User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
most people don't think they liked each other outside the music...

i remember her saying Lindsey would do anything for her... and that she felt him a brother..
Yes, I remember that. I think she was asked if she loved them and she said yes (although she wasn't all that eager about saying it), that she guessed you could say it was love and that Lindsey was difficult, but she knows he would do anything for her.

Look, Lindsey loves the studio and Mick and Christine were both in there with him. Being left with just John and Stevie who can't wait to leave has got to be a downer for him.

I've said before how much I love that tour tape when Mick and Christine were arguing. They were just playing, but I don't think Lindsey knew they were kidding around. Mick was telling Christine to go ahead and throw his drink at him and Christine did and Lindsey was sort of hovering around, behind Chris. I got the feeling that he was waiting to rescue her if it turned out that she and Mick really were fighting.

Michele
Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I remember that. I think she was asked if she loved them and she said yes (although she wasn't all that eager about saying it), that she guessed you could say it was love and that Lindsey was difficult, but she knows he would do anything for her.

Look, Lindsey loves the studio and Mick and Christine were both in there with him. Being left with just John and Stevie who can't wait to leave has got to be a downer for him.

I've said before how much I love that tour tape when Mick and Christine were arguing. They were just playing, but I don't think Lindsey knew they were kidding around. Mick was telling Christine to go ahead and throw his drink at him and Christine did and Lindsey was sort of hovering around, behind Chris. I got the feeling that he was waiting to rescue her if it turned out that she and Mick really were fighting.

Michele

hahahaha.... where is this i want to see it.... (i guess that one got by me)
Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hahahaha.... where is this i want to see it.... (i guess that one got by me)
Do you have these bootleg back stage videos. I have 2 of them on VHS. They say "Japan Tour". And it's just a lot of backstage footage strung together, unedited.

At one point, they are all coming into the dressing room from offstage and Mick and Christine were gnawing at each other and Christine says, "I ought to throw my drink at you" and Mick says, "go ahead. Go ahead and do it. Go ahead." Well, even though he was kind of roaring it, they were just playing, but Lindsey came up behind them and he looked a bit worried and he lingered there. Christine did throw her drink on Mick and he was happy about it. He just laughed.

Actually, I think Stevie passed them first and Christine was chewing Mick out (but not genuinely angry at all) and Stevie just repeated everything that Christine was saying back at Mick. Then, Stevie walked away and that's when Lindsey walked up and he wasn't quite sure what was going on between Mick and Chris.

Michele
Old 09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you have these bootleg back stage videos. I have 2 of them on VHS. They say "Japan Tour". And it's just a lot of backstage footage strung together, unedited.

At one point, they are all coming into the dressing room from offstage and Mick and Christine were gnawing at each other and Christine says, "I ought to throw my drink at you" and Mick says, "go ahead. Go ahead and do it. Go ahead." Well, even though he was kind of roaring it, they were just playing, but Lindsey came up behind them and he looked a bit worried and he lingered there. Christine did throw her drink on Mick and he was happy about it. He just laughed.

Actually, I think Stevie passed them first and Christine was chewing Mick out (but not genuinely angry at all) and Stevie just repeated everything that Christine was saying back at Mick. Then, Stevie walked away and that's when Lindsey walked up and he wasn't quite sure what was going on between Mick and Chris.

Michele
That little episode is on Youtube. I think you just have to type in Crazy Mac or something like that

Gail
Old 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Michele
hahahah ... Nobody messed with her!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
That little episode is on Youtube. I think you just have to type in Crazy Mac or something like that

Gail
You know the sound on youtube is better than the sound on my VHS. It's very cute the way Christine and Stevie were complimenting each other's performances. Christine says, "It's a pity about you."

And Stevie says, "It's a pity you weren't any good."

Very nice. It's funny though, because all Stevie does throughout most of these conversations is repeat what the other person has said like a parrot.

I want German wine.

Michele
Old 09-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know the sound on youtube is better than the sound on my VHS. It's very cute the way Christine and Stevie were complimenting each other's performances. Christine says, "It's a pity about you."

And Stevie says, "It's a pity you weren't any good."

Very nice. It's funny though, because all Stevie does throughout most of these conversations is repeat what the other person has said like a parrot.

I want German wine.

Michele
Not to be mean, but Stevie was probably high as a kite and couldn't put a rational thought together, thus she parrotted everything everyone else was saying!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
That was a fine complement--and a well-earned one. This might be the warmest text I've ever read from Lindsey. He seems genuinely nostalgic about England!
fine complement, and interesting info.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still contend that people read too much into what any of them say. Chris and Lindsey were never pals, but they had a working chemistry and a mutual respect for one another.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I still contend that people read too much into what any of them say. Chris and Lindsey were never pals, but they had a working chemistry and a mutual respect for one another.
You don't think they went shopping together and shared each other's diaries? Darn it!

What I think is, like it or not, when forced to spend that much time together, a familial relationship develops. I think they all grew to love each other just like you love your siblings. Now often, having been raised the same way, you love your siblings because you have common values and personalities. The Macsters didn't have this. Sometimes though, you just love your brothers and sisters because of your shared experiences and constant proximity. I think Lindsey and Christine had that, combined with their musical chemistry and affinity.

Michele
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Lindsey and Christine had that, combined with their musical chemistry and affinity.
We should try to analyze their musical chemistry, just for fun.

I'm totally not sure about it at this stage, but I would need to give it more thought.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We ledgies are thinking more about their chemistry than they are. Right now Christine is probably chasing ducks from her kitchen.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
We should try to analyze their musical chemistry, just for fun.

I'm totally not sure about it at this stage, but I would need to give it more thought.
Let's start with World Turning...

Often people tell me that they never knew it was co-written, or even that it was two different singers... until I make them listen closely....

They instantly sounded like each other...
Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Often people tell me that they never knew it was co-written, or even that it was two different singers... until I make them listen closely....

They really sound like each other most of the time when they duet. You take something like Hold Me and it's hard to tell where one begins and the other ends. As far as what he does with the guitar that melds into her piano style, I wouldn't be able to say. Hopefully, one of you musicians can elaborate.

Of course, all of them had chemistry. That's why we are where we are. I wish we had more of them fooling around in the studio. Christine always told the story of how in 1975 she brought in her song and Lindsey and Stevie just started singing on it automatically and flawlessly without rehearsal and they all knew they had lightning in a bottle.

On that little smidgeon of Kiss and Run we get, you can sense that. It seems that Chris just spontaneously tells them to start singing and they do and it's perfect, though short-lived. Maybe it wasn't off-the-cuff. Maybe they'd been playing around with that song for 20 minutes already. But it sounded instant and magical.

Michele
Old 09-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, especially when they're singing together. But Christine's solo vocal parts on that are definitely a step or two better than Lindsey's. It's one of her great blues performances.