User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default What do you like best....

...about Lindsey's personality? I know we compare his performances, music, lyrics, guitaring, producing, etc..ad nauseum, but what do ya like about his personality?

I know he stays "in the shadows" (hehe) for the most part...but from his BTM and various interviews in magazines and on TV and stuff..what jumps out at you that is funny or likable about Liddy Buck?

I like that he seems very down to earth, not an ego-manic, like when told how other artists feel about him, he geniunely seems touched that anyone even THINKS about him...how refreshing. I'm sure he has some kind of ego...he's not a wienie or anything , but it doesn't overshadow him and become inflated like other rockers. When you watch The Dance, and he puts his hand over his heart....sincerity. I love his honesty in interviews AND lyrics. I do love his shyness, I must say...it's endearing. Also, I love the story behind the hole in the guitar used at the New Years Eve "Here Comes the Sun" performance!!! He gets frustrated like anyone else...and apparently has a lil temper...but don't we all...I have that in common with Lindsey...I throw stuff when I'm mad too...and have gotten in trouble for doing so.

WARNING TO GUYS, DON'T READ...IT'S WAY GIRLY!! LOL: To be TOTALLY shallow, I love his giggle too..LOL There's a part in the FM Live video I think where he is playing the guitar and he giggles..it's cute!! Not a personality trait, but still...had to add that in..LOL
Old 01-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I probably pick out most of the things you said Christy.

Most of all, probably his humility, honesty, his thoughtfulness, and his complexity.

He's gives a lot of thought and consideration to things other artists may not. It's the kind of quality that adds a dimension to his work. Hearing his whole thought process behind a song usually highlights some things you might not catch initially and it adds a new level of appreciation.

The humility...He's both appreciative of and uneasy about being the object of great attention. I think that's an incredibly honest reaction - particularly honest with himself. Despite his talents, he knows that he's just a guy and he isn't comfortable indulging a lot in the trappings of fame.

His honesty...He openly struggles to be himself and be comfortable about it. His shyness and insecurity and occasional social discomfort is endearing, especially to those of us who can appreciate the feeling. In his lyrics the honesty comes out in what feels like totally unfiltered emotions. Some of those emotions don't even paint him in the most sympathetic light, and I think that requires a bit of bravery to put yourself in that position. It also is somewhat thought-provoking for the listener to see some things about human interaction laid bare and it can motivate some self evaluation.

But he's not milk toast either. He's stubborn, snippy, not one to shy away from challenges or arguments. The artiste - for all the "bad" and "good" that entails. In the overall shell of a shy man are flashes of great confidence, some arrogance, and a steadfast attachment to certain primary ideals about art and life and what is truly important about each.

In 1997 he said something about always trying to aim for certain ideals - to be better than he was. He said something like, "I'm not saying I've always been able to do that, but I've always tried to do that. You make choices that you hope are the best choices. Over a period of time you can come to define yourself by the choices you've made." I like that. It's a statement that rolls up a lot of the things I said above into one ball.

Plus, I think he's got a very goofy sense of humor that peaks out at interesting times.

Last edited by Les; 01-13-2003 at 12:19 PM..
Old 01-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: What do you like best....

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
......and apparently has a lil temper...but don't we all...I have that in common with Lindsey...I throw stuff when I'm mad too...
Yes, I have that in common with LB (and you!) too, although I think I would shoot myself before I throw a Turner RS-6 at the wall!

The only other personality trait I can think of that I have in common with LB is that we both seem to have a thing for blondes.

Old 01-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: What do you like best....

Quote:

I throw stuff when I'm mad too...and have gotten in trouble for doing so.

You're as bad as me, although I can't really throw stuff now.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Lindsey's guitar throwing wobblies.....

...I must admit....any throwing wobblies, guitar throwing or whatever, sound kind of scary and it's something that me, myself , I, don't really understand....not one of Lindseys favourite personality traits I imagine. HOWEVER...what I think is really neat about him is this goofy sense of humour which DOES pop out on occasion, on a live song as a giggle,or in an interview as something funny he says, or the odd photograph, or indeed through some of his more wacky songs, which I personally love. You just get the feeling that somewhere under that "everything must be perfect" side of him, theres this giggling little boy, that we get a glimpse of, every once in a while and when we do its great.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 'throwing wobblies' - lol mich

Yes the first thing that came to my mind when I read Christy's question is that sense of humour.

Les! - that was an exceptionally well articulated dissertation/post! I concur with your spot on sentiments about the Big B!!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Sense of humour...

