User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
First A Level exam like, right now. Wish me luck!
good luck! I have my End of Course Biology Exam today, as well!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
I had mine pulled spring break of my senior year of HS. While my friends were off on a cruise, i was getting home sick in bed. I got a new comforter out of it though.

To this day, 17 years later, I tell every doctor that I'm allergic to codeine. I don't think i'll ever have a codeine addiction, let's put it that way.

Hope you are on the mend soon. I can't remember much about what I ate or drank, but i do remember washing my mouth with salt-water through a syringe contraption. And I do remember no straws for a week or two.

I'm so happy I had it done while I was still on my parents insurance and that I was still in HS. I had friends who had it done 5, 10, 15 years after me and from what I remember hearing the experience was much worse (and expensive!)

I start the salt water thing today. It's supposed to help heal the wound faster and I think keep it clean as well. I couldn't drink anything out of a straw the first time I had this surgery because my gums felt like they were falling off, but I think I can do it now...and the wisdom tooth thing...I'm doing that this year sometime because my doc said I should just get it done and over with lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I was supposed to get my wisdom's pulled at age 18 but didn't because I feared for my life with all the horror stories others had shared. I put it off for 15 years and once or twice a year for a few days they'd hurt like hell. 800 ml. Ibiprophen would relieve the pain. Finally in 1994 my dentist said they had to be removed and he knew how afraid I would be so he introduced me to valium. I was instructed to take six over a four hour period and then be driven to the appointment. By the time I arrived at the office I didn't feel a ****ing thing. I remember giggling thru the procedure. After that I was driven home by my friend and the high was incredible! I went to sleep for 4 hours, woke up, felt NO PAIN and had pot roast for dinner. I was a cigarette smoker in those days. I was told not to smoke for 48 hours but as any smoker will tell you; that's impossible. I was never in any pain from the sugery. However, because I smoked right away, mary jane too, I created an air pocket below one of my gums and that had to be dealt with another time, but I don't remember how.

Moral of the story: Don't fear the reaper. Getting your wisdom's out may be no big deal at all.

And Don't Forget To Ask For VALIUM!!!!
Good thing mary-jane and I aren't friends lol
Ask for Valium...check lol (just for the giggles lol)

Quote:
First A Level exam like, right now. Wish me luck!
Good luck hun! I have tests this week too but thank "god" it's not today...
I hear fish oil is like brain food...
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
So I am staying with my foster parents for a few more weeks til my new house is ready. When I got down here, my foster dad's sister was living here, too, with her dog, Chloe. Chloe is the best dog ever, and the sister is basically useless, and also not nice to the dog. Yells at her all the time, makes her stay in the bedroom for no reason.

Sister meets some random skeezoid on the Internet about 2 months ago, and just leaves. For days at a time, at first, then weeks. Like, in the past 2 months, she's been home maybe 5 times, for 5 to 10 minutes each time, if that.

Which, hey - good, GTFO & stop stealing my cigarettes and annoying me.

But she left Chloe with us. Which is also fine, because we love Chloe. And there was a major change in Chloe's demeanor after the sister left. She's always been a good dog, but she's visibly much, much happier now - runs around and plays and acts goofy and is generally in a much better mental state.

Eventually the sister is saying, "Well, I don't know if I am moving out or not, but I can't take her with me if I do, because he doesn't like dogs," etc. Then she suggests maybe when I move out, I should take Chloe with me.

ABSOLUTELY. Chloe is wonderful with my kids, and a good watch dog, and just all around sweet. You don't find a dog like this just every day, you know? So I am more than happy to take her with me.

Thing is, for these two months the sister has been gone, she has not once bought dog food. Or even thanked us for taking care of her dog. Nothing.

And then all of a sudden, she shows up yesterday and says she's taking the puppy.

I was heartbroken, guys. I might have even cried a little (okay, a lot).

I mean, yes, she's technically not my dog, but I've been taking care of her for like 2 months now, and my daughter literally uses her as a pillow every night. She put her real pillow in the closet, because Chloe works better, she says.

So the sister takes the dog away, and we are all so sad panda, you have no idea.

BUT

This morning, my foster dad gets a text.

