User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
that Bengie helped the Giant starters to master their trade, so it will indeed be interesting.

As for Bengie, here is a link to my favorite Rangers broadcast moment of the year - Featuring Bengie Melina at Fenway on July 16th of this year (With FSW announcers Josh Lewin and Tom "Mr.Ranger" Grieve), watching Bengie running the bases for a triple has the best announcing dialog EVER:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9969169
That made me smile! The way he looked not sliding into 3rd was priceless. I thought he'd have a heart attack right there!

And speaking of your starters, just wondering if you now think Cliff will be sticking around? I agree he struggled when he went to Texas, but, obviously he's a keeper. If the Yankees get him I'll cry. I think Yankee stadium is bad for him though, since he gives up some long balls, and it's a pint-sized, wind tunnel-blowin' stadium. I hope you guys keep him - or trade him back to us - LOL.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
That made me smile! The way he looked not sliding into 3rd was priceless. I thought he'd have a heart attack right there!

And speaking of your starters, just wondering if you now think Cliff will be sticking around? I agree he struggled when he went to Texas, but, obviously he's a keeper. If the Yankees get him I'll cry. I think Yankee stadium is bad for him though, since he gives up some long balls, and it's a pint-sized, wind tunnel-blowin' stadium. I hope you guys keep him - or trade him back to us - LOL.
there's no telling where Cliff Lee will be in 2011, but I am sure the Rangers new ownership will be very helpful to keep him from leaving after this year with a good contract, because everyone knows the Yanks are sure as hell going to try to lure him away.

But as of now I am sure he will be a Ranger in 2011.

That night game at Fenway was great, Bengie got introduced to the 'Antlers' real quick with his 'ripping of the time-space continuum' cycle:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ace-continuum/

Bengie Molina hits for cycle, creates rip in time-space continuum

We have witnessed many unlikely events already this season — Stephen Strasburg striking out 14 in his major league debut, four no-hitters, two perfect games, one almost perfect game, the first-place San Diego Padres and the National League actually winning an All-Star Game — but I can say without hesitation that Bengie Molina‘s cycle against the Red Sox on Friday night was the most improbable of them all.

Molina was already 3-for-3 with a single, a double and a go-ahead grand slam when he came up to the plate in the top of the eighth inning. That’s a great night by anybody’s standards, but Molina wasn’t done. He proceeded to crank a long drive to distant center field, not far from where he hit his grand slam in the fifth inning. After the ball ricocheted off Eric Patterson‘s glove and into Fenway’s famous nook in right center field, the notoriously slow-footed Molina legged out his sixth career triple and successfully completed the first cycle by a catcher since Chad Moeller on April 27, 2004.

Even more incredible, Molina is the eighth player and the first catcher to hit a grand slam and complete the cycle in the same game. It happened.

If you haven’t seen it already, I recommend watching the video footage here.

Here’s what Molina told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com:

“This means a lot,” Molina said. “I’m not a stats guy; everybody who
knows me knows that. That’s an individual thing, but being one of the
slowest guys in the world, and being criticized for it all my career, to
be able to do something like that really makes me feel good.

The fact that Molina was forced to leave the game immediately after the triple with a tight right quadriceps is rather appropriate. It’s like he was punished for messing with the cosmos or something.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
If nothing else, Seattle is definitely patient I feel good about him, and his chances of success here.
I'm not sure what to think of the Eric Wedge signing. Hopefully he will be able to get things under control in that clubhouse. YOu know the big elephant in the room is Ichiro. Yes he is a hall of fame player(first ballot in my opinion) but there have been more than a few rumblings that his 3 favorite words are I, me, and mine.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there's no telling where Cliff Lee will be in 2011, but I am sure the Rangers new ownership will be very helpful to keep him from leaving after this year with a good contract, because everyone knows the Yanks are sure as hell going to try to lure him away.

But as of now I am sure he will be a Ranger in 2011.

That night game at Fenway was great, Bengie got introduced to the 'Antlers' real quick with his 'ripping of the time-space continuum' cycle:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ace-continuum/

Bengie Molina hits for cycle, creates rip in time-space continuum

We have witnessed many unlikely events already this season — Stephen Strasburg striking out 14 in his major league debut, four no-hitters, two perfect games, one almost perfect game, the first-place San Diego Padres and the National League actually winning an All-Star Game — but I can say without hesitation that Bengie Molina‘s cycle against the Red Sox on Friday night was the most improbable of them all.

