The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Most times when a clip is shown of one of the top guitarists of all time, we see a person blazing through an electric guitar solo. I knew instinctively when asked by Larry which song of Lindsey's was the most fave to perform live, he would answer BL. But oh, how I hoped I would be wrong. I was hoping he might answer, I'm So Afraid, though he did say later in the interview he gets "lost" in that solo every night when he performs that song. I wonder if Lindsey would prefer to be remembered as an acoustic guitar player when all is said and done?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for the album, I took wanting the power to change someone's mind as relating to that. So, it was a slight downer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Most times when a clip is shown of one of the top guitarists of all time, we see a person blazing through an electric guitar solo. I knew instinctively when asked by Larry which song of Lindsey's was the most fave to perform live, he would answer BL. But oh, how I hoped I would be wrong. I was hoping he might answer, I'm So Afraid, though he did say later in the interview he gets "lost" in that solo every night when he performs that song. I wonder if Lindsey would prefer to be remembered as an acoustic guitar player when all is said and done?
My instinct would be to say yes, but I think that's because he seems to favor, not only BL, but Shut Us a Down or Time a Precious Time so much. That could be just because acoustic is portable and spontaneous and only requires him and a guitar. Maybe it's not because he likes it better, although that is my impression. Certainly, I don't think he ever got as much audience feedback as he did when he first put BL and GI together onstage. I think that really stayed with him, as well as the response after The Dance aired.

Michele
Old 03-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As for the album, I took wanting the power to change someone's mind as relating to that. So, it was a slight downer.

^This.

The additional comment that it comes down to "timing" seems to support the sense we have that Stevie will want time away from FM after this tour to do whatever and that he holds hope she'll return to the fold after that. And we won't get to hear the magical music of CM and LB til then......
Old 03-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What an enjoyable, upbeat, fun interview. Mick's interviews these days tend to make me tense, Stevie's make me angry, and Lindsey's can frustrate me with his canned responses. But this was great. Say what you will about Larry King, but I still think he's one of the great interviewers of our era. He tends to dig at people for deeper thoughts, and shut them down if he senses a rehearsed answer.

I have to say I was not surprised, but happy to hear Lindsey had really good things to say about the state of the music world at the moment, too. He used nearly my exact words about how the internet has equaled the democratization of music. All the bands he listed have been my perennial favorites for the past 5+ years, too. And although I'm not really a Radiohead fan, a collaboration with him and Thom York would be infinitely fascinating.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wonder if Lindsey would prefer to be remembered as an acoustic guitar player when all is said and done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
My instinct would be to say yes, but I think that's because he seems to favor, not only BL, but Shut Us a Down or Time a Precious Time so much. That could be just because acoustic is portable and spontaneous and only requires him and a guitar. Maybe it's not because he likes it better, although that is my impression. Certainly, I don't think he ever got as much audience feedback as he did when he first put BL and GI together onstage. I think that really stayed with him, as well as the response after The Dance aired.
i have no idea what Lindsey would prefer, but personally, i think he should be remembered as an extremely rounded guitarist - playing both acoustic and electric pieces. most guitarists gravitate towards one or the other end, he seems to enjoy both and has a range of songs that are great examples for one or the other.

yes, BL always always elicits unbelievable reaction. but so does ISA. and when he did his "acoustic" one man tour, he seemed to have never even considered doing just acoustic songs, and always enjoyed what would unmistakably be the first standing O in the setlist during and after Come.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2015, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up nice interview

I watched the whole show and it was great. Nice interview plus whomever asked him about a solo box set was great I keep hoping he does release one in the future. Thanks for letting us know it was on.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 03-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I watched the whole show and it was great. Nice interview plus whomever asked him about a solo box set was great I keep hoping he does release one in the future. Thanks for letting us know it was on.
it was our own Vivien!

but his response seemed a bit wistful - that he'd love to but it's up to WBs. i read into it he may not be commercial enough for them to consider doing it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, BL always always elicits unbelievable reaction. but so does ISA.
So does the end of ISA.

Michele
Old 03-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone manage to snag a download of the video from Hula or Ora? seems we cannot see the interview unless you are in North America

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can use a proxy to watch it on Hulu, but my internet's too slow to just stream it, so any recording would consist of half the time spent buffering...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-27-2015, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't watch it in Canada either.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Couldn't see it at home in Canada. Just arrived in Florida today for some holidays. Watched it and it is great. If you can figure out a way to watch I would recommend. Just about to start the Meatloaf interview too.