User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green: Back from the Brink interview

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle5002777.ece

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 10-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Back from the brink

Thanks Moz,

A nice article. It connects to the MYSPACE tribute page. I doubt that peter has one himself, but his nephew Joe has a nice MySPACE page . I hope the company releasing the 4CD set can encourage Peter to keep playing in front of a camera and distribute that.

vinnie c
Old 10-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Ledgie

Thank you very much
Old 10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, thank you.

I found this quote quite interesting:

"If I hadn’t taken LSD, I would have kept up with the money, been able to play, wouldn’t have stayed with the group, because they didn’t know how to handle the situation.”

Does that mean PG would've left earlier than he did? I know he wanted to expand his musical horizons, and that was inevitable. Yet, would there have been an album like "End of the Game" without LSD?

With apologies to Jeremy Spencer, I think PG and FM could've remained intact had Spencer left the band around "Then Play On". In retrospect Kirwan's songwriting went more in a pop direction (just like the band) after Green left. Had PG stayed he could've shaped Kirwan's prolific songwriting in another direction. Of course this is in a world where Green doesn't take hallucinogenic drugs. The "what ifs" drive me crazy because I feel this band was another album away from Zeppelin, Floyd, Who, Stones, and Beatles status in the U.S..
Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that going pop was inevitible. Danny was already going pop (When You Say, Although The Sun Is Shining) when Peter was in the band. Part of why Peter left the band is that he felt too limited, and it's easy to hear that. Mick and John were adequate, but were really limited in their potential as things were. Bringing Christine into the band helped them blossom into a much more dynamic rhythm section. I wonder what would have happened had Jeremy left the band, but Peter remained. It may have opened things up a bit more for Peter.

OTOH, I really enjoy what Jeremy did on the stuff that recently came to light after Christine joined the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of Danny, I love his Kiln House songs - Jewel Eyed Judy and Earl Grey are my favourites!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Speaking of Danny, I love his Kiln House songs - Jewel Eyed Judy and Earl Grey are my favourites!
Don't get me wrong, I like the songs Kirwan produced after Green left the band. "Tell Me All The Things You Do", "Dragonfly", "Purple Dancer", and "Sunny Side of Heaven" (as well as the mentioned above) are great songs. I just wonder if the results would've been the same with Green in the band. Probably true with the Kiln House tunes (Earl Grey was a demo during Green's tenure) , but Future Games, and Bare Trees could've been different.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All these great interviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Thanks Moz,

A nice article. It connects to the MYSPACE tribute page. I doubt that peter has one himself, but his nephew Joe has a nice MySPACE page . vinnie c
Excuse me doodyhead , but how do I get to see this MY SPACE tribute page?

Thank you Moz! It is a great interview, but like in all the others it is so maddeningly painful that this man keeps refusing to acknowledge his own worth and legacy. You can see (read) that it is almost driving the interviewer mad as well!
I wonder what this self-depreciation is all about (if we don't use "tags" like schizofrenia or drug abuse?).....anybody with ears (and a heart) can hear that there are LIGHTYEARS between his playing and almost anybody else.

In this and the MOJO interview as well there are some nice things from his childhood, which gives a good clue to his background and the environment he grew up in, which really didn't shine through in the biography about him.

I like the line: "Looking at him, you can feel that his punishment for relatively contained narcotic misdemeanours has lasted agonisingly long. Or you can simply enjoy his winning smile and give thanks he ever mad records." - WE DO - both!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
OTOH, I really enjoy what Jeremy did on the stuff that recently came to light after Christine joined the band.
What stuff?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green MySpace Pge

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=165825595

I am trying to see if this does it

if not I will try again

if not

go to www.myspace.com/melandvinnie

click on peter greens picture in my friends area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Excuse me doodyhead , but how do I get to see this MY SPACE tribute page?