Molina was already 3-for-3 with a single, a double and a go-ahead grand slam when he came up to the plate in the top of the eighth inning. That’s a great night by anybody’s standards, but Molina wasn’t done. He proceeded to crank a long drive to distant center field, not far from where he hit his grand slam in the fifth inning. After the ball ricocheted off Eric Patterson‘s glove and into Fenway’s famous nook in right center field, the notoriously slow-footed Molina legged out his sixth career triple and successfully completed the first cycle by a catcher since Chad Moeller on April 27, 2004.

Even more incredible, Molina is the eighth player and the first catcher to hit a grand slam and complete the cycle in the same game. It happened.

If you haven’t seen it already, I recommend watching the video footage here.

Here’s what Molina told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com:

“This means a lot,” Molina said. “I’m not a stats guy; everybody who
knows me knows that. That’s an individual thing, but being one of the
slowest guys in the world, and being criticized for it all my career, to
be able to do something like that really makes me feel good.

The fact that Molina was forced to leave the game immediately after the triple with a tight right quadriceps is rather appropriate. It’s like he was punished for messing with the cosmos or something.
That's a great article I watched the video again today. He's so darn cute when he does the little antlers thing after his double. Just adorable. If I didn't already like him, I'm pretty sure that would have made me a fan!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'm not sure what to think of the Eric Wedge signing. Hopefully he will be able to get things under control in that clubhouse. YOu know the big elephant in the room is Ichiro. Yes he is a hall of fame player(first ballot in my opinion) but there have been more than a few rumblings that his 3 favorite words are I, me, and mine.
There was a collective groan in Seattle after Eric Wedge was announced. Most were hoping for Bobby Valentine. So, the jury is definitely still out. We're told he's kind of a hard-ass, and we probably need that. Babying these babies hasn't worked, that's for sure! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Yeah, Ichiro is a different kind of guy. As long as he's been here, I don't feel like we know him that well, you know? Griffey seemed to genuinely like him, but most players don't say much about him at all. Most in the organization just ( rightfully ) praise his talent, but you never really hear what a great guy he is. The exception to that is HOF announcer Dave Niehaus. Like Griffey, he seems to genuinely like Ichiro, and that goes a long way in my book. Niehaus is as class a guy as there is. Period. Still, If Ichiro doesn't get along with someone ( Mike Hargrove ) that someone isn't going to be around too long, 'cause if Ichi ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy!

On the other hand, Ichiro is a perfectionist and obviously very disciplined. Something lacking in this org. ( Figgins, Betencourt, etc... ) Obviously we've had plenty of under achievers, so it's not the best mix

Man, my M's need help...

BTW, David, my son ( he's 12 ) is a big Red Sox fan. He's even a member of Kid Nation! He was 6 in 2004, and was always a baseball fan ( and player ), but he really followed the Sox that year, and of course, became a huge Ortiz and Ramirez fan, as most kids did. Winning the WS was icing on the cake. We always go to the Red Sox games when they're at Safeco, and he's absolutely in heaven surrounded by so many of his Nation! One of these days I hope to take him to Fenway ( atop the green monster of course ). He'd love it...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Gotta give the Giants credit...

they capitalized on the errors that the Rangers made tonight, and turned those errors into runs in their 11-7 win.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they capitalized on the errors that the Rangers made tonight, and turned those errors into runs in their 11-7 win.
Safe to bet we won't see Vlad Guerrero in RF again? Almost felt bad for the dude.

I love a game with a lot of runs, but I don't love when they're the result of sloppy fielding. Still, was an exciting game and Freddy Sanchez, you go, dude!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gigantes!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool A few times this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
Safe to bet we won't see Vlad Guerrero in RF again? Almost felt bad for the dude.
I remember when Vlad was in the field he didn't make mistakes like he did last night.

The Rangers bullpen is imploding

Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember when Vlad was in the field he didn't make mistakes like he did last night.

The Rangers bullpen is imploding
Seriously. Really felt for CJ Wilson tonight, he pitched a good game and it just went to hell once the bullpen got involved. Granted, there were no bats from the Rangers to back it up either. Reminded me of the Yankees in the ALCS!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont understand the Rangers. Its not over but they are playing like ****. DIdnt see this coming at all.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I dont understand the Rangers. Its not over but they are playing like ****. DIdnt see this coming at all.
**** is right. It's hard to watch.
But they can come back. I hope the home crowd will inspire them...
Old 10-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Well...

unless the Rangers can pull a series comeback ala the 1979 Pirates, I think it's safe to say the Giants are going to win this series.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
unless the Rangers can pull a series comeback ala the 1979 Pirates, I think it's safe to say the Giants are going to win this series.

I am SO EXCITED. There aren't words. My parents have season tickets so they've been at all the home games. Feels weird to not be home for this.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 10-31-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Old 10-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Miracles happen all the time in baseball... though realistically your boys aren't looking so good. Dang, they're so much better than they are playing right now