VERY SEXY in a man...yes...I agree...goofy charm is definitely something I love in Lindsey.

I was thinking of some traits I don't really like in Lindsey...I only came up with a couple..hehe...

His perfectionistic ways make being a fan of his...VERY TRYING!! LOL He has only put out 3 solo albums in his entire career...I mean, as Dr. Evil would say...THROW ME A FRICKIN BONE HERE!! MORE, LINDSEY, MORE, PLEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!!

I don't like that he is so quiet and doesn't reach out as much to the fans (yes, I said I liked his shyness, but that's a different thing)...like Stevie does...I wish he would post on his website and meet with the fans more....
Old 01-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Like best...

Christy...I agree with you...he doesn't explain enough
or defend himself against the hurting trash reported!
He could "take us there" a little in his life! Like he could
of showed Kristen and him golfing on the enhanced cd!!!
You know where he asks..."Where is everyone?" there's
Stevie with pal Sheryl...John with his boat and car and
Mick weight-lifting! COME ON Lindsey...Loosen UP!!!

Back to the question: Lindsey is the whole energy package
for a Rock Star!I really admire Lindsey BucKINGham!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 01-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

I really must say that I think Lindsey has the sexiest speaking voice.

I love the spoken introduction to Surrender the Rain on OOTC. I could listen to him talk all day!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by saintbernard
[B]I really must say that I think Lindsey has the sexiest speaking voice.

Oh yes, one of the many little extra things, we all love about him
Old 01-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OH saintbernard you just beat me to that point. When Lindsey talks, I think it is the tone and the clarity in his words I am drawn in. I know it is not because Lindsey Buckingham is talking, I would be drawn to what he was saying even if he was one of my friends or even a complete stranger.

He doesn't say a lot but I believe that he thinks before he speaks so when he does say something it is not dumb.

What draws me in to his personality (besides for his voice) is his intensity. He portrays himself as being that intense artistic one who puts soo much feeling into his music. This of course leads to his perfectionism which is a trait I do not understand the severity of.

OH and his smile and those blue-grey eyes!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey is Loquacious!!!

Oh, yessss!!! Very loquacious and I love his breathy,sensual
way with lyrics too! You can feel him breathing on You almost!

Lindsey does cross-word puzzles{notice on the enhanced cd}
he has a great command of the language that's exceptional!!!

Janet...remember way back around 1979 or so when Lindsey is
nterviewed with his cute curls and blue shirt after... TUSK?
He looks so sad explaining... "They tried to blame it All on me!
It sorta hurt me!" He looks like he's going to cry!Heartbreaking!
Talk about a Sweet Darling...Lindsey definitely is that!!! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 01-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I agree with everything you all have said about what is so loveable/admirable about Mr. Buckingham.. the honesty, humility, brilliant creativity and the fact that he is so articulate. I must add, though it's not necessarily a personality trait, his trademark performance style.
The rocking back and forth with the guitar while he closes his eyes....
The shoulder shimee thing that he does that's sort of spasmic...
The shy, humble way he thanks his audience after screaming his head off and/or performing a blistering guitar solo like in "Big Love" and "I'm So Afraid"...
That look on his face when he is singing...his forehead sort of creases and he looks sad. It's the same look when he's whispering soft notes or belting out the loud ones.
Another thing I really dig, though it's not really a personality trait either, is his California accent . I love listening to interviews with him and Stevie Nicks...they both have this funny accent that is so cute (Having spent practically my whole life in New York and New England, it's not a speaking style I hear much). I think it's a Bay area thing...because I met a friend in college who's from there and talks just like Lindsey...different voice and totally different personality, but same sperech patterns. I love listening to him!
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 01-24-2003 at 11:26 PM..
Old 01-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Sense of humour...

Quote:
He has only put out 3 solo albums in his entire career...I mean, as Dr. Evil would say...THROW ME A FRICKIN BONE HERE!! MORE, LINDSEY, MORE, PLEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!!
LMAO!

When his son was born: "I shall call him.......mini-Buck."

Speaking of which, do you reckon little William has played his first notes on his daddy's Model One yet??

Old 01-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow seteca...

Mini-Buck! LMAO!!

Hmm...well, that picture of lil William with daddy and the headphones on says to me that he's probably been MAJORLY exposed to dad's music, geetar and the studio...and I can only say, yes, he's probably touched that M1 because if Lindsey can throw a guitar across the room in a fit of rage, and play it on NATIONAL TV with a hole in it....he would probably not get upset at William touching his M1.