User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

some new info about this show -

some blogger reported how he was very impressed by a superstar like LB not traveling with posses or roadies and believed it was his kid helping him carry gear in through the rear entrance of a charity event - no fanfare, limos just Lindsey and a youth in teenage years, he said by the interaction he believed it was father and son.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-16-2015, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

some blogger reported how he was very impressed by a superstar like LB not traveling with posses or roadies and believed it was his kid helping him carry gear in through the rear entrance of a charity event - no fanfare, limos just Lindsey and a youth in teenage years, he said by the interaction he believed it was father and son.
Oh, that would have been worth the price of admission right there.

Michele
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Audio Only.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-17-2015, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Audio Only.

thanks!

here's the text / explanation that accompanies and explains this audio/video:

Published on Jan 17, 2015

The audio of Lindsey Buckingham performing "Shut Us Down" at Largo at The Coronet in Los Angeles, CA on January 12, 2015. This was a benefit show for Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services billed as An Evening with Judd Apatow & Friends. Lindsey Buckingham was one of the headliners and did a 3 song set. This was the first song of the set. There were issues with the audio during the show. The theater is lovely and very intimate though acoustically not ideal for a loud guitar song.

All the pictures used in this video are from the 2014 southern California dates of the Fleetwood Mac "On With The Tour." Whether with Fleetwood Mac or solo, Lindsey Buckingham is an amazing musican. Go see him live on tour if you get the chance! Uploading this for the fans that couldn't be at this sold out show

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is the kind of thing that makes me wish I lived in California!

Old 01-26-2015, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear View Post
I believe your tone might be a bit hostile in the first paragraph and your use of the word objectionable. I think you are confusing someone calling out for something new or a deep cut to the drunk guy yelling "go your own way" after every song.

Apologies if I misread your tone and I do agree that you don't want to disrespect the thought that he will have already put into coming up with a setlist but I don't believe this is a band or person that shouldn't hear that we don't just need Go Your Own Way, Trouble, Tusk, Go Insane, etc.
I appreciate your rebuttal. It wasn't my intent to sound hostile. You were right in your insight; I was sort of unconsciously imagining a dramatic, overreaching scenario: an aggressive, unruly bunch of marauders, carrying torches, charging the stage, demanding change; poised to burn down the venue if their demands weren't met!

I believe that they (Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey) sort of live a bubble, with little understanding of what longstanding, die-hard fans want from them: making new music as well as taking stock in their work that gets ignored, in favor of their most popular songs, which have been worked into the ground. I can understand why, for commercial reasons, their choices appeal more to a larger, more casual fan base, rather than and informed hardcore fans who are more familiar with their body of work of than they (the band) are.

It will ever happen, but if the band, in an effort to freshen up their set lists, posted a poll to see which songs (excluding their staple hits)their longstanding fans would like to see in their set lists. I bet it would be a quite an eye opener. But the point is pretty much mute, since they likely will cease being a band within a few years. My only wish is that they finish and release a new album., forgo another massive tour, but make a few intimate performances featuring a fair amount of new songs, and release a live CD/DVD, similar to The Dance.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-26-2015 at 04:23 AM..
Old 01-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

This is amazing! His son was caught on TMZ with Lindsey, as we know. Very endearing to hear he was helping his rock star Dad. I'm sure Stevie's done the same thing a few times with her niece...