User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Richard Dashut said he doesn't think they will tour again at this level-- I gather he means big world tour-- he says because age and etc will take its toll. Who knows.

Might be that's why they decide to tour before doing another studio album..? Tour while everyone's health is still good, their voices aren't totally shot and whatever else… then do an album which is easier for old farts than the strain of touring…

But no one will know til the time comes whether they will actually tour again or not. If we figure an album not before late 2015 or, as it's seeming now, 2016, will they really want to tour in 2016? Maybe. Fingers crossed everyone's still in good shape in 2 or 3 years.
I don't see Stevie doing FM 4 or 5 years in a row...After the 2015 tour I think she takes 2 or 3 years off from FM then one last big FM tour...FM will continue to tour in later years but on a smaller scale.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie took her sloppy seconds.
What?? Stevie and Dennis? If so, that's a MAJOR break in the girl code. Elaborate, please ????
Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
What?? Stevie and Dennis? If so, that's a MAJOR break in the girl code. Elaborate, please ????
Also...

About Dennis Wilson, Lindsey said in 1992: "I knew him pretty well. He even had an affair with my girlfriend! But he was a good guy. He was kind of lost, but I thought he had a big heart. I always liked him. He was crazy just like a lot of other people, but he had a really big heart, and he was the closest thing to Brian there was, too. He was halfway there."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
not the first time (coughCurrycough)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi know right!!!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Also...

About Dennis Wilson, Lindsey said in 1992: "I knew him pretty well. He even had an affair with my girlfriend! But he was a good guy. He was kind of lost, but I thought he had a big heart. I always liked him. He was crazy just like a lot of other people, but he had a really big heart, and he was the closest thing to Brian there was, too. He was halfway there."
Awwwwww... that quote kinda warms my heart...
Old 10-03-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Stevie and Christine were passin guys around like they were passing glasses of champagne.

They were 2/5th of FMac and both very powerful voices. They went along with a lot, but don't wake the sleeping giants.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie and Christine were passin guys around like they were passing glasses of champagne.

They were 2/5th of FMac and both very powerful voices. They went along with a lot, but don't wake the sleeping giants.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Two women in the band gives them so much charm. Those two ladies are having wonderful lives. Packed with an all expense paid, 15 year vacation.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah they only played it on the Mirage tour because it was a single from that album. If they can make Everywhere work live, they can do Hold Me.
They play Everywhere with "tracks"(playing along to "canned" music). IDK that they could do that to Hold Me. I'm fairly certain it would be difficult, due to the breaks in the song. Hard to fake, anyway, for senior citizens.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They play Everywhere with "tracks"(playing along to "canned" music). IDK that they could do that to Hold Me. I'm fairly certain it would be difficult, due to the breaks in the song. Hard to fake, anyway, for senior citizens.

Couldn't Christine and Lindsey sing their two verses, then all three do the holdme-holdme-holdme chorus and then a little guitar solo, maybe a piano solo too since it's a Christine song.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was listening to the bootlegs from the Chicago show. I love to hear Chris's deep background vocals on the Chain. Gosh she makes Fleetwood Mac. She is more influential than any other member IMHO.

But boy has she energized Stevie. I have not seen Stevie dance through an entire set since her cocaine days. Even in 1987 and 1990 Stevie was never on stage for You Make Loving Fun and Over My Head. She left it to her background singers to back Chris. I love how Stevie is doing background vocal on Little Lies (close your close your close your eyes).

Welcome back Fleetwood Mac!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Couldn't Christine and Lindsey sing their two verses, then all three do the holdme-holdme-holdme chorus and then a little guitar solo, maybe a piano solo too since it's a Christine song.
Hold Me is a fairly sparse song, production wise and I suspect they don't do it because they feel it would sound empty and thin in an arena. I would love to see the band do an acoustic portion of the set...like they did with SYLM on The Dance tour. Lose the mini Mac and play a handful of songs acoustically. Who knows, maybe they're already doing this? Dunno. I'm not watching any of the videos until I see them live. But, I think an acoustic rendition of Hold Me would be utterly amazing. Here are my choices for an acoustic set:

Hold Me
Walk a Thin Line
Honey Hi
Save Me a Place
Gypsy

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Honey Hi is such a catchy little song. It's so charming to listen to.

I'd add Crystal and Oh Daddy to your list. The acoustic Gypsy was such a success. I don't think they realize how much people enjoyed that and still listen to it. An acoustic set would be such a good idea...Tina Turner used to do it and would sit right in front with a guitar player on both sides. She had a blast doing it.

Two other things:

Always thought Lindsey should do a short medley of his Tusk songs, since there's many he's never done or hasn't done for a while. What about: What Makes You Think You're the One/Walk a Thin Line/The Ledge?

And I said this before, but Over My Head should be earlier in the set. No problem with it at all, just that toward the end it takes some momentum away. I would've suggested it as maybe the fifth song and presented the show as a musical journey, beginning with that very first hit single in 1975.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They play Everywhere with "tracks"(playing along to "canned" music).
Which raises the question ... how much are they using "canned" backing tracks ... and also, how much of what we are hearing is coming from the extra musicians? For example, I hear what sounds like a horn section on the audio of "Tusk." What's making that sound? Is that a "track," or is it being created by the extra keyboard guy in the shadows? How about all those extra layers of vocals in most of the songs? Are those all the backing singers, or are some of those pre-recorded?

On another thread, someone commented that it didn't even look like Lindsey is actually playing guitar, because one could hear guitar notes when his hands were obviously not touching the strings. (I think this was during a piece of "I'm So Afraid.")

I realize the days of seeing just the five of them on stage, no extra musicians, no "embellishments," are long in the past, but I want to at least know where the extra sounds are coming from.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did they play Everywhere to a backing track for The Dance tour?