The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like The Ledge lost a very special person.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default RIP, our Ledgie friend Bruce (rbs3676)

I am very sorry Livia to hear about your friend Bruce, Our fellow Ledgie Fleetwood Mac fan passing away.My condolences and prayers I am sending out to for Bruce and you and his family etc.RIP Bruce
Old 10-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a loss to our community and his family/friends. i'll be thinking of you, livia, and his family as well.

i mean, not to be nosey (i'm sure they're on top of it) but he was pretty young, no? how did he just "pass away in his sleep"?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh Livia I am so sorry. Big hugs to you. May he rest in peace.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

I am very sorry, Livia. My condolences.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Livia, I am so sorry to hear about Bruce's passing. You have been such a kind person to me, that any friend of yours, must have been special. I know that you are going to miss him terribly.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, everyone. Here's the obituary link:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/san...&pid=146132145
Old 10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't really remember him, but I'm really sorry to hear about his passing. My condolences to the family & friends...

Lee
Old 10-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Registered

I am wondering if close friends of rbs, or moderators would think this is a good idea or not: I'd be very interested to see a new thread of selected writings of rbs collected in one place here for us to remember him through his words in the wake of his passing. I think it might have appealed to him to know there were archived words of his others could enjoy at this sad time. To those who never knew him, they may understand who he was during his too-short time with us. It's also nice to remember people by what they enjoyed, and I think he enjoyed writing in these forums and in others.
I am a little unsure, but I seem to remember pleasant back and forth with him on the old AOL music message boards in the late 1990s. If I'm correct that's where I first remember him from, there likely is no archive of those old AOL boards, but I seem to recall we had some similar musical influences, specifically Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac, but some other performers, as well.
I will do a search on The Ledge, because I'm sure there must be some messages here from him.
It would be a nice memorial; I think, to remember someone as they were in life, all gathered in one thread, after they're gone, to help soothe the horrible loss Livia is feeling.
We have the ability to still 'hear' him exactly in his own words, as he wanted to say it at the time.
My condolences to Livia and to his friends and family. RIP, rbs. (Kolya)
Old 10-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Livia, sorry I am getting to this thread late, but I am truly sorry for your loss. I never had the pleasure of meeting Bruce, but I know of him from here, and like I said in the other thread, we are all friends and family in this fan community.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There aren't that many people around on this forum who were posting in the glory days when Bruce was a prominent and frequent fixture. I don't post anymore myself, but feel it important to express my sadness at the loss of such a great guy. Anyone who did not know him missed a great experience.

Bruce was thoughtful, funny, intelligent and kind. His sense of humor was contagious and his taste in music was world class. He always had something to add to any exchange and he had an innate sense of how to make people feel important and valued. That is one of the many reasons he was a great friend. Because he had been a Stevie fan from the very beginning, it was impossible to toss an arcane and ridiculous Stevie quote at him and not have it understood. He heard all the Innerviews back in the the day, and sat rapt and hypnotized like we all did by our radios at midnight, hanging on her every word. But since he was such a long time fan, he also realized how silly she could be and would always get the joke. You could make a crack about drownding in the sea or needing to tell Jim Ladd to cut the tape so you could cut out another rail while on the phone with him and he would just howl with laughter. There aren't many people in the world who share those kinds of things.

Beyond simply understanding the long time Stevie knowledge, Bruce was sensitive and understanding about much deeper things and a conversation with him could run the gamut. I spent quite a few late nights on the phone with him rambling on and on about concert experiences, bad dates, the silliness of the ledge, and whatever else was going on in life at the time. It doesn't matter that I was never lucky enough to meet him in person. We had a great connection and I felt like I knew him for much longer than I did.

Many of us luck out with making great friendships that started out just because of a mutual interest in Stevie. You run across a lot of crazy, but you can also discover some people that you feel like you have known forever. Bruce was one of those people for me. I can hardly believe he is gone. For so many reasons. Like anyone you care about and lose, there seems so much left unsaid. So many things left undone. I had always planned on making a trip to San Antonio, seeing a show together, or getting him to come to LA for a weekend Stevie fest. It rattles my sense of reality to know that these things will never happen.

Anyone who knew Bruce was very lucky. He brought a lot to this world.
It is a darker place without him.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very sorry to hear this.

- Jake
Old 10-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit View Post
Very sorry to hear this.

- Jake
As am I. How very sad. Livia - I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry to hear this, Livia. Very sorry for you & Bruce's family & friends.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gosh...I've only just seen this! So sorry to hear of Bruce's passing...RIP