Apparently, she tried to take Chloe outside, but since the skeezoid has no fenced yard, she had to put Chloe on a leash.

And what did doggie do? She BOLTED as soon as her feets hit the pavement, and yanked the sister flat on her face. Busted out two of the sister's false teeth, scraped her face all up.

Annnnnnd now my dog's coming back home tomorrow.

Like, I am sorry (okay, not really) the sister got hurt, but clearly Chloe was not in the mood to be there. Sister always used to say Chloe could never go on a walk because she pulls on the leash too hard and tries to run away, but I've never had that problem. In fact, I can let the dog out without a leash on, and she will not run away, she just chills.

Hell, one of the kids accidentally left the back gate open once without realizing it, and I let the dogs into the backyard. A little while later, I walked past the front door to see Miss Chloe just sitting there, peering through the screen with her tongue hanging out, like, "Can I come back in?"

So I'm just sayin' that it sounds to ME like the dog knows where she wants to be.

Yay, doggie!
Zombie, Chloe was always your dog. So that was a most heartwarming outcome for you to get her back!
Incidentally, mum, David and I have had our cat Sooty for the past six years and he has also always been our cat - the neighbours that originally owned him (and imaginatively called him "Seyfer") would always leave him locked in the garage meowing endlessly... until we let him out and brought him into our unit one night when the neighbours were away for the weekend (yes, they effectively left him locked in the garage for the weekend). We had to put him back a little before they came home, but afterwards we were able to start letting him out more often when the neighbours were out. It got to the point that, when the neighbours moved out, they had to let Sooty out of the garage, and he immediately dashed into our backyard. They knocked on our door, but I wasn't home, and mum was in the shower. (She didn't make a special effort to get out.) They gave up... almost - they kept coming back for two weeks after their move, but we kept Sooty inside our house (better than a garage) for those two weeks, and they didn't bother knocking to check. We've officially owned Sooty since, and he's lived a generally happy life, except for this cat that's recently taken to beating him up from time to time, so we're always wary of that... mind, Sooty's a pretty naughty cat, and can be quite easily antagonised, probably due to mistreatment when he was a baby. Nonetheless, he's lovable!
Btw mum once saw the old neighbours when she was driving - it seems they've had a baby... one can only wonder how that child will grow up...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today I bought an absolute heap of albums! My album orders of 11 weeks ago came in today, and I also got a $60 gift voucher for JB Hi-Fi from a good friend today, so I spent it on them:
Out Of The Blue - ELO (30th Anniversary Limited Edition)
Kiln House - Fleetwood Mac
Penguin - Fleetwood Mac
Pyramid - The Alan Parsons Project (technically I just grabbed it while I was picking the other three up)
My friend is going to be reciprocated tomorrow with a $60 voucher for Borders for his birthday, which was a mere four days before mine. While I was there I used a gift voucher from Christmas and bought:
Behind The Mask - Fleetwood Mac
Time - Fleetwood Mac
So, yeah, that'll keep me busy! I'm currently listening to Out Of The Blue, which is just generally awesome, as anyone who's heard it would agree (unless they didn't like good music).
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sooo...I'm watching "I Get That Alot" and they do a segment where they ask ordinary people who they thing they look like...one lady says that she wants to look like Stevie Nicks
Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Zombie, Chloe was always your dog. So that was a most heartwarming outcome for you to get her back!
Incidentally, mum, David and I have had our cat Sooty for the past six years and he has also always been our cat - the neighbours that originally owned him (and imaginatively called him "Seyfer") would always leave him locked in the garage meowing endlessly... until we let him out and brought him into our unit one night when the neighbours were away for the weekend (yes, they effectively left him locked in the garage for the weekend). We had to put him back a little before they came home, but afterwards we were able to start letting him out more often when the neighbours were out. It got to the point that, when the neighbours moved out, they had to let Sooty out of the garage, and he immediately dashed into our backyard. They knocked on our door, but I wasn't home, and mum was in the shower. (She didn't make a special effort to get out.) They gave up... almost - they kept coming back for two weeks after their move, but we kept Sooty inside our house (better than a garage) for those two weeks, and they didn't bother knocking to check. We've officially owned Sooty since, and he's lived a generally happy life, except for this cat that's recently taken to beating him up from time to time, so we're always wary of that... mind, Sooty's a pretty naughty cat, and can be quite easily antagonised, probably due to mistreatment when he was a baby. Nonetheless, he's lovable!
Btw mum once saw the old neighbours when she was driving - it seems they've had a baby... one can only wonder how that child will grow up...
She came back the day before yesterday, and there was much bouncing and rejoicing!

