The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is great Nicole. Thank you. Your transcriptions are invaluable. I taped the show, but haven't watched yet.

I don't know why Lindsey thinks that he helped write Don't Stop. He has previously pointed out that it's the shuffle kind of thing that Christine was doing before she had ever even heard of Stevie and Lindsey. I also don't know why he thinks he was in his mid-forties when he got married and started having children. Depends on how you define "mid."

Michele
Old 12-18-2014, 02:13 PM

Great interview. Thanks for transcribing..
Old 12-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365388835/

For anyone that didn't see it.
thanks for the link Eugene.

Overall a good interview. Yes, retreading some of the same old material, but that's the interviewer, not as much Lindsey's doing.

Glad to hear him say they/he will keep working on a new album… good to keep that momentum going in the media so it doesn't fall off the radar, and so if it does (fall off the radar) interviewers will ask, "what happened to that new album?" Stevie is influenced by that stuff, and if they won't do an album at this point without her, if that's what it takes to push her off the dime so be it.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I also don't know why he thinks he was in his mid-forties when he got married and started having children. Depends on how you define "mid."

Michele
Not as amusing as when he quite specifically said he got married when he was forty-six so...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is great Nicole. Thank you. Your transcriptions are invaluable. I taped the show, but haven't watched yet.

I don't know why Lindsey thinks that he helped write Don't Stop. He has previously pointed out that it's the shuffle kind of thing that Christine was doing before she had ever even heard of Stevie and Lindsey. I also don't know why he thinks he was in his mid-forties when he got married and started having children. Depends on how you define "mid."

Michele
yes. he also apparently thinks summer in the US is in October.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm amazed that nobody mentions that -in my ears- joyously beautiful rendition of Shut Us Down. Are we getting used too that brilliance? Blasé ? Come on, he pierced my soul again with that snippet.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm amazed that nobody mentions that -in my ears- joyously beautiful rendition of Shut Us Down. Are we getting used too that brilliance? Blasé ? Come on, he pierced my soul again with that snippet.
see below. i'm amazed that nobody's reading other people posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some initial thoughts:

positives:
  • it was a good interview, with interesting questions, and LB was obviously comfortable and relaxed
  • his stock answers changed in wording a bit
  • he brought up new FM album and said it is his priority
  • he did nice acoustic-y guitar bit of SUD
  • he has new [shiny?!] shoes

negatives:
  • really Lindsey? while trying to stay out of politics here, just have to say: Bill and Hillary are less idealistic and more politicians now than they were in 1992?? really? so now they can't use your songs? ever heard of Clinton initiative? or is it just that 42 yo LB was more optimistic than stale old 65 yo LB?
  • i am really hoping that the phrase "solo will have to wait for another year" means solo comes back in 2016, not a whole another year after FM tour is wrapped at the end of 2015. and really hoping that FM album is done and released in 2015

neutrals:
  • not sure how i feel about the "appropriate last chapter of FM" or however he worded it. does that mean this album will be their last? if so will it be double album? considering how much new music they already have recorded for it, seems that single album will not hold all that so it would have to be either double or 2 "last chapter" albums...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this video. His expression towards Tavis after his mini-SUD was funny. "ARE YOU NOT IMPRESSED?!" I loved his confident answer to whether he is a better guitarist now or back in the FM prime. All the little things he does are so endearing.
Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 12-18-2014 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Grammar issues.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to all of you for informing us of this interview with Lindsey!
The" Youngsters" saw them in Colorado and face-booked how great
they are...especially Lindsey !!! They know we admire him!!! (*0*)
Old 12-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just the minute of Lindsey playing Shut Us Down. I'd love to upload the whole interview for permanence but I'm basically getting about five minutes of workable internet per hour at the moment (and for the last six days) so that's not going to happen, sorry. This is lovely to watch though, if you haven't already. Which you ought to have done.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-20-2014, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see below. i'm amazed that nobody's reading other people posts!
I've read that. You got me on the word 'mentions'. But let's be fair: you mentioned it, but not quite fittingly described, in my world. Nice, acousticy does not come close to what he did there....

Old 12-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like how certain he is of their post Tour plans. He didn't say I hope we can go back and finish an album. He said it as though this is what will happen. His solo career can wait.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 12-21-2014 at 03:38 PM..
Old 12-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Wow. Thank you for sharing - it's lovely.
THIS is the reason I adore LB. <3
Old 12-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[the press covering this "news" item is not coincidental]

Fleetwood Mac To Record New Album In 2015

12/29/2014 3:35 PM ET RTT News

http://www.rttnews.com/2435876/fleet....aspx?type=old

Fleetwood Mac's reunion will extend past their "On With the Show" tour, which wraps this summer, according to Lindsey Buckingham, who admits the band will head into the studio as soon as they are off the road.

Buckingham said that he will put his own solo material on the backburner while he puts together a new Fleetwood album with Christine McVie.

"Before we started rehearsing the show with Christine . . . she came over and said, 'Lindsey, I've got some rough ideas for new songs,'" Buckingham recently told talk show host Tavis Smiley.

"She gave me a bunch of stuff to take home after we saw her in England when we played there. And I worked on it at home, took lots of liberties, came back. She loved it. We went in the studio for two months and came up with probably the best group of songs that were co-written that we've done in years. So we are going to continue working on a new album and [my] solo stuff will probably take a back seat for another year or so."

Buckingham added that a new Fleetwood Mac album "would be a beautiful way to kind of wrap up this last act."
Old 12-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[the press covering this "news" item is not coincidental]
wonder whether there will be some new interviews for that NBC year-in-wrap and whether Lindsey will push the album there.