User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Fm Band To Attend Funeral

Straight out

Will/Should/Are/Should They, Attend Bob's Funeral Service if and when it happens?

I would think it would be polite and respectful to go.

Any thoughts?

OF the current line up

Mick
John
Christine ALL SHOULD go

LB & SN, Wild Cards

thoughts, gut feelings ?
Old 06-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Out of all of them I would say Mick would probably attend, maybe John. Has Christine ever left England since moving back there from LA after the Dance? I doubt Stevie and Lindsey will attend.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they all should go if possible he was part of Fleetwood Mac and did leave his mark on the band out of respect they all should go everyone that was in fleetwood mac should attend he was family.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I think they all should go if possible he was part of Fleetwood Mac and did leave his mark on the band out of respect they all should go everyone that was in fleetwood mac should attend he was family.
I can't see Christine going, and I am not sure John will.

Christine went to NY very briefly when she was promoting her solo album in 2004, but that was apparently under duresss. I can't see her flying out to the US for the funeral of someone, rightly or wrongly, that she had stopped communicating with in the early 90s and had really lost all contact with.

I think that John and Bob never really 'made up' after the lawsuit. I can't imagine John attending.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Danny Kirwan played quite some time with Bob Welch. Perhaps someone (Mick?) could persuade him to go????
Old 06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Danny Kirwan played quite some time with Bob Welch. Perhaps someone (Mick?) could persuade him to go????
They fell out horrendously badly though back in the day.

Plus, I think Danny is sadly beyond making journeys anywhere now, isn't he?

Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I give Mick a 50/50 shot of going. He did attend Judy Wong's interment, after all. And the Mac truly has always been his family & life. I wouldn't think he'd hold it against Bob that Bob had sued the band a couple decades back.

As for the rest of the band, I just don't think so. They have routinely snubbed Bob for the past 2 decades (they won't agree to see him even when it was asking for help for his ailing wife, denied his inclusion into the Rock Hall Of Fame, etc). If any of them showed up at his funeral (sans Mick), it would probably just come across as a slap on the face to Wendy Welch.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see Mick and Stevie, and maybe Burnette, Vito, and Bramlett going if they can.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

is there some rule how long after death is the funeral (average length of time i guess)? if it would be next week, i don't see Lindsey canceling a number of his shows to go (i hope he doesn't!) - he has shows lined up for the next 5 days - tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and then 1 day break, with more shows on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. all East Coast.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I see Mick and Stevie, and maybe Burnette, Vito, and Bramlett going if they can.
I can see the latter three going, since they all live in Nashville(I'm not 100% positive about Billy living there, but I know Rick and Bekka do).
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
is there some rule how long after death is the funeral (average length of time i guess)? if it would be next week, i don't see Lindsey canceling a number of his shows to go (i hope he doesn't!) - he has shows lined up for the next 5 days - tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and then 1 day break, with more shows on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. all East Coast.
I think it depends on people's beliefs. Some religions dictate that a funeral should take place mere hours after death. It's all relative. If it's a case of cancelling shows, then I doubt that Lindsey would do that. He'd maybe make some kind of token gesture, but attendance is doubtful unless the funeral is quite a few days away.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I suppose Mick, John, and why not Stevie. I don't think Lindsey, because he's touring.
Can't see the last members (Vito, Burnette, Bramlett or Mason) going, but could be a good sign from them if they go.
And Christine and Danny...I think they will continue with their "anonymity"...
Regards.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I give Mick a 50/50 shot of going. He did attend Judy Wong's interment, after all. And the Mac truly has always been his family & life. I wouldn't think he'd hold it against Bob that Bob had sued the band a couple decades back.

As for the rest of the band, I just don't think so. They have routinely snubbed Bob for the past 2 decades (they won't agree to see him even when it was asking for help for his ailing wife, denied his inclusion into the Rock Hall Of Fame, etc). If any of them showed up at his funeral (sans Mick), it would probably just come across as a slap on the face to Wendy Welch.
I'm not so sure....see the link I posted in the other thread about Bob's death.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy & Bob played together locally in Nashville a few times...Bob has photographic evidence on his website. I'd definitely say that the "Nashville Mac" members would most likely attend...but, that's even if there's a public ceremony.

Wendy might just keep it to the immediate family (Bob's sister, niece & nephew, etc)...but, then, that's just wild speculation on my part.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the thread title and assumed the band had the told the press that they planned to attend Welch's funeral. Funny way to word the title. I'd like to think that Stevie, Mick, and John attend the funeral. Maybe Chris, too. I don't see Lindsey doing so.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 06-08-2012 at 09:04 PM..