User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Go ahead, but you're a guy?! I was convinced for the longest time you were a girl.
I seem to have that effect on people. It seems you'll have to reimagine your mental image of me as a male, for better or worse.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I seem to have that effect on people. It seems you'll have to reimagine your mental image of me as a male, for better or worse.
That's fine with me. Of course, that isn't as bad as this one forum, where a guy thought I was a guy in touch with my feminine side, not a girl. Seriously.

As for going to science, let's consult Zombie and see what she thinks.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's fine with me. Of course, that isn't as bad as this one forum, where a guy thought I was a guy in touch with my feminine side, not a girl. Seriously.

As for going to science, let's consult Zombie and see what she thinks.
Well, he sounds like someone worth dating.
Yeah, Zombie knows all ever since I conferred upon her the status of pure awesome.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, Wicked is certainly mine. Mind, I haven't seen many musicals, basically because I find most musicals mildly annoying (I prefer straight plays), but Wicked is simply brilliant!
Did we just agree?
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, he sounds like someone worth dating.
Yeah, Zombie knows all ever since I conferred upon her the status of pure awesome.
Yup, she does, and I do believe this fella does sound like someone I'd like to spend some time with.

In the meantime, if you want a good laugh, check out this Stevie quote:

"Lindsey and I were still enough together that he would come up there and sleep every once in a while."

Sleeping...yeah, OK, Stevie, tell us another one

Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Did we just agree?
You know, I was just telling holidayroad about how on the ball I perceive you to be, even though we never agree. However, it seems that, for better or worse, we have agreed for once. With any luck this will be the last time...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yup, she does, and I do believe this fella does sound like someone I'd like to spend some time with.

In the meantime, if you want a good laugh, check out this Stevie quote:

"Lindsey and I were still enough together that he would come up there and sleep every once in a while."

Ooh, I like that quote!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ooh, I like that quote!
Hmmm...I wonder what they were doing while they were "sleeping"?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Somebody is enjoying my facebook shipper album

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee
You know, I was just telling holidayroad about how on the ball I perceive you to be, even though we never agree. However, it seems that, for better or worse, we have agreed for once. With any luck this will be the last time...
Well thank you. I had typed out a response to you in the color thread about how our two perspectives are never going to meet, and I included a huge Neil Gaiman quote that is pretty much the definition of why I love imagination more than straight facts...but then I thought we shouldn't hijack. Again.
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Somebody is enjoying my facebook shipper album
That album is great and you need some more good pics.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That album is great and you need some more good pics.
I agree. Unfortunately I don't have the internet at home right now, and I feel like working on my photo albums at work crosses SOME line I'm not ready for yet haha, so it shall remain as is for the time being
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm...I wonder what they were doing while they were "sleeping"?
This, no doubt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep.

Quote:
Well thank you. I had typed out a response to you in the color thread about how our two perspectives are never going to meet, and I included a huge Neil Gaiman quote that is pretty much the definition of why I love imagination more than straight facts...but then I thought we shouldn't hijack. Again.
Why no hijack? Hijack fun! Hijack insightful!
You'd have to elaborate on what you mean by imagination vs. straight facts... perhaps we have different (incommensurable?) understandings of the terms? My understanding is that of Einstein's:
"I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research."
Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97; also in Transformation : Arts, Communication, Environment (1950) by Harry Holtzman, p. 138
It took me ages before I figured out what he was getting at... admittedly, that was when I'd only heard the paraphrased version, "Imagination is more important than knowledge", though - I only discovered the full version a moment ago.
(Have I been sufficiently disagreeable, or do you require more refutations? )
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He really did say that about you! Just thought I'd confirm!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This, no doubt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep.

Why no hijack? Hijack fun! Hijack insightful!
You'd have to elaborate on what you mean by imagination vs. straight facts... perhaps we have different (incommensurable?) understandings of the terms? My understanding is that of Einstein's:
"I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research."
Cosmic Religion : With Other Opinions and Aphorisms (1931) by Albert Einstein, p. 97; also in Transformation : Arts, Communication, Environment (1950) by Harry Holtzman, p. 138
It took me ages before I figured out what he was getting at... admittedly, that was when I'd only heard the paraphrased version, "Imagination is more important than knowledge", though - I only discovered the full version a moment ago.
(Have I been sufficiently disagreeable, or do you require more refutations? )
We actually have the same understanding, then. You can't figure out anything until you really open your mind to everything. The difference, though, is that once I know the "answer," I still like living in the world where everything's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere
I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not. I can believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and Marilyn Monroe and the Beatles and Elvis and Mister Ed. Listen–I believe that people are perfectible, that knowledge is infinite, that the world is run by secret banking cartels and is visited by aliens on a regular basis, nice ones who look like wrinkledy lemurs and bad ones who mutilate cattle and want our water and our women. I believe that the future sucks and I believe that the future rocks and I believe that one day White Buffalo Woman is going to come back and kick everyone's ass. I believe that all men are just overgrown boys with deep problems communicating and that the decline of good sex in America is coincident with the decline in drive-in movie theaters from state to state. I believe that all politicians are unprincipled crooks and I still believe that they are better than the alternative. I believe that California is going to sink into the sea when the big one comes, while Florida is going to dissolve into madness and alligators and toxic waste. I believe that antibacterial soap is destroying our resistance to dirt and disease so that one day we'll all be wiped out by the common cold like the Martians in War of The Worlds. I believe that the greatest poets of the last century were Edith Sitwell and Don Marquis, that jade is dried dragon sperm, and that thousands of years ago in a former life I was a one-armed Siberian shaman. I believe that mankind's destiny lies in the stars. I believe that candy really did taste better when I was a kid, that it's aerodynamically impossible for a bumblebee to fly, that light is a wave and a particle, that there's a cat in a box somewhere who's alive and dead at the same time (although if they don't ever open the box to feed it it'll eventually just be two different kinds of dead), and that there are stars in the universe billions of years older than the universe itself. I believe in a personal god who cares about me and worries and oversees everything I do. I believe in an impersonal god who set the universe in motion and went off to hang with her girlfriends and doesn't even know that I'm alive. I believe in an empty and godless universe of causal chaos, background noise, and sheer blind luck. I believe that anyone who says that sex is overrated just hasn't done it properly. I believe that anyone who claims to know what's going on will lie about the little things too. I believe in absolute honesty and sensible social lies too. I believe in a woman's right to choose, a baby's right to live, that while all human life is sacred there's nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system. I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it.
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
He really did say that about you! Just thought I'd confirm!
Thank you. You're sweet.

Okay, three very separate JTIS's

1. I really enjoy the days I can pull off not having brushed my hair. For those of you who don't know how I look, I swear it's not like a hobo.

2. You know I like my girls a little bit older

3. I'm going to dinner with daniellaaarisen tonight

Eww too many emoticons.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 06-09-2010 at 02:10 PM..