Sooty is an awesome name for a cat. I don't like cats, myself, but mostly because I am frightfully allergic to them. Ask me about the time I volunteered at the animal control in Chicago in 8th grade. It was a nightmare. Of course, it didn't stop me from the volunteering, but still.

Does "Seyfer" mean something?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
C for Cat I had a friend who's dog was called Deefer

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i am addicted to dachshunds, i am currently raising my 3rd, he's a dapple blue eyed fur baby, his name is spanky louis (for louis vuitton) mclovin, my other 2 were weaner (from ALF) & sweeney~
Old 05-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Quote:
AH HA! Wery clever, wery clever indeed.

I had a friend with a cat named Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i am addicted to dachshunds, i am currently raising my 3rd, he's a dapple blue eyed fur baby, his name is spanky louis (for louis vuitton) mclovin, my other 2 were weaner (from ALF) & sweeney~
Those are mighty fine names! When I get my dachshund, his name will be Pliers. I will lovingly fashion him a beanie hat with a propeller on the top. I have it all planned out.

I keep trying to get a decent photo of my foster uncle's dachshund, Sammy, because of the whole not a tooth in his head thing and the resultant tongue constantly sticking out, but he is far too regal for such and pointedly turns away every time.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She came back the day before yesterday, and there was much bouncing and rejoicing!

Sooty is an awesome name for a cat. I don't like cats, myself, but mostly because I am frightfully allergic to them. Ask me about the time I volunteered at the animal control in Chicago in 8th grade. It was a nightmare. Of course, it didn't stop me from the volunteering, but still.

I'm glad to hear it!
I called him Sooty because he's a white long-hair cat with grey patches. I was also inspired to call him such because he acts so much like Andy Griffiths' dog Sooty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Griffiths). Anyway, your allergy to Sooty is probably a good thing - he's so naughty when he's awake! However, most other cats are calm, affectionate and adorable, so in that respect your allergy is kind of annoying for you, I guess...
Yeah, c for cat, as ButterCookie observed. Her observation wasn't quite as obvious as this one from Captain Obvious though:

I assume you've come across Uncyclopedia - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Obvious. If not, there's a treasure trove of funny articles... of which I just remembered one that would make a good post for The Happy Thread - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rafael_Nadal. Enjoy!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
AH HA! Wery clever, wery clever indeed.

I had a friend with a cat named Cat.

Those are mighty fine names! When I get my dachshund, his name will be Pliers. I will lovingly fashion him a beanie hat with a propeller on the top. I have it all planned out.

I keep trying to get a decent photo of my foster uncle's dachshund, Sammy, because of the whole not a tooth in his head thing and the resultant tongue constantly sticking out, but he is far too regal for such and pointedly turns away every time.
here he is, tho he wouldn't turn like i wanted him to so you could see how wicked his eyes are~ they are real blue, like a husky dog's or the actress meg foster~
Old 05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Yeah, c for cat, as ButterCookie observed. Her observation wasn't quite as obvious as this one from Captain Obvious though:
Well, in my defense, I was reading the "sey" part as being pronounced like "say."

Quote:
here he is, tho he wouldn't turn like i wanted him to so you could see how wicked his eyes are~ they are real blue, like a husky dog's or the actress meg foster~
ZOMG, *squish*

He's so cute! I want one.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got a new fish today.
Her name is Slick - after Grace Slick.
(Stevie isn't a fish name for me!)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
I got a new fish today.
Her name is Slick - after Grace Slick.
(Stevie isn't a fish name for me!)
congrats!!!~ i love fish, what kid is it?~ i have a 30 gallon tank~
Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
congrats!!!~ i love fish, what kid is it?~ i have a 30 gallon tank~
The tank's nothing fancy, 11 gallons I think?
I got a golden/brown comet,
My sister, a white and red
and my brother - a yellow one!