attack makes it even worse.

i last saw Chris up close and personal 10+ times on BuckVie tour in 2017, i'm good. if she gets together with Lindsey again - IF he ever tours again - then i'll get to see her again.

i hope DC reviewers will have the integrity like the several recent ones had (not sure why those very balanced critical reviews are not posted in this forum) to actually review the show and not just paste the text provided by the band publicists.
I hadn't checked the current band's set list in a while. As previously stated, my main reason for sitting out was what the band did to Lindsey. But I'll admit that the opening night setlist was tempting.

Fast forward to today, they've dropped all of the interesting songs that a long-time fan would want to hear... Hypnotized, Isn't It Midnight, Storms, Tell Me All The Things You Do. It's unbelievable. Especially after the shot Stevie took at Lindsey about playing those songs, and of course the band's statement when they fired him:

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac issued a collective statement about the news, saying: “We are thrilled to welcome the musical talents of the caliber of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn into the Mac family. With Mike and Neil, we’ll be performing all the hits that the fans love, plus we’ll be surprising our audiences with some tracks from our historic catalogue of songs. Fleetwood Mac has always been a creative evolution. We look forward to honoring that spirit on this upcoming tour.”
Old 03-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i bought those side tix next to Chris on drops day of on Fleetwood Mac's final tour back in 2015. they were $50 more than they are now, interestingly. actually, the section that dropped today was all sold out back in 2015, it was that section further towards the side (the one that starts at row F or something like that) that dropped the day of the show in 2015. those tix haven't dropped yet today and i suspect they probably won't even be on sale since these currently available won't sell. i would have bought these side stage tix on a drop today if LB was still with the band.
The floodgates have opened up on the sides of the stage... An even better section than the one I was referring to earlier.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
The floodgates have opened up on the sides of the stage... An even better section than the one I was referring to earlier.
oh wow. i also just got a stubhub email and clicked on it - there's row 5 orchestra floor for $215. scalpers are definitely losing money on this tour, at least looking at today's show.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Their show in my city, in April, is still 75% unsold.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Their show in my city, in April, is still 75% unsold.
fm tickets availability.png

lots still to sell........
Old 03-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Attachment 13167

lots still to sell........
Maybe it won’t sell out. At this point, it’s already been a successful tour, so it would only be an unusual blip.

THE Stephen Hopkins