Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Jeremy Spencer Xmas single

Jeremy Spencer has released a new single. It is a nice instrumental in the same style as his recent albums. The tune is called «Natalis» and was released on December 15. It is available on Spotify.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Jeremy Spencer has released a new single. It is a nice instrumental in the same style as his recent albums. The tune is called «Natalis» and was released on December 15. It is available on Spotify.
. . . yawn!
Old 12-17-2020, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
. . . yawn!
I’m sorry?
Old 12-18-2020, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m sorry?
you don't have to be at all - it wasn't a comment on your post! i just wanted to express my disappointment on the ongoing one-dimensional direction of jeremy's music throughout his offerings of the last few years.

this is all well and beautiful, and to include one or two such instrumentals in a stylisticly varied bunch of songs would certainly be alright with me. but to listen to one whole cd (let alone even more) of that stuff alone has nothing but a sleep-inducing effect on me personally.

as for all the folks who can't get enough of it - be glad and soak up every bit of pleasure from each second of it!
Old 12-20-2020, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you don't have to be at all - it wasn't a comment on your post! i just wanted to express my disappointment on the ongoing one-dimensional direction of jeremy's music throughout his offerings of the last few years.

this is all well and beautiful, and to include one or two such instrumentals in a stylisticly varied bunch of songs would certainly be alright with me. but to listen to one whole cd (let alone even more) of that stuff alone has nothing but a sleep-inducing effect on me personally.

as for all the folks who can't get enough of it - be glad and soak up every bit of pleasure from each second of it!
I get your point, lazy poker. It’s a matter of personal taste. Since 2016 Spencer has released 7 «homemade» instrumental albums, plus one with vocal tracks. It is probably his preferred way to work and release music nowadays. These releases do lack something regarding production and arrangements, compared to albums like «Precious Little» and «Coventry Blue».

Personally, I welcome the instrumental albums, if the alternative is no release at all. But a new studio album with vocals and full band would have been fantastic!
Old 12-20-2020, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(. . .) But a new studio album with vocals and full band would have been fantastic!
. . . and i wouldn't mind him returning to the blues at all (especially considering that his slide playing has improved massively since the early days) - that's what i'm waiting for!
Old 12-24-2020, 12:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up Thank you Dansven

Quote:
I get your point, lazy poker. It’s a matter of personal taste. Since 2016 Spencer has released 7 «homemade» instrumental albums, plus one with vocal tracks. It is probably his preferred way to work and release music nowadays. These releases do lack something regarding production and arrangements, compared to albums like «Precious Little» and «Coventry Blue».

Personally, I welcome the instrumental albums, if the alternative is no release at all. But a new studio album with vocals and full band would have been fantastic!
Thank you for your support, Dansven. Yes, it is my preferred way to work these days for solitary uninterrupted inspiration and also necessity due to budget, location and circumstances! Besides, there's plenty of 'heavier' stuff out there for those who prefer.
Anyway, a happy Christmas to you and yours.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
Thank you for your support, Dansven. Yes, it is my preferred way to work these days for solitary uninterrupted inspiration and also necessity due to budget, location and circumstances! Besides, there's plenty of 'heavier' stuff out there for those who prefer.
Thank you very much, Mr. Spencer!

It was a very touching moment to witness you from the front row at the London Palladium this February at the celebration concert. Your performance of real blues was without any doubt the highlight of the evening.

Thank you very much, and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Daniel
Old 12-24-2020, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
Thanks for stopping in here, Jeremy! You should do that more often.
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-31-2020, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . yawn!
I'd put it this way, his playing is amazing, but I miss the vocals.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:14 AM
Ledgie

Dan - I just saw your email message from 2016 and responded about the Jeremy Spencer CD! I didn't even realize there was an "inbox" !!! lol
Old 01-04-2021, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
Dan - I just saw your email message from 2016 and responded about the Jeremy Spencer CD! I didn't even realize there was an "inbox" !!! lol
I’ll check my inbox.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

«Steady On». New Jeremy Spencer single available on Spotify now. Nice slide guitar and original artwork.