Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy Birthday, Violet

Happy birthday, Violet. You're long gone from the Ledge in body, but you're still here in spirit.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

happy birthday violet i hope that you have a nice one. do you have anything special planned for your birthday?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...thanks, guys! I just popped in today for a short break fromworking and I see this. Thank you.

I had a low key birthday. My dad and sister were up from FL for my mom's funeral which was Friday. I drove them to the Atlantic City boardwalk yesterday, and then to the AC airport for their flight home. I've had a rough go of it lately. Lost my grandmother, who I was very close to, in March. And then my mom passed away this past Monday, after falling and breaking her hip earlier in May. If our family were more litigious, we'd probably have a decent wrongful death case against the rehab facility she was at between hospital stays, but she had a lot of co-morbidities, so it's not worth pursuing. We did, however, voice our concerns with the place and have been updated on the changes they're implementing as a direct result of what happened with my mom. Guess you guys, didn't need all that info, but there it is.

I haven't been active here lately, but I do stop by once a week or so to see what's going on. Sad to see some of the old timers gone, but this is still an interesting place to visit.

Thanks again....